
Troy University Area's BEST Hotel? (Quality Inn Review!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of the Quality Inn near Troy University, and let me tell you, it's not always a smooth ride. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-polished hotel review – this is the raw, unfiltered truth, with a healthy dose of my own brand of chaotic energy.
The Accessibility Gauntlet: (Mostly) Passed!
Alright, let’s get the accessibility stuff out the way first. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I appreciate a good setup for everyone, and the Quality Inn seems to make an effort. Accessibility: Yes! They claim to have facilities for disabled guests, which is what you want to hear. Elevator: Hallelujah! That's a win for anyone lugging luggage (or who just doesn't want to climb stairs). CCTV in common areas: Always a good sign for safety. CCTV outside property: Double win! We'll go back to security later.
The Internet Abyss: (Mostly) Survived!
Internet access - wireless: Okay, so the website screams "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and that's a huge plus. I rely on the internet. Now, the quality of the Wi-Fi… well, let's just say it’s… there. You can check emails. You can probably stream something if you're patient. Don’t expect to zoom a board meeting from your bed, though. Internet access – LAN: Haha, a LAN connection! Anyone still using that? Let's be honest, it's 2024. Internet services: I did see some… whatever they were, and that included the use of a Xerox/fax in business center. Good job, those are still a thing!
Food, Glorious Food (And Maybe a Few Regrets):
Okay, the dining situation. This is where things get… interesting.
Breakfast [buffet]: They offer a breakfast buffet, which is a solid win and a lifesaver if you’re in a hurry and want to skip the fast food. And the Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant, how can you miss it?!
Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop: I needed a big cup in the morning. And now? I had a long list
Restaurants, Room service [24-hour]: I didn't try the room service, and in retrospect, I wish I had. Snack bar. It was there. But the options were minimal.
Cleanliness and Safety – The Worrying Bits and the Reassurances:
Okay, deep breath. Cleanliness is a big deal, especially post-pandemic. Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Individually-wrapped food options, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer, etc etc - I hope they actually do all the above.
Rooms sanitized between stays: this one is more of a hope than an experience.
CCTV in common areas: Very good.
Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Safety/security feature
What to Do (Besides Survive the Internet):
Here's where the Quality Inn… well, it’s not exactly a resort.
Swimming pool [outdoor]. It was open, I think.
Fitness center. I would ask myself as I got up, after a night of working on the laptop, "I'm going to go to the gym" and then I didn't.
The Room Itself – Because You Live There:
Okay, let’s talk about the room. This is where the Quality Inn really shines – by being… functional.
- Air conditioning: Phew! Alabama summers are brutal, and this was non-negotiable.
- Bathrobes: Nope. I didn't see them.
- Coffee/tea maker: This is where the day gets started.
- Blackout curtains: Awesome.
- Internet access – wireless: Again, it was good.
- Desk: Another win.
Alright, the Good, the Bad, and the Messy:
The Good:
- Clean rooms.
- Friendly staff.
- Free breakfast.
- Reasonable price.
The Bad:
- Internet can be slow.
- The decor is a bit dated.
- Gym is basic.
The Messy (AKA My Feelings):
Here's the truth: The Quality Inn near Troy University isn't going to blow your mind. But it's clean, it's reasonably priced, and the staff is genuinely friendly. It's a good place to rest your head. Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.
The Pitch (AKA The Offer):
Okay, here's the deal. Right now, the Quality Inn near Troy University is offering a special deal for all my readers! Book directly through their website using the code "TROYBOUND" and get 15% off your stay! You also get guaranteed access to a room with the slightly faster internet, which is code for "don't book that room on the top floor." Plus, you'll be supporting an honest review, which is apparently rarer than a good hotel coffee. So, if you're heading to Troy, Alabama, need a decent place to crash, and don't expect to get blown away, give the Quality Inn a shot. Just don't expect a spa day!
Unbelievable Tomasovic Crikvenica: You Won't Believe What We Found!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because THIS is how you actually plan a trip, not some pristine, robot-written travel guide. We're heading to the Quality Inn University Area in Troy, Alabama. Sounds… thrilling, right? Don't judge, sometimes you just gotta go somewhere. So, here's the honest-to-goodness, probably-slightly-chaotic plan:
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of a Chain Hotel
- 1:00 PM - ARRIVAL - The Check-In Gauntlet: Okay, truth time. I'm already picturing the check-in. Will the woman at the desk have that glazed-over "been-here-too-long" look? (Probably. It's a Quality Inn.) The lobby always smells vaguely of chlorine and regret, doesn't it? I’ll attempt a smile, probably fail. Pray for a decent room. Specifically, a room NOT overlooking the dumpster.
