
Escape to Paradise: Bangalore's Best-Kept Secret (Our Native Village Resort)
Escape to Paradise: Our Native Village Resort - Bangalore's Best-Kept Secret… or Is It? (A Rambling, Honest Review)
Okay, so "Escape to Paradise"… that's a bold claim, right? And Our Native Village Resort? Sounds… well, earthy. I’m here to tell you, after just a few days wrestling with Bangalore’s traffic and then actually getting to Our Native Village, it mostly lives up to the hype. Mostly. Let's peel back the layers, shall we? Buckle up, because this is gonna be a long review.
Accessibility: Finding Your Zen (and Maybe a Few Stumbling Blocks)
First things first: getting there. Look, Bangalore traffic is a beast. This place isn't right in the city center, which is a huge plus for serenity, but it means a drive. Airport transfer is available, blessedly, and I highly recommend it. Car parking is plentiful, free of charge, and on-site, so that’s a win. They have car power charging station now, they really thought of everything!
Now, for the accessibility part of the review… let's call it "evolving". I noticed Facilities for disabled guests, which is promising. But my personal experience didn’t really dive deep into that, which is a shame. The elevator is definitely handy, and the staff seemed genuinely helpful, so fingers crossed they're constantly improving their accessibility. However, I’m not going to sit here and pretend I saw everything. I will say the layout is sprawling, so be prepared for some walking.
On-Site Bliss: Food, Fun, and the Occasional Mosquito Bite
Okay, this is where things get interesting. Let's talk about the good stuff first!
Food Glorious Food (and Drink!): The dining options are numerous! I’m a huge fan of a good Asian breakfast, and they delivered. The buffet at the main restaurant was a feast. The chefs at the Vegetarian restaurant are amazing, serving up the most flavourful dishes. I really appreciate the bottle of water and refillable options that they provided.
They have a poolside bar! This is essential for me. The happy hour? Even better (though I'm not sure it was every hour, as I may have dreamed. The cocktails were creative and strong. Don't miss the Coffee shop, it's a great place to start your mornings. The salad in restaurant are fresh, soup in restaurant are tasty, and the desserts in restaurant are just too good to be true. Even ordering breakfast in room was easier than most places, the variety was huge.
Things to Do (Or, Do Nothing Beautifully): This is where Our Native Village really shines. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, and the Pool with view means you'll be wanting to spend all day there. The Spa is a proper sanctuary – definitely book a Massage! They have a Body scrub (bliss), and a Body wrap (a cozy and cocooning experience), they have a proper sauna and steamroom that actually work, and a foot bath to soak your tired feet. There is also a Gym/fitness, though I was far too busy relaxing to see it.
I'm a sucker for a good terrace, and this place had several. I spent hours reading, sipping coffee, and watching the world go by. Pure. Bliss.
The Little Flaws (Because No Place is Perfect): The internet… well, the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a bit of a gamble. It was strong sometimes, then vanished into the ether. I leaned heavily on the advertised Internet access – wireless, and the few times I had to fall back on the Internet access – LAN, it was perfect. On the plus side, I was definitely forced to unplug and unwind, which, let's face it, is half the point!
Also, a few minor mosquitoes did sneak through (despite my best DEET efforts). But hey, we're in nature, right? Just part of the charm (I say, scratching a bite).
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound
This is a big one, especially nowadays. I felt incredibly safe at Our Native Village. They're serious about hygiene! I noticed the Daily disinfection in common areas, the Hand sanitizer, and the fact that Breakfast in room was a breeze due to the Individually-wrapped food options. The staff were masked up, and there were signs about health protocols. They advertise Anti-viral cleaning products, and the rooms looked spotless. There were Fire extinguisher and Smoke alarms everywhere, which really helped me relax.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Matter
Okay, let's be real – sometimes you just want someone to take care of everything. Our Native Village mostly delivers on this front.
- The Awesome: Daily housekeeping? Check! Laundry service and dry cleaning? Check! Room service [24-hour]? Glorious, especially when you want those midnight samosas! They even have a concierge who can arrange anything you need. Business facilities are available, which is good for those who need to work.
- The "Meh" (Not Really a Big Deal): There's a convenience store, but it’s small. They provide an invoice provided and offer Cash withdrawal. They also provide Meeting/banquet facilities.
Rooms: Your Cozy Sanctuary
My room? Ah, my sanctuary.
- The Good Stuff: The bed was HUGE (extra long, even!), with crisp linens and fluffy pillows. The air conditioning was a lifesaver. The bathtub was deep and perfect for soaking (I’m a bath person, okay?). Really love the blackout curtains, which are amazing after a long day. The complimentary tea and free bottled water were lovely touches. The room decorations were subtle and classy.
- The Minor Gripes: The TV channels weren't the best (but, let's be honest, I wasn't there to watch TV!).
For the Kids (and the Kid in All of us)
I don't have kids, but I saw plenty of families having a blast. They have Kids facilities and a Babysitting service.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
- The Easy Part: Car park [free of charge] is a huge bonus! Airport transfer is available. They have Taxi service.
Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Despite the minor hiccups, Our Native Village is a truly special place. It is an escape, a chance to unwind, to reconnect with nature, and to recharge your batteries.
Here's the Deal:
Are you feeling stressed? Overwhelmed? Bangalore traffic got you down? Then this is a sign. Book a stay at Our Native Village Resort now!
Why you should book now:
- Escape the City: Because sometimes, you just need to breathe.
- Unwind and Recharge: Spa treatments, delicious food, and a serene environment await.
- Safety First: They prioritize your health and wellbeing with comprehensive hygiene protocols.
Don't wait! The best deals are waiting. Book your escape to paradise today! (And tell them I sent you, maybe I'll get a discount next time!)
Escape to Royal Luxury: Celtic Hotel & Spa's Caernarfon Getaway
Okay, strap yourselves in, folks. Because this ain’t your sanitized, corporate-approved itinerary. This is my trip to Our Native Village Resort in Bangalore, and it's gonna be a glorious, messy, and hopefully hilarious ride. Buckle up.
Trip Title: Bangalore Bliss (and Possibly a Bit of Bedlam)
Day 1: Arrival - The Grand Unveiling (and Immediate Hangry-ness)
- 1:00 PM: "Arrival" at Bangalore. (God, the airport. Always a sensory overload, isn't it? The guy at the baggage carousel was wearing a t-shirt that said "I Peaked in High School" – a bold statement, my friend.) Taxi arranged (fingers crossed it doesn't smell like diesel and regret). The drive to Our Native Village: An hour and a half? Seriously? Okay, phone call to Mom, now is the time.
- 2:30 PM: FINALLY! Arrive at the resort. Okay, this is what I'm talking about. Lush greenery, those classic village-style huts, the whole shebang. They look nicer in reality than in the pictures, which hardly ever happens! But the reception… a small issue. They seem to be having some problem with my reservation. A collective deep sigh and a nervous smile.
- 3:00 PM: Sorted! (Mostly.) Room key in hand. The room? Rustic chic. A little too "rustic" in the sense that there's a tiny gecko currently sunbathing on the ceiling. "Morning, little guy," I mutter, and start unpacking. Priority one: locate snacks. I’m hangry.
- 4:00 PM: Lunch. Because the word "resort" automatically assumes good food, right? (Wrong…) Buffet. Overcooked vegetables. Chicken that may or may not have been previously acquainted with a chicken. But the naan. The naan was a glorious, pillowy masterpiece. I ate approximately half of them. No regrets.
- 5:00 PM: Resort exploration. Walk around. Check out the pool (looks inviting, but it's probably full of chlorine). Spot a peacock strutting around. Peacocks are show-offs, aren't they? They definitely know they look good.
- 6:00 PM: Yoga class (supposedly). (My body isn’t built for yoga, and the heat is melting my brain, but namaste anyway.) I'm less "zen master" and more "sweaty, wobbly, and questioning all life choices." The instructor, bless her heart, keeps smiling. I’m starting to think I'm the entertainment.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. They've got a bonfire tonight, and I am, in fact, in the mood for s'mores.
Day 2: The Deep Dive into the Details (and Maybe a Dip in the Pool)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast disaster. The usual breakfast fare is standard, but the coffee is basically hot water with a suggestion of coffee. I had to hunt down a real coffee.
- 9:00 AM: Pottery class. (This is where things get interesting. I've always fancied myself a bit of a "creative," even though my artistic skills peak at stick figures). The instructor, a wizened man with hands like a sculptor, tries to guide me. My final product looks less like a vase and more like a lumpy, misshapen…thing. He smiles politely. I'm pretty sure he's thinking "This poor soul." But honestly, it was hilarious, and I'm taking it home with pride.
- 11:00 AM: Finally! The pool! It's actually…okay. A little too many kids splashing, but the water is refreshing. I managed to read half a chapter of my book before a rogue soccer ball nearly took me out.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Slight improvement from yesterday. The dal makhani is pretty good, though the accompanying rice is a bit…gluggy. Focus on the dal.
- 2:00 PM: Ayurvedic massage. (This is what vacations are all about, right?) A full hour of being pummeled and oiled. I emerge feeling like a limp noodle, but in a good way. Worth every single rupee. My masseuse (bless her hands!) had the strength of ten men!
- 4:00 PM: Explore the village- the beauty of the farm, the animals. Meet a cow. Learn a little bit of the village spirit.
- 7:00 PM: Cultural show. (This could go either way.) Turns out, it's actually quite charming. The dancers are energetic, the music is vibrant, and I find myself actually tapping my foot. Maybe I’m starting to unwind.
- 8:30 PM: Dinner. This time, I'm determined to find the hidden culinary gems. (Turns out, it's the chaat station. Absolute. Perfection.)
Day 3: Farewell (and the lingering scent of sandalwood)
- 8:00 AM: Quick breakfast. (I learned from yesterday: coffee is a precious commodity. Find it!)
- 9:00 AM: One last stroll around the grounds. I'm actually getting attached to this messy, charming place.
- 10:00 AM: Check out. Goodbye, gecko friend! Goodbye, lumpy pottery! Goodbye, mediocre coffee!
