Uncover Paradise: Busuanga Bay Lodge's Hidden Palawan Gem

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Uncover Paradise: Busuanga Bay Lodge's Hidden Palawan Gem

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Uncover Paradise: Busuanga Bay Lodge. This isn't your sterile travel brochure, this is the REAL DEAL. I’m going to tell you, after spending a week there, what makes it a gem…and what almost made me throw my flip-flops in the ocean. (Spoiler alert: it's still a gem.)

SEO-Worthy Ramblings (aka the Basics, but with Flavor!)

Let's get this out of the way. If you're looking for a luxury escape in Coron, Palawan, Busuanga Bay Lodge pops up frequently. This review, however, isn't just about the hotel; it's about experiencing it. So, expect me to zigzag a bit.

  • Accessibility: Okay, for the non-adventurous among us (like…me, some days), getting to Busuanga Bay Lodge is easy enough. Airport transfer? Sorted. (More on that later.) Inside the lodge, it's mostly good! Elevators are present, but you definitely need to talk to the hotel about specific wheelchair accessibility. I was able to navigate with a slight mobility challenge.

  • Internet, Internet, Internet (and Free Wi-Fi!) This one is crucial. Yes, there’s Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And…it actually works. Not blazing fast, mind you, but enough to upload those envy-inducing sunset pics to social media and keep in contact with loved ones. Plus, they have Internet access [LAN] for those who are old school/ need a little more reliability. A great thing is Wi-Fi in public areas.

  • Accessibility: Food!

    • On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Several options across the property, all easy to get to on foot or by golf cart.
    • Dining/drinking/snacking…all of it:
      • Restaurants: Several, including a Western cuisine restaurant (think juicy steaks and burgers after your beach adventures), a seafood-focused place (hello, fresh-caught goodness!), and options for International cuisine in the restaurant! They even serve Asian cuisine in the restaurant,. My partner is a sushi fiend. They make sushi. I’m happy.
      • Bars: A Poolside bar (obviously!), a Bar, and a Coffee shop – all essential for a relaxing vacation. I loved the view from the bar that overlooked a stunning beach.
      • Snacks: Snack bar
  • Safety and Cleanliness: The Anxiety Relief Factor

    • Cleaning: The hotel takes it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services, and staff trained in safety protocol. As a borderline germaphobe, this really helped me relax.
    • Food: Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, safe dining setup, and individually-wrapped food options. If you have food allergies, communicate them with the staff. They are accommodating and want to help.
      • Hand sanitizer everywhere!
    • Physical Distancing: They were good about this. Nobody breathing over your shoulder.
  • Things to Do (and Ways to Relax – Because, Hello, Vacation!)

    • Swimming Pool: An outdoor Swimming pool with a pool with a view.
    • Body Work: They offer the standard Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap which I enjoyed.
    • Fitness: Fitness center and Gym/fitness
    • Spa: Spa, Spa/sauna.
    • Sauna & Steam room: They've got both!
    • I'm not super great at these things, but… Foot bath.

My Own Messy, Beautiful Experience - The Good, The Bad, and the Absolutely Gorgeous

Okay, here’s where things get personal. I'm not going to lie, pre-trip anxiety kicked in. Palawan? Remote. Busuanga? Sounds like a planet in Star Wars. But booking the airport transfer eased that feeling. When I arrived, I was greeted with a welcome drink and a big smile.

The Room: A Private Sanctuary with a View

Let's talk about my room. The Non-smoking rooms are fantastic. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. Blackout curtains? Absolute bliss for sleeping in. The extra long bed was amazing. And, the view… oh, the view! Imagine waking up to that. They put in a complimentary tea and free bottled water in the room. There was air conditioning, it was great to have it, and an alarm clock, which was very convenient. I did love the bathrobes especially after the shower. the desk was great to have and the desk, too.

The Food: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly!)

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was a highlight. They have a great one with Asian breakfast options– which I'm obsessed with! The Coffee/tea in restaurant was good. They also had Vegetarian restaurant options. The Salad in restaurant made me feel slightly less guilty after indulging. The Bottle of water was convenient.
  • Dinner: The Western cuisine in restaurants was excellent. I ate a lot of it.

The Imperfections (Because, Well, Life)

Okay, nobody’s perfect, and neither is the hotel, even if it aspires to paradise.

  • The Internet Wobble: While Wi-Fi existed, it occasionally had a mind of its own, especially during peak hours. Try to limit large downloads to off-peak hours, or go old-school and read a book.
  • Room for Improvement: They could make getting around a bit easier for people with disabilities.

