
14Loft Chiang Mai: Thailand's HOTTEST Rooftop Paradise!
14Loft Chiang Mai: Forget TripAdvisor, This Rooftop's the Real Deal (Maybe, Let's See!)
Okay, so you're looking for the "hottest rooftop paradise" in Chiang Mai, huh? You've heard the whispers, seen the Instagram posts, and now you're considering 14Loft. Good. Because frankly, finding a decent hotel is a gamble, and I'm here to tell you if this one's a winner… or a total tourist trap. Buckle up, buttercups, because this review is going to be messy, honest, and hopefully, actually helpful.
First Impressions: Reaching for the Clouds (and Maybe a Cocktail)
- Accessibility: Right off the bat, I didn't have any major accessibility issues. They have an elevator – which, let's be real, is a lifesaver with rooftop hotels. But, and this is a big but, I didn't specifically test the wheelchair access in the rooms or around the pool. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, but I'd recommend confirming the specifics with them directly if accessibility is critical. Don't just take my word for it.
- Check-in: Smooth sailing. Contactless check-in/out is a godsend these days, and the staff was actually friendly. No robotic greetings here. I even had an impromptu chat with a guy who was genuinely happy to be working there. Nice touch!
- The Vibe: Instagram-Worthy or Actually Livable? Let's be real, that rooftop pool is the star. And yes, the "pool with a view" is genuinely impressive. You're talking panoramic views, a decent-sized pool, and a bar practically begging you to order a ridiculous, fruity cocktail. They've clearly put effort into the aesthetic. It's all very sleek, modern, and… dare I say, sexy?
Rooms: Does the Bed Feel Like a Cloud, or a Cardboard Box?
- The Essentials: Okay, let's run down the list: Air conditioning - yes, thank god. Free Wi-Fi - YES! (and it actually works, which is a miracle). Safety deposit box - check. Mini bar - yep, stocked with the usual suspects (and maybe a few overpriced snacks). Bathrobes and Slippers - ooh la la! They even have Complimentary Tea - my favorite!
- The "Extras": The blackout curtains were a lifesaver after a few too many Singhas at the bar. Seating areas were comfy, and the bed? Honestly? Seriously comfy. I mean, I actually slept. I think that's always the most important thing.
- My Little Anomaly: I snagged a room on a high floor. The views were ridiculously good. One minor gripe? The soundproofing wasn't perfect. I could sometimes hear the faint hum of the city below. However, it was nothing major, and it didn't keep me awake. I am sure it was me, and not the hotel.
- Cleanliness: SPOTLESS! Everything, and i mean EVERYTHING, felt clean fresh and pristine. The bathroom, the bed, the entire room. Kudos to their housekeeping team.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Feed Me, Seymour!
- The Drinks: The poolside bar is a must. I tried almost every cocktail. And I'm not ashamed to admit it! Happy hour is your friend. The poolside bar is great, and the drinks are well-made (if a little pricey). They have a decent selection of spirits, wines, and beers.
- The Food (and, oh boy, does this area need a separate section!):
- Breakfast: They offer an Asian breakfast and a Western Breakfast, but the buffet was the way to go. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order – the works. I think it was one of the most awesome thing about the experience!
- Dinner: The restaurant has both Asian and International cuisine, with the prices being fairly normal. I had the pad thai, it was good but not the best I ever had.
- Snack Bar: Perfect for those between-meal cravings.
- Room Service: Available 24/7, (a life saver when you're a night owl like me)
This is where the review gets messy, because it's where my experience was… unexpectedly interesting.
I started out wanting to try everything. I ordered a Salad in restaurant. It was a great dish. Then Soup in restaurant, a delicious addition. Desserts in restaurant, because why not. Then, on the second day I wanted something different. I wanted a veggie-friendly meal. I found the Vegetarian restaurant a godsend. It was amazing and fresh. The restaurant was also very welcoming to me. I came to learn the staff, and had the best experience ever.
Things To Do: Beyond the Pool (Because, Believe It or Not, Life Exists Beyond Rooftops)
- The "Relaxing" Stuff: They have a Spa. A proper spa with Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. Sadly, I didn't have time to experience them all. Stupid me!
- Fitness Center: A small gym with basic equipment. It's functional if you feel the need to work off all those cocktails and pad thais.
- Getting Around: 14Loft offers Airport transfer and Taxi service, which is super convenient. They also have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site].
- Other Nice Touches: Concierge, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, and a Convenience store.
