
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Hudson Resorts Chennai Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Hudson Resorts Chennai Awaits! – My Chaotic, Honest, and Maybe Slightly Over-the-Top Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the tea, the coffee, and probably a bit of my own anxiety about this whole “reviewing” thing. We’re talking about Hudson Resorts Chennai, and let me tell you, the name itself is already promising more than my bank account can actually handle. But hey, that's what reviews are for, right? To see if the hype is actually worth the hassle.
First Impressions (and Panic About Finding the Place):
Okay, so accessibility? Straight up, I’m NOT rolling in a wheelchair myself, but I did spend a solid hour with Google Maps trying to figure out where this place IS and if it’s actually… well, accessible. Thankfully, they seem to have facilities for disabled guests, and while I couldn't personally test them, that's a massive plus in my book. Elevator? Check. So, points for actually thinking about folks!
The Room - My Sanctuary or a Nightmare in Disguise?
Let's talk rooms. "Unbelievable" is a strong word, Hudson, but… well, it WAS pretty darn good. The Air conditioning? Absolutely crucial in Chennai – and it actually worked! Phew. I jumped in my room and started looking around. I could already feel a certain relief.
- Available in all rooms: Let's run through some essentials and some things that add extra charm to the room. Additional Toilet (appreciated, more than I can say), Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (who uses these anymore?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (bliss!), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea (because who wants to pay for a tea bag?), Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed (thank you, sweet merciful heavens!), Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor (okay, I'm a sucker for a view), In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar (tempting, but budget!), Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (nope, never), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed (genius!), Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella (Chennai rains, you know!), Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- Room details: The Blackout curtains were a LIFESAVER, especially after a long flight. I actually slept! AND THE BED! Oh, the Extra long bed. I'm telling you I thought I was in heaven after the initial shock of the air con kicked in. I'm rambling a little, but I'm really trying not to skip out on categories, even if they are really small, but like, you know, the devil is in the details, and the small details here were pretty damn good.
Internet Shenanigans:
"Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" Yesss! And it actually worked. I’m a sucker for reliable Wi-Fi – it's a lifeline in this digital age. I was able to surf the net! There's also Internet access – LAN which is more convenient for serious business types I guess? I have no idea what Internet services actually does, but it's probably good. The Wi-Fi in public areas was, as expected, also available and it worked!
Eating, Drinking, and Trying Not to Embarrass Myself:
Alright, let’s get to the good stuff: Food! I am a sucker for a good hotel breakfast. Hudson Resorts did not disappoint. The Breakfast [buffet] was a glorious spread, showcasing the Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. I had the Asian cuisine in restaurant which were, for the most part, amazing. Oh, and the Coffee shop, which should probably also be classed with the restaurants. I just love all the different options! There was a Buffet in restaurant, and the Happy Hour at the bar! It was all amazing.
- Dining: * Food and Beverage: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. * Safety: Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Individually-wrapped food options.
Relaxation Station (and the Great Body Scrub Incident):
Okay, here's where I really lost it. The Spa/sauna was calling my name. But first, the Swimming pool [outdoor]! It looked amazing. The pool. With a view! Now, my main goal in life is to be at peace. I also wanted a massage, to be massaged until there was nothing left of me. But… the Body scrub… I have an embarrassing story here. Let's just say my back is still tingling from the… intensely thorough exfoliation. I booked myself in for the Body wrap and the Foot bath, and I was in the most blissful state of existence! I'll never forget that body scrub.
- Relaxation: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
Cleanliness and Staying Alive (COVID-Era Edition):
Look, I’m still a bit paranoid about germs. Hudson Resorts seemed to have its act together. I saw Anti-viral cleaning products being used everywhere, and a whole bunch of other stuff that shows the effort they put in. Plus this all in the middle of a pandemic? I loved to see it.
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
Things to Do (Beyond My Existential Crisis):
Hudson Resorts is more than just a place to crash. They have Facilities for disabled guests, a Gift/souvenir shop, and the Indoor venue for special events.
- Things to do: Facilities for disabled guests, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events.
The Business Bit (Because Someone Has to):
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids (I Swear I'm Not a Kid):
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
- Security: Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, **

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! This isn't your sterile, perfectly planned travel itinerary. This is a chaotic love letter to Chennai, through the lens of Hudson Resorts, and trust me, it's going to get messy.
The Chennai Crawl (or, My Week of Glorious/Horrendous Choices)
(Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and the Sweetest Mango Lassi Ever)
- 6:00 AM: Landed at Chennai International, which, let’s just say, looks suspiciously like a giant air conditioning unit. Seriously, the AC must be on the fritz because I’m already sweating through my "I 💙 India" t-shirt. First impression: Humidity! It's a humid welcome though.
- 7:00 AM: Clutching a crumpled taxi receipt and battling the urge to nap, I’m finally at Hudson Resorts. The lobby is, well, it's a lobby. Polished marble, a few bored-looking staff members, and a vague aroma of jasmine and… something vaguely industrial.
- 7:30 AM: My room! Okay, it’s… fine. Clean enough, but the view of the car park isn't exactly postcard material. Still, the AC works! That's a win. Immediately crashed on the bed.