- 11:00 AM: The airport. The drive is fine.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in the airport. I feel refreshed, but also in need of an actual coffee.
- Final Thoughts: Our Native Village was…a thing. Not perfect, not always smooth, but real. And that's exactly what I needed. The memories, the food. And that pottery class? Forever imprinted in my brain. I give it a reluctant, yet wholehearted, thumbs up.

Escape to Paradise: Our Native Village - The Real Deal FAQ
Alright, so you’re thinking about going to Our Native Village, huh? Good on ya! Prepare for… well, *something*. I’ll be honest, it's not a polished postcard-perfect experience. It's more like a slightly overgrown, wonderfully chaotic adventure. Here's the lowdown, straight from someone who's been there and survived. More than survived, actually. I’ve… *loved* it, and I’ve also wanted to strangle a goat. (The goat was fine, by the way. Just a little too… friendly.)
1. Is it REALLY a secret? Or is it just, you know, another resort?
Okay, maybe "secret" is a *slight* exaggeration. You can find it on Google Maps, after all. But… it *feels* secret. Like you've stumbled upon something the rest of Bangalore hasn’t quite cottoned on to. The drive in alone? Brutal. It’s like you're being led astray at first but then, *bam*, you're surrounded by green. It’s a world away, physically and mentally. It's not plastered all over Instagram with perfectly posed influencers (thank the heavens). It’s… low-key. Which is fantastic. Unless you’re the type who needs a perfectly crafted selfie opp every five minutes. Then, maybe, it's not your jam.
2. What IS there to DO there? I'm not a farm animal person.
Okay, so you’re more of a "Netflix and chill" type? Fine. There *is* that feeling of complete relaxation that the Native village promotes and provides, even if you're a city dweller. You can swim in the pool, which, admittedly, isn’t Olympic-sized, but it's refreshingly cool and clean. They have games. You can wander around the grounds (that goat!), read a book under a tree (bliss!), or… mostly just *be*. Honestly, that’s the biggest draw. Disconnect. De-stress. Listen to the birds (or the occasional squawk of a peacock; those guys are dramatic). They have yoga, they have a spa. They have… a certain *vibe*. Which is probably the best thing they have. They also have some great and authentic food which is a big plus!
3. The Website Says "Authentic Village Experience". Is it… corny?
Okay, FULL DISCLOSURE: Yes, there’s a *hint* of "theme park" to it. But it's done with a lot of heart. The staff are genuinely lovely. They are really good people overall and the whole experience is very accommodating. They make you feel like you are a part of their family which is so beautiful because it really enhances the experience. You actually *feel* like they care (even if they’re clearly trying to sell you something at the end). You will see things. Smell things. Hear things. And, most likely, eat things you wouldn’t normally eat. They definitely incorporate a sense of the village's culture. You'll also most likely encounter some unique and amazing cultures.
4. What about the FOOD? I'm picky.
Okay, let's be honest. This is where it *really* shines. The food is… fantastic. Honestly, the best part. It's locally sourced, mostly vegetarian (though they do have some non-veg options, they are limited). Think fresh, flavourful, and maybe a little bit spicy. They have some pretty decent options to choose from. They are quite accomodating to your needs, although i cannot stress that you need to know that they have limitations. One of my greatest experiences was enjoying the food. You *will* overeat. Prepare yourself. That's my biggest tip. I'm talking about things that you cannot get in your usual city life, that are so delicious. You'll be planning your next meal before you've even finished your current one. And the *sambhar*? Oh, the *sambhar*. *Chef's kiss*.
5. The Rooms… are they nice? Or… rustic?
Rustic. Definitely rustic. Don't expect pristine, minimalist hotel rooms. Think… charmingly simple. They are more than comfortable. They're clean, thankfully. And hey, you're not there to spend all day in your room, are you? You probably won't be *blown away*, unless you're blown away by the lack of a TV (which, in my case, was a *huge* win). They're definitely comfy and accommodating, so don't worry. There is something for everyone, but if you're the type that needs all the basic necessities then you might struggle a bit.
6. Is it good for kids?
Actually, surprisingly, yes! Kids absolutely rave about the place. They adore the freedom, the open space to run around in, and the novelty of, you know, *not* being stuck in a concrete jungle. There are games, the pool, and the general excitement of animals (the goat!). However, don’t expect high-tech entertainment. It’s about embracing the outdoors and getting a little muddy. If your kids are the “always-on-a-screen” type, it might be a hard sell, but honestly, it could be the best detox for them (and you!).
7. The Spa? Any good?
Yes, absolutely. It's a really wonderful experience. It is an excellent experience and provides a lot of options. So, if you're looking to get away, then go here. It's probably the perfect place.
8. Okay, let's be brutally honest. Any downsides?
Okay, here’s the unvarnished truth. Sometimes, the service can be a *little* slow. Not in a rude way, but in a "laid-back village pace" way. So, if you're in a hurry, or if you need things immediately, pack some patience. The road to get there? It can be a bit dodgy. I once got stuck behind a cow, andThe Stay Journey