The "Must-Dos" and "Don't Misses":

  • Island Hopping: Seriously, do it. Coron is stunning, and the hotel can easily arrange tours. Just prepare for a little bit of sea travel!
  • Sunset Cocktails: Happy hour wasn't exactly a steal, but it was magical watching the sun dip below the horizon with a cocktail in hand.
  • Snorkeling/Diving: The water is unbelievably clear. This is a MUST.
  • Get off the grid and just breathe. The real luxury is the absence of the constant buzz of everyday life.

The "Meh" and "Could Be Better"

  • (Minor detail): The Shrine on the property was nice for a quiet moment of reflection, but not particularly high on the "must-see" list.
  • (Small detail): I think I wish there were a wider variety of Desserts in the restaurant.

The Verdict?

Look, Busuanga Bay Lodge isn't perfect, but it's authentic. It's a place where you can truly disconnect, recharge, and experience the raw beauty of Palawan. The staff? Wonderful. The views? Unforgettable. The food? Generally excellent! The few imperfections? They just add to the charm.

The Offer: Uncover Paradise – Book Now and Save!

Ready to escape to paradise? Book your stay at Uncover Paradise: Busuanga Bay Lodge and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!

  • What You’ll Get: Stunning beachfront views, world-class amenities, and an unforgettable experience.
  • Why Book Now?: Early bird discounts, special offers (for a limited time!), and the promise of a dream getaway. Trust Me!
  • Special Perks (depending on your specific dates)

Book your escape today and let Busuanga Bay Lodge be your haven.

Parisian Paradise: Unbeatable 11BAUER Best Western St Ouen Stay!

Book Now

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups and prepare to have your expectations shattered (in a good way, I hope!) because this isn't your average pristine travel itinerary. This is… my Busuanga Bay Lodge, Palawan, Philippines, diary. Brace yourselves, it's gonna get messy.

Busuanga Bay Lodge: My Palawan Paradise (and occasional Purgatory)

(Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Almighty BBL Pool)

  • 06:00 AM - Manila Airport: The Pre-Trip Nightmare: Ugh. The Manila airport. A crucible of sweaty armpits, questionable coffee, and enough screaming children to make you question your life choices. Okay, focus. Deep breaths. Palawan. Sun. Relaxation. (And the faint, lingering scent of disinfectant, unfortunately.)
  • 09:00 AM - Flight to Busuanga: Finally! Smooth sailing (thank God) on a tiny propeller plane. Watching the islands emerge from the clouds… pure magic. My inner Instagram influencer is already screaming for a photo.
  • 10:00 AM - Busuanga Airport: Welcomed with a Smile (and Humidity): Surprisingly efficient transfer to the lodge. Lush greenery everywhere. My shoulders are already starting to relax. The driver, bless him, had the most infectious laugh. I'm calling it - this is going to be good!
  • 10:30 AM - Check-in: The First Glitch: Okay, so my room isn't exactly what I booked. Small, but acceptable. Sigh. I'm not going to let it ruin my vibe. Deep breaths. After a word with the amazing staff, I got a better room!
  • 11:00 AM - The Pool: Pure, Unadulterated Bliss: OH. MY. GOD. This pool. The infinity edge. The turquoise water. The sun on my face. I feel like I've ascended to some higher plane of existence. This is where I'll be spending the majority of my time, I'm guessing. Already ordered my first cocktail. Don't judge.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch: The Food Coma Begins: Delicious. Fresh seafood, incredible fruit. I ate so much I honestly think I blacked out for a bit. Woke up with crumbs on my face and a deep sense of contentment.
  • 3:00 PM - Exploring the Grounds: Ants and Admiration: Wandered around the lodge. The landscaping is stunning. Like a postcard come to life. Found a colony of ants having a picnic, but hey, they deserve to enjoy the scenery too.
  • 6:00 PM - Sunset Drinks: The Perfect Moment: Wow. Just… wow. The sky exploded in a riot of colors. Sipping a cocktail, watching the sun dip below the horizon. This is what all that airport chaos was for.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner: A Little Disaster: Dinner was… okay. The service was a little slow. The steak was a bit overcooked. But the company was good (myself, mainly), and the wine was flowing.
  • 9:00 PM - Bed: Exhausted Happiness: Passed out. Dreaming of turquoise water. Palawan, you're doing it right.