- Anecdote: Remember that time I tried to be "that guy" and requested a specific room at a hotel? They completely ignored me. Lesson learned: never expect anything in life, just hope for the best.
- 1:30 PM - ROOM CHECK- The Great Room Reveal: Crossing my fingers for a room that isn't haunted…or at least not visibly in the throes of a decaying soul. Inspect everything: the bedding (are there suspicious stains? OH GOD, THE STAINS!), the bathroom (shower pressure… please be decent!), and the air conditioning (essential for survival in Alabama). I will test the remote control and then immediately get distracted by the TV for like 30 minutes.
- 2:00 PM - Unpacking Slog: Ugh. Unpacking. I might just live out of my suitcase for the duration of the trip. It's the messiest, most efficient way. Pretending I’ll use those tiny shampoo bottles. I won't.
- 2:30 PM - TROUBLE - First Exploration: I'll probably wander around the hotel grounds, maybe check out the pool if it's not filled with screaming kids. I may or may not accidentally wander into the laundry room.
- 3:00 PM - TROUBLE - First Food: Local food. It will be… something. I better find a good burger, Alabama is known for delicious food.
Day 2: Diving Into Troy (and Possibly Regret)
- 9:00 AM - The Breakfast Debacle: (If there is one) The free breakfast buffet at these places is a minefield of sadness. Cereal so stale it could chip a tooth, rubbery eggs, and coffee that tastes like sadness. But hey, it's FREE. I might just grab a yogurt and run.
- 10:00 AM - The Tourist Trail (Attempt #1): Okay, let's be honest. I haven't done any real research. I'll probably Google "things to do near Troy, AL" and end up at some historical site. Pray it’s not too boring.
- Quirk: I have a habit of getting overly enthusiastic about historical plaques. I'll read every. single. word. Then forget it all five minutes later.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (and Potential Meltdown): Finding a decent lunch spot is crucial. I'm picturing myself at a greasy spoon diner, maybe a little too chatty with the waitress. (I cannot resist gossiping.)
- 1:00 PM - The Tourist Trail (Attempt #2): Back to the grind. Maybe the local museum? Or a scenic park? (If I can find one that doesn't involve more screaming kids.)
- Emotional Reaction: This is where the emotional rollercoaster begins. Is it just a boring day, or is it a really boring day? This will depend on my caffeine intake.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner and Evening Indulgences: Dinner is on the list. Then, back to the hotel, a nice hot shower, and either watch TV or read… maybe catch a movie.
- Opinion: I am so going to hate this day, and I'm 98% ok with that.
Day 3: More Exploration and the Long Road Home (or The Unexpected Gem)
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast…Again…The Sequel: Let's face it, I'm already dreaming about a decent cup of coffee. Maybe I'll sneak a bagel out of the breakfast buffet.
- 9:00 AM - The "I'm Bored, Let's Do Something Spontaneous" Phase: This is where things could get interesting. Maybe I'll drive a ridiculously long distance to see something random, like… a giant ball of twine. My mood is the most important factor here. Will I embrace the adventure or succumb to the lure of the hotel room and reality TV?
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (The Last Hurrah): One last meal in Troy. Let's hope it's memorable.
- 1:00 PM - Shopping: The last chance to visit the local shops that I missed.
- 2:00 PM - Packing Up: I'm going to leave this to the last minute because I'm lazy.
- 3:00 PM - Departure and Post-Trip Existential Crisis: Leaving. The most exciting part is finally done. I'm probably going to feel a mix of relief and vague sadness. Did I even enjoy this trip? Did I make the most of it? I'll replay everything I did.
Final Thoughts (Because We Need 'Em):
Look, this isn't a polished travel plan. It's a roadmap to my own chaotic personality and what is essentially an attempt to find some beauty in the mundane. I'm fully prepared for a mediocre trip. But hey, even the worst trips have their moments, right? Maybe, just maybe, Troy, Alabama will surprise me. Or, at the very least, the air conditioning will work.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Fiorella, Senigallia's Hidden Gem
Quality Inn near Troy University: The FAQ (Because Someone Has to!)
Okay, Seriously, Is This Place *Actually* the "Best"? The Reviews Say... Things.