Cleanliness and Safety: COVID-19 Edition
- They take hygiene seriously here. Hand sanitizer everywhere, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Good to know that they use Anti-viral cleaning products and, in general, seem to have a good handle on things. I felt safe overall.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Yep, they try to do that too, even if sometimes, in the pool, it's a little tough to achieve.
The Verdict: Hot Rooftop Paradise? Maybe. Definitely Worth a Look.
Alright, so is 14Loft the "hottest rooftop paradise"? Look, that's a bold claim, and honestly, it depends what you're looking for. It's not perfect. The soundproofing needs work, the food is good (but not mind-blowing), and the prices are a bit inflated.
BUT!
The pool is stunning. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff are friendly. The location is great. It's a genuinely pleasant place to stay.
My Recommendation? Book a room. Soak up the sunshine. Order way too many cocktails. And maybe… just maybe… you'll discover your own little slice of rooftop heaven.
AND NOW… THE SALES PITCH (Because, Hey, I'm getting paid for this!):
Tired of Hotels? Escape to Your Chiang Mai Oasis!
Escape the ordinary and experience the extraordinary at 14Loft Chiang Mai! Imagine waking up to breathtaking panoramic views, lounging by a sparkling rooftop pool with a cocktail in hand, and indulging in delectable Asian and international cuisine.
Book now and unlock these exclusive perks:
- FREE Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your amazing travel photos!
- Complimentary upgrade (subject to availability) - Enjoy a bigger, better room!
- Special discounts on spa treatments - Pamper yourself with a massage or body wrap!
- 24/7 room service - Never go hungry or thirsty!
Don't miss out on Thailand's hottest rooftop paradise! Click here to book your unforgettable Chiang Mai getaway!
(This is just an example. Use the actual booking link, if available. Make it enticing!)
Bonus: Seriously, go for the pool. And if you can, snag a room with a view. You won't regret it. And tell the reception the drunk reviewer gave you the heads up.
Hani Aryssa Homestay: Shah Alam's BEST Kept Secret (Section 7!)
Chiang Mai Chaos: A 14Loft Itinerary (More Like a Survival Guide)
Okay, deep breaths. Chiang Mai. 14Loft. Sounds idyllic, right? Let's see if we can actually survive this trip without a complete mental breakdown. Buckle up, buttercups. This ain't your grandma's itinerary.
Day 1: Arrival & First Impressions (or, the Glorious and Utterly Exhausting).
Morning (8:00 AM - Ugh, Daylight): Landed in Chiang Mai. Humidity slapped me in the face like a wet towel of pure, sticky, delicious… well, humidity. The airport? Actually shockingly organized. Thought I had my act together, managed to find the taxi queue. Anecdote: The taxi driver seemed to think he knew where the 14Loft was. He didn't. We ended up circling the same goddamn block three times before I, fueled by growing despair and a desperate need for a Singha, yelled "JUST STOP, I'LL FIGURE IT OUT."
Morning (10:00 AM - The Search Continues): Finally, finally found 14Loft. It's… charming. Like, REALLY charming. Think exposed brick, a tiny balcony overflowing with what I hope are not deadly plants, and a general air of "cozy hipster paradise." Check-in was a breeze. The staff? Super friendly, even though I probably looked like a drowned rat.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - Food, Glorious Food… and Regret): Lunch at a tiny street food stall near the hotel. Ordered something that looked delicious (bright colours, promising aromas). Quirky Observation: Turns out, "spicy level: medium" in Thailand means "mild nuclear explosion." My mouth is currently on fire. Send help (and maybe a Chang beer).
Afternoon (2:00 PM - Temples and Towering Expectations): Attempted to visit the temples. Wat Chedi Luang was cool, ruins are always cool, But the crowds! Lord have mercy, the crowds. Trying to take a decent photo felt like a contact sport. Emotional Reaction: Overwhelmed. Sweaty. Also, oddly… serene? There's a certain peace to be found in the chaos. I think. Maybe. Let me rephrase that as "Oh well, I will take my chance."
Evening (6:00 PM - Night Bazaar Nightmare, or, My Credit Card's Existential Crisis): Night Bazaar. Oh god, the Night Bazaar. Endless rows of trinkets, knock-offs, and the constant, incessant hum of bartering. Opinionated Language: It's a sensory overload. It's fun, initially then get so overwhelming it gets boring. I did find a few things tho, got a "Thai silk" scarf (probably polyester, but who cares). Spent way more money than I intended. My credit card is sobbing. Imperfection Note: I failed miserably at bartering. My attempts were pathetic. I’m pretty sure I just got ripped off.