(Day 2: Coron Town, Cockroaches, and Snorkeling Dreams)

  • 07:00 AM - Wake Up: The Morning After (and the Cockroach Incident): Okay, so I woke up to a cockroach. Not a tiny, polite one. A full-blown, "I own this room" cockroach. Cue the screaming and frantic flailing. Thankfully, the heroic front desk staff came to save me. That's what I pay the big bucks for.
  • 09:00 AM - Coron Town Tour: The Tourist Trap Tango: Headed to Coron town. Overcrowded. Hot. A bit underwhelming. But the market was a blast, trying to haggle with the vendors. Managed to buy a really pretty seashell and a hilariously dodgy "Palawan" t-shirt.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch in Town: Taste of Local Flavors: Found a little hole-in-the-wall eatery. The food was DELICIOUS. Seriously, the best Adobo I've ever had. Made up for the morning's cockroach encounter.
  • 1:30 PM - Back to the Lodge: Escape from the Madness: Back to the BBL! Thank God!
  • 2:30 PM - Snorkeling Excursion Preparations: The Anticipation is KILLING Me: Snorkeling tomorrow! I've already packed my gear. I'm so excited I could explode. I've seen so many pictures of the reefs.
  • 4:00 PM - Pool Time, Part Deux: Recharging the Batteries: More pool time. Needed.
  • 6:00 PM - Pre-Dinner Drinks: The Cocktails Keep Coming: Gin and tonic. A perfect way for the sunset.
  • 7:00 PM - BBL Restaurant, The Chef's Cooking: Amazing! The chef is great! The food is superb.
  • 8:00 PM - Under the stars: The star is something else. Stargazing. A billion stars. Pure magic.

(Day 3: Snorkeling, Sharks (or lack thereof), and My Underwater Debut)

  • 07:00 AM - Breakfast: Fueling Up for the Adventure: Pancakes. Coffee. More pancakes. Gotta be ready for serious swimming.
  • 08:00 AM - Snorkeling Trip: Into the Blue: Okay, here we go! Boat ride to the snorkeling spot. The water is so clear you can see the bottom from the surface.
  • 09:00 AM - The Underwater World: My Mind is Blown: Whoa. Fish! SO MANY FISH! Rainbow fish! Coral reefs that look like they're from another planet. I am legitimately speechless. I got really close to a sea turtle.
  • 11:00 AM - Shark Spotting (or not): The Deep Dive Letdown: We're supposed to see sharks. We don't. I'm slightly disappointed. But the underwater beauty is enough to make my breath get taken away.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch on the Boat: Simple Pleasures: Sandwiches. Fruit. Laughing with the other passengers. No complaints.
  • 1:00 PM - Back to BBL: The Calm After the Storm: Exhausted but exhilarated. Sun-kissed and waterlogged. This is living.
  • 3:00 PM - Poolside Relaxation: The Art of Doing Nothing: More pool! The sun is divine. Thinking of getting a massage.
  • 6:00 PM - Sunset Drinks: Another Day, Another Cocktail: This is becoming a habit. And I'm not complaining.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner: Chatting with Friends: Met some new friends. The conversation was lively. The wine flowed.
  • 9:00 PM - Bed: Contentment: Thinking of getting a massage tomorrow. Sleeping will be great.

(Day 4: Kayaking, Sunburns, and the Slow Burn of Departure)

  • 08:00 AM - Kayaking: Muscles I Didn't Know I Had: Rented a kayak and paddled around the bay. Beautiful scenery. My arms are screaming. Probably should have worn more sunscreen.
  • 10:00 AM - Sunburn: The Price of Paradise: Holy moly. My shoulders. I'm red. And slightly crispy. Rookie mistake.
  • 11:00 AM - Lodge Massage: The Sweetest Relief: The BEST massage ever. Soothed my sunburn. Melted away all my remaining tension.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch: Hydration and Regret: I am drinking gallons of water. Trying to combat the burn.
  • 2:00 PM - Pool Time: The Last Days: Soaking up the last rays of sunshine. Feeling a pang of sadness that this is all ending.
  • 6:00 PM - Sunset: Trying to savor it all: Gazing at the horizon. The perfect sunset. Tears of joy.
  • 7:00 PM - Farewell Dinner: Bittersweet: Saying goodbye. A mix of emotions. Sad to leave, but excited to see my bed.
  • 9:00 PM - Packing: Reality Bites: Packing. Ugh. The worst part. Remembering the cockroach. The great food. The laughter. Remembering the good times.

(Day 5: Departure, Reflections, and the Promise of Return)

  • 07:00 AM - Last Breakfast: Savouring the last of the good food: Eating is amazing.
  • 08:00 AM - Farewell to Paradise, with a photo: Checking for the last time.
  • 09:00 AM - Busuanga Airport: Leaving: Farewell, Palawan.
  • 10:00 AM - Flight Home: Thinking:
  • 01:00 PM - Manila Airport: Back home:

So, there you have it. My messy, imperfect, and ultimately amazing trip to Busuanga Bay Lodge. It wasn

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Butternut Tree Hotel, Singapore

Book Now

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Is Busuanga Bay Lodge really as dreamy as the photos? Honestly?