- 9:00 AM: Woken by a cacophony of car horns and what I think is a rooster. Jet lag is a monster, but hunger is a bigger one. Downstairs for breakfast.
- 9:30 AM: The buffet. Ah, the buffet. Dosa! Idli! A million different chutneys! And then I saw it. The shimmering, glorious, life-affirming mango lassi. I’m fairly certain it cured my jet lag, my existential dread, and maybe even a touch of cynicism. I think I had three. Maybe four. No judgment.
- 10:30 AM - Afternoon: Recovered completely, I thought. Roaming around the facility, checking out the pool, (beautiful, even if the sun is now beating down!).
- Later: I wanted to visit the beach, but couldn't drag myself out of the cool room. And the bed. And the AC. Damn, I love AC now.
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered something vaguely spicy. Regretted it immediately. Swigged water, and ate all the rice. The worst meal of my life, I still managed to finish. Sleep.
(Day 2: Culture Shock… and a Shopping Spree)
- Morning: Okay, feeling marginally less like a zombie. Decide to be a "cultured" traveler.
- 9:00 AM: Head to the local market. Oh. My. God. The colors! The smells! The sheer energy! It's a glorious assault on the senses. I get completely lost in a maze of stalls selling everything from spices in bags to silk saris. Bargaining is key! I somehow managed to haggle my way to some amazing scarves, probably overpaid because I'm a terrible bargainer!
- Noon: Find a tiny street-side cafe. The chai is STRONG. The samosas are greasy perfection. The locals are staring. Am I being judged? Probably. Do I care? Nope!
- Afternoon: Realized the sun is like a giant, angry spotlight. Retreat back to the relative cool of Hudson Resorts.
- Late Afternoon: Spent the entire evening making a big mistake. My hotel room is a mess of brightly colored fabric. I somehow managed to knock something to the floor, and find it stuck under the bed. My phone, which somehow managed to fall down there.
- Evening: The hotel's restaurant again. The food is a bit better today. Still, I just can't get past the mango lassi.
(Day 3: Temples, Teacups, and Total Sensory Overload)
- Morning: Today's mission: Explore! That means going to a real temple.
- 10:00 AM: Arrived at the Kapaleeshwarar Temple. Whoa. The intricate carvings! The vibrant colors! The sheer number of people! Honestly, it’s awe-inspiring. But also, overwhelming. I feel a bit like an awkward tourist, but then I see a little girl with a flower in her hair, and remember why I love traveling.
- Noon: Find a little chai place near the temple. The chai is STRONG.
- Afternoon: Back at the hotel, I find myself getting lost in my own thoughts.
- Evening: Decided to take a very casual stroll outside. And, well, the moment I took the first step, I immediately forgot all about whatever I'd been working on. It was like a wave of energy. I felt completely alive.
(Day 4: Beach Bliss (and a Near-Disaster)
- Morning: Finally. Finally. Going to Marina Beach. Pack sunscreen, my hat, and a whole lot of optimism.
- 10:00 AM: Arrived at Marina Beach. The sand is hot. The waves are surprisingly powerful. The vendors are relentless. I find a peaceful spot by the water and watch the waves.
- Noon: I walk to the water. The wind picks up. I get soaked. A wave knocks me over. I scream! I'm choking on salt water. A couple guys pull me up. Mortified.
- Afternoon: Retreat back to the hotel to change. But, something happened. I don't know if it was the crashing waves, or the sheer scale of the beach, or the kindness of the people who helped me but I feel like I'm experiencing something larger than myself.
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel. This time, I feel ok with it. The mango lassi also helps.
(Day 5: Spa Time, and a Lesson in Patience)
- Morning: Spa day! I'm getting a full body massage.
- Afternoon: Complete relaxation. I feel like butter.
- Evening: I try to navigate the local transport, but get completely lost. I am absolutely terrible at using public transit. I end up wandering the streets for an hour. Eventually, I get some assistance. Everyone seems so content. I feel a sense of patience, and hope.
(Day 6: Farewell Dinner and a Plea to the Universe)
- Evening: The hotel is beautiful at night. I sit with my friends, and laugh, and eat.
- Late Evening: I watch the planes fly over the Chennai sky. "Please, let me come back," I whisper.
(Day 7: Departure and a Promise)
- Morning: Another mango lassi. It's a ritual now.
- Departure: I drag my suitcase out of the hotel. I wave one last time. I will be back. I promise.
So, there you have it. My imperfect, messy, and absolutely unforgettable week in Chennai. It wasn't perfect. I got lost, got sunburnt, and had a few culinary misadventures. But it was real. It was vibrant. And it was mine. And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some more mango lassi…
Escape to Paradise: Pousada Boa Vista Awaits in Magical Tiradentes, Brazil
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Hudson Resorts Chennai Awaits! (Yeah, Right... Let's See)
Okay, so "Paradise"... Is it *really* paradise? Like, angels and harps paradise? Or... Instagram paradise?