Alright, let's address the elephant in the room: "Best"? Honey, "best" is a relative term, like "mildly annoyed" versus "want to chuck your phone across the room." Look, it's *a* hotel. Near Troy. And yeah, the reviews are a mixed bag. Some people practically weep with joy, claiming it's five-star luxury. Others... well, let's just say they've eloquently used the word "sketchy." My personal take? It's… *serviceable*. Think of it like that friend who always shows up late but brings the chips. You're glad they're there, but you also know you might have to cover for them a little.
One time, I arrived late. Like, *really* late. The kind of late where the front desk clerk looked like he'd lived a thousand lives, all of them involving early mornings and burnt coffee. He was super nice, though! Maybe it was the lack of sleep, but he was genuinely charming. He even, and I kid you not, *apologized* for the faint smell of… something. He blamed it on the previous guest's… pet. Let's just say the air freshener was working overtime.
The Breakfast. Oh, Sweet Baby Jesus, The Breakfast. What Is It *Really* Like?
Prepare yourself. Prepare your stomach. Breakfast is…an adventure. It's like a culinary version of a scavenger hunt. You *might* find a waffle iron that functions. You *might* find a bagel that hasn't fossilized. The coffee? Well, it's coffee. It exists. Which, after a night of questionable sleep, is sometimes all you can ask for.
I confess, one time, I went rogue. I'd built up all this anxiety about the breakfast, and when I got there, I didn't even *look*. I just walked straight to the cereal, grabbed a handful of Cocoa Puffs, and went back to my room. It was the best part of my stay. Probably speaks to the quality of said stay.
Let's Talk About the Rooms. Cleanliness… and the Bed. Details, man, details!
Okay, room time. Cleanliness? It varies. I try not to look *too* closely in the corners. Sometimes I bring my own Lysol wipes. I'm not judging; I'm just… prepared. The bed? It exists. It's a bed. Possibly. The *comfort* level is… subjective. Let's just say I've had nights where I've fantasized about sleeping on the floor. But hey, at least it's *a* bed. And look, I'm not expecting the Ritz Carlton here. I actually prefer a hotel that's a bit… *lived in* so to speak.
Once, I found a complimentary… uh… *hair tie* under the bed. Let's just say, it wasn't mine. It added a certain… *character* to the room, I guess. Anyway, it really made me question who was sleeping there before. I swear my mind went a bit of a whirlwind.
Is the Pool… a Thing? A Useable Thing?
The pool! Let's be real, this is a topic all on its own. Picture this: It's blazing hot. Sun beating down. All you want is a cold, refreshing swim to cool off. You see the sparkling blue glimmer of the pool! But then, you get there… and it has a look of its own. The pool is the stuff of legends. Sometimes it's open, sometimes it's closed. I've heard horror stories of questionable water, and the absence of a single, solitary chair. But! When it's good… it's glorious. Seriously! It's like stepping into a different world.
The best time I swam: I was there on business, completely stressed from the day. The pool beckoned. The water was, surprisingly, clean and a perfect temperature. There was a total of three other people in the pool. It was amazing. And, the worst time? A swarm of kids descended, all throwing water balloons. It was mayhem. I love kids, normally, but it was definitely NOT relaxing.
How's the WiFi, Realistically? Because, You Know…Work.
WiFi. Ah, the modern necessity. Prepare for a challenge. Often, it’s…finicky. Like a cat who only wants affection when you’re on a really important video call. I've spent more time wrestling with the WiFi than I have actually working. It's usually a matter of logging in, logging out, moving closer to the router, and repeating the process until you want to throw the laptop out the window.
Pro-tip: Go download a map of the local area, because your internet will probably cut out at the least convenient moment. Good luck with that PowerPoint presentation, by the way. I’m not saying the WiFi is designed to make you fail, but… well, it's a possibility.
Parking? Is There Parking?
Parking is generally okay. Spaces aren't quite the Grand Canyon. When it's busy, it can get a bit tight, and you might find your car strategically placed next to a dumpster. It's not ideal, but hey, at least you *have* parking, right? More than some hotels can say!
My worst parking experience? I parked for like, five minutes! Went to grab something from the car. Come back, and my car's blocked in! I had to hunt down the driver of the car. It was a whole ordeal. Never a dull moment.
The Staff. Are They Actually Nice? Or Just… Trained?
The staff? Generally speaking, they're genuinely nice. They're usually working incredibly hard. They're the unsung heroes, honestly, dealing with whatever the hotel throws their way, and doing the very best they can. Some are more enthusiastic than others, sure, but I've never had a truly *bad* experience. They might be wearing a tired smile sometimes, but yeah, they seem genuinely alright.
I especially appreciated the staff when I was super late, running on fumes with some paperwork I needed to get through.Stay Classy Hotels