Okay, deep breath. The photos? Yeah, they're pretty. But the *feeling*? That's where the magic happens. I swear, the first time I walked out onto my balcony, the sun hitting the turquoise water… I almost started crying. Like, full-on, ugly-cry level. And I’m not a crier! It's got this… raw, untamed beauty. A bit of luxury, sure, but not the sterile, manufactured kind. There's a genuine warmth, a real soul to the place. It's less a polished magazine spread and more a living, breathing postcard. Seriously, the sunsets? Forget Instagram filters. They’re real. And they get to you. Be warned.

What's the food like? Because let's be real, bad food ruins everything.

Alright, listen up, foodies. I’m picky. *Very* picky. And the food at Busuanga Bay Lodge? Mostly fantastic. The breakfast buffet is a solid win – the omelet station is your friend, trust me. They have this adobo – Filipino comfort food – that made me question all my life choices. Seriously, I might have eaten it for three days straight. The restaurant, The Bay, is pretty fancy, so be prepared for a slightly more wallet-busting experience there. But their seafood? Worth every single peso. But, and honesty is key here, sometimes service can be a *smidge* slow. Like, Filipino time slow. Pack a snack. Or, you know, just enjoy the view while you wait – it’s not so bad, actually.

Is it a 'romantic couples only' kind of place? Or can a solo traveller/group of friends have a good time?

No, it's not just for lovebirds! Although, the romantic vibes are definitely there. But I saw families, groups of friends, even a few intrepid solo adventurers like myself. They're pretty good at catering for different types of travellers. The pool area is perfect for chilling with friends and the bar is a great place to meet people. Just warn the front desk if you're easily annoyed by a loud American family. But in general, it's a very inclusive place.

What's the best thing to do while you're there? Give it to me straight!

Okay, THIS is a big one. Forget all the other stuff everyone else is saying. The BEST thing? Snorkeling or diving! Because trust me, I ended up in a full-blown underwater love affair out there. I am not even a good swimmer. But seeing the corals... the colours... the fish... I actually held my breath and made myself get in. I found a patch of baby clownfish, and I was sobbing underwater through my snorkel because it was so beautiful. The dive sites are incredible, and even snorkeling is mind-blowing. They have boat trips. Book them! You will not regret it. Don't just lounge around the pool. Get wet. Get salty. Get *into* the ocean. You'll thank me later. Seriously.

Is the journey there a nightmare? Flights, transfers… the whole shebang?

Look, Palawan is a trek, no two ways about it. You can feel the travel fatigue creep up on you. But is it a total disaster of epic proportions? No! They arrange transfers from the busuanga airport to the hotel, so that's helpful. The flights can be a bit… unpredictable (hello, delayed flight!). But once you *arrive*, and you're greeted with that cool towel and a refreshing drink, suddenly the travel woes melt away. It's a journey, yes, but the reward? A thousand percent worth it.

The Spa. Worth it? I’m on the fence.

Ugh, the spa. Okay, here's the thing. I'm a spa skeptic. They always look so… pristine. But the spa there? Actually, yes. Worth it. I had a massage that practically melted my bones (after I'd spent the whole day diving). It’s not cheap, but it’s a vacation. Seriously, book a treatment. And then thank me.

Any hidden downsides? Any REAL complaints?

Alright, real talk time. The Wi-Fi? Can be a bit patchy. Embrace the digital detox, people! Some rooms might be closer to the generator. And, the air conditioning could be a bit noisy. You're in a remote location with limited infrastructure, so you have to kinda take the rough with the smooth. Also, there’s an occasional insect (maybe a mosquito?) but bug spray is your friend. These are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things. Also, I missed my dog. Obviously.

Would you go back? And, more importantly, *would you recommend it*?

Without hesitation. One word: Absolutely. I’m already planning my return trip. The place just… stays with you. It's not perfect, but the imperfections are part of its charm. The staff are lovely (even if service is a bit slow), the setting is breathtaking, and the whole experience… it's just good for the soul. If you're looking for a truly special place, a slice of paradise, a place to disconnect and reconnect… then yes. Go. Just go. Seriously, book it. My credit card is still recovering, but trust me, it was worth every penny. The ocean is calling… and you should answer.

Low Price Hotel Blog

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines

Busuanga Bay Lodge Palawan Philippines