Alright, let's be real. Angels? Harps? Probably not. Unless the staff are secretly celestial beings and I'm severely sleep-deprived. Instagram paradise? Potentially. Depends on your definition, of course. The marketing photos are... well, they're marketing photos. Think, like, a *slightly* airbrushed version of reality. I'm talking the kind of airbrushing that makes you wonder if they hired aliens to build the pool. (And the pool *is* pretty darn nice, I'll give them that.)
I went there last week, expecting a complete detox from the world, a transcendental experience. Instead, I got a sunburn, a mosquito bite the size of a small country, and a profound appreciation for the power of WiFi. So... paradise-ish? Let's go with "good enough to escape the Chennai traffic for a weekend."
Tip: Bring bug spray. Seriously. I foolishly thought, "Oh, luxury resorts have all that taken care of!" Nope. My legs looked like a map of the Amazon rainforest for four days. (And don't even get me started on the itching…)
What's the *actual* vibe of the place? Is it a total hushed-tones-with-white-linen-and-fancy-cocktails scene? Or can I actually, you know, *relax*?
Okay, this is crucial. I *hate* places where you feel like you're constantly being judged for, like, breathing too loudly. Hudson Resorts... *mostly* avoids that. There's definitely a level of "sophistication" in the air. Think stylish rather than stuffy. You could wear your expensive swimsuit, or you could wear… well, I wore my slightly faded board shorts and a t-shirt that said "I love Chennai Traffic." (Hey, it’s honest.)
The vibe is generally chill. People are there to unwind, not to pose for a Ralph Lauren ad. I saw families, couples, a few solo types glued to their phones (guilty!), and a group of what I *think* were Bollywood stars (or very convincing impersonators). You can definitely relax. Just don't expect to be doing synchronized swimming in silence. There's generally music playing – sometimes good, sometimes… less good. But mostly it’s about being away from it all.
My Pro-Tip: Request a room as far away from the "events" areas as possible. Trust me. One night I was trying to sleep and there was a DJ blasting what sounded like remixes of Bollywood elevator music...it was an experience, but not the one I was looking for at 2 AM.
The food... Is it just overpriced pasta and sad salads, or is there actually anything worth eating?
Ah, the eternal question of resort dining! Okay, here's the deal. The main restaurant is...fine. Acceptable. It's not Michelin-star worthy, but it's also not inedible. You'll find a mix of Indian and international options. The breakfast buffet is decent enough - the dosas were a definite winner, although the coffee tasted like slightly burnt water. The biryani one night? Meh. Overpriced, honestly.
But the *real* culinary gem? If you're lucky enough to snag a table... try the seafood restaurant. Seriously. Order the grilled fish. It was *divine*. I swear, I almost licked the plate. (I restrained myself. Mostly.) The flavour, the freshness... it's a completely different experience from the main buffet. That's the one bit of actual paradise I found…and I'm still dreaming of it a week later. Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The price? Let's just say it's a splurge, but worth it if you enjoy good food.. and are willing to loosen your purse strings. (Your wallet might be crying, but your taste buds will be singing.)
So, what about the rooms? Cozy and luxurious, or cramped and with a view of the air conditioner? Spill the tea!
*Deep sigh*. The rooms… are a mixed bag. I had a "deluxe" room. Emphasis on "deluxe" in the marketing materials, I'm guessing. It was… clean, which is a huge plus. The bed was comfy. The air con worked (a lifesaver considering the Chennai heat). The view, however? A partial view of the pool and a full view of the aforementioned air conditioner. And some trees. It wasn't *terrible*, but it wasn't exactly "oceanfront paradise" either. Let's just say it was a good reminder that a good room is a relative term.
I overheard someone complaining about a *much* smaller room with a blocked view, so…try to get the best room you can. Pay a little extra and upgrade to try to get a better view. It makes a difference. Look, a decent room is a pretty important part, and it can make or break your whole experience. Just don’t expect perfection. Expect functional, and try to get something with a view of something other than the air-con. The staff tried to be helpful. I’ll grant them that.
The activities! Is it just lounging by the pool all day, or are there actually things to do? I'm easily bored, so...
Okay, this depends on you. Me? I lounged by the pool. A lot. But there *are* options! There's a spa, which… I didn't try, because my budget couldn't quite stretch to the $200 per massage level. (Maybe next time!) There's a gym (did *not* try that either, I was on vacation, okay?). They have a games room. I did see some energetic people playing volleyball on the beach. There were kayaks available. And they organized a bonfire one evening. That was fun, actually. A bit cheesy, but fun. Especially because the staff were on hand making *amazing* chai and the sunset was gorgeous.
My advice? If you get bored easily, *don’t* rely on the resort to entertain you completely. Bring a book, download some podcasts, and be prepared for some self-directed relaxation. If you’re the active type, there's enough to keep you busy, but don’t expect a non-stop party. Think peaceful escape, with a *possible* side of beach volleyball. (Be warned, Indian beach volleyball is… enthusiastic. I saw a guy dive in the sand and completely miss the ball, face planting in the process. Entertaining, though!)
Final, very important tip: Download some movies or TV shows on your devices. WiFi can be spotty in various parts of the resort, and there's nothing worse than staring blankly into space when you expected to be binge-watching your favourite show.
The service. How's theHotels With Kitchenettes