Evening (8:00 PM - Dinner and a Plea for Sanity): Dinner at a restaurant recommended by the hotel. Pad Thai. Delicious. Needed. Now, I am just going to lie down and will never leave my room.
Evening (9:30 PM - Bedtime…Maybe?): Actually managed to fall asleep within 30 seconds.
Day 2: Elephant Sanctuary (and a Meltdown or Two).
Morning (7:00 AM - Elephant Adventure Begins!): Woke up with a new sense of "Oh crap." Today is the elephant sanctuary day. Breakfasted on fruit and toast, also on a large amount of anxiety. The hotel organized a ride to the sanctuary.
Morning (9:00 AM - The Sanctuary… and Tears?): Arrived at the elephant sanctuary. (I’m omitting the name, because I don’t want to give them a bad rap). They were rescued elephants. The whole operation was very ethical (no riding – yay!). Emotional Reaction: Okay, guys. This thing? This is what I came for. Watching these magnificent creatures roam freely, play in the mud, and just… be… it was overwhelming. Tears. Definitely had tears. Ugly crying, even. Stream-of-Consciousness Rambling: These elephants… they're so gentle. So powerful. Their eyes… you can see their intelligence. The way they interact with each other… it's like a giant, lumbering family. I was close to adopt one. I need to get a real job when I get home so I can make that a reality.
Morning (12:00 PM - Mud Bath Madness): Helping to give the elephants a mud bath. And oh man. It was the best, the dirtiest, the most joyful experience. I was covered in mud from head to toe, and I didn’t care. I was in elephant heaven. Anecdote: Almost got trampled by a particularly enthusiastic baby elephant. Worth it. Absolutely worth it.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - The Aftermath): Cleaned up from mud bath. Said goodbye to the elephants, feeling completely blissed out. This experience had me feeling. Incredible. I felt like I could face anything. Had lunch at the sanctuary. Tried to remember how to be a functioning human again.
Afternoon (4:00 PM - Coffee and Contemplation): Back at 14Loft. Needed caffeine. Needed a long, hot shower. Needed to process the elephant experience. Opinionated Language: If you come to Chiang Mai and don't visit an ethical elephant sanctuary, you're missing out on something truly magical. Don't be those people.
Evening (6:00 PM - Dinner & a Long Sigh): Wandered aimlessly around. Found a small local joint. Ordered something vaguely identifiable as "chicken." Delicious. Exhausted. Going to bed early.
Evening (8:00 PM - The End of the Day): Bed. Sleep. Dream of elephants.
Day 3: Cooking Class & Departure (AKA, The Great Escape).
Morning (8:00 AM - The Great Debate on whether to cook or not): Breakfast and then had a cooking class. Quirky Observation: I considered bailing on the cooking class. I'm not a cook. My kitchen at home is essentially a storage unit for takeout containers. But, I'm here! Let's do this.
Morning (9:00 AM - Cooking Class Catastrophe): Actually, I did pretty well. The class was fun. The instructors were patient. I even managed to make a decent Pad Thai. And the aroma was something.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - Tummy Full): Ate my creations. Felt incredibly accomplished.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - Last-Minute Souvenir Shenanigans): Last-minute shopping for souvenirs for those I love.
Afternoon (4:00 PM - Goodbye, Chiang Mai!): Taxi to the airport. Stronger Emotional Reactions: Mixed. Relieved to be going home. Also, a little sad to leave. Chiang Mai is a truly special place, even with the heat and the crowds and the fiery chili.
Evening (6:00 PM - Plane to the Sky): Airplane. Bye.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was messy. It was exhausting. It was also utterly, ridiculously wonderful. Chiang Mai: I'll be back. Probably. Maybe. Eventually. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a long nap. And maybe a doctor.
Manila Getaway: Hassle-Free Hotel with UNLIMITED WiFi & Netflix!
14Loft Chiang Mai: Let's Get Real (and Maybe a Little Tipsy) About This Rooftop…
Is 14Loft Chiang Mai REALLY as good as everyone says? Because, let's be honest, Instagram lies.
Okay, fine. I'll admit it. Instagram *did* get this one right. 14Loft? Yeah, it's pretty damn good. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong. I went once and, well, it's a *scene*. Like, a real scene. Expect to see people doing the whole "pretend-not-to-notice-they're-taking-twenty-selfies" thing. But the *view*… oh, the view. And the cocktails? Pretty on point. So, yeah, to answer your question, yeah, it's worth checking out. Just, maybe, go early to snag a good spot before the influencer hordes descend.
What's the vibe like? Is it all just posing and overpriced drinks?
Alright, let's be honest. There's a *lot* of posing. And the drinks aren't exactly bargain basement prices. But the vibe? It's… complex. It’s got this weird mix of ‘I’m-fancy-and-know-it’ and ‘I’m-just-here-to-have-fun-and-drink-too-much’ energy. I went with my best friend, Sarah (who, bless her, *loves* a good selfie opportunity – I swear, she's mastered the art of the "candid" shot) and we had a blast! We ended up chatting with two hilarious Aussies who were clearly on their third round of something delightfully fruity. So, yeah, it's definitely a place for people-watching. But if you can get past the posing (and maybe embrace a little of it yourself, no judgment!), it's actually pretty fun.
Okay, the view. Tell me about the damn view! What makes it so special?
The view. Okay, buckle up. It’s… stunning. Seriously. You see the entire city of Chiang Mai sprawling out before you, with the mountains as a backdrop. It's especially magical at sunset. I mean, actually *breathtaking*. I almost teared up. No, seriously. I’m not a crier, but the way the sun painted the sky...it was incredible. Plus, the rooftop itself is pretty cool, with all the little lounge areas and those dreamy little fairy lights. It's pure magic hour. They need to bottle that stuff up and sell it. I'd buy it.
Are the drinks good? And is it worth the price?
The drinks. Okay, the drinks are good. Not "life-changing" good, but definitely "I-could-drink-this-all-evening" good. I had a… I think it was a Mango Mojito? Something fruity and refreshing. Sarah went for a gin and tonic, classic, but she loved it. Now, are they worth the price? That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? They're probably a little pricier than your average Chiang Mai bar. You’re paying for the view, the atmosphere, and the "experience," I guess. My advice? Go during happy hour (if they have one – check the website!). Or… pace yourself. Or be like Sarah, and just buy it and enjoy it. Don't be cheap.
What should I wear? I don’t want to look like a total tourist (or, you know, the *other* kind of… tourist).
Okay, dress code. Here's the deal: It's more "dressy casual" than flip-flops-and-tank-tops. Think cute sundresses, nice shorts and a button-down, trendy tops. Pretty much anything a bit more elevated than the usual tourist fare. I wore a flowy maxi dress (because I was feeling fabulous that day, let's be honest), and Sarah wore a cute top and some tailored shorts. We felt great! But honestly? Just be yourself. If you feel good, you'll look good. Confidence is the best accessory. And, for the love of all things holy, wear comfortable shoes! You'll be doing a lot of standing and potential dancing.
Is it hard to get in? Reservations needed?
Yes, it can be. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended, especially if you want a good spot. We made ours a week in advance and STILL had to wait a little while to get a table with the prime view. Seriously, book ahead. Don't show up expecting to just walk in on a Saturday night and get a prime seat. You'll get stuck at the back, staring at the air conditioning unit. And believe me, that's not the Instagram-worthy experience you're after.
Are there any downsides? Anything you hated?
Okay, look, nothing's perfect. The music, sometimes, gets a little… repetitive. And, I'll be honest, getting a server’s attention can be a bit of a challenge when it's super busy. I spent a solid 15 minutes waving like a maniac before a poor waiter finally noticed me. And, okay, the prices, as we mentioned, are a bit… steep. But honestly? Those are minor quibbles. The view largely makes up for it. And the people-watching is truly excellent. So, overall, I'd say it's a win.
Should I go to 14Loft? Really, is it worth it?
Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, yes. Go. Even if you're a cynical old soul like me, just go. Take a deep breath, prepare for some Instagram drama (or just pretend you're not judging everyone, I won't tell). Embrace the magic, soak in the views, have a cocktail (or three). You won't regret it. Unless, of course, you forget to make a reservation. Then, well… you might. Just go. Seriously. GO!
Okay, okay, you've convinced me. But the line! How long do I have to wait?!
The line… ah, the line. It varies. Weekends? Forget about it. Be prepared to stand for a while, especially if you don't have a reservation. Even with one, you might be waiting. I witnessed a full-on meltdown once when someone was told they had to wait. I think they were wearing the wrong shoes. The key? Patience,Comfort Inn

