
Indonesian Luxury: Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya - Unforgettable Stay!
Okay, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into the opulent, slightly chaotic, and utterly captivating world of the Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya. Forget those sterile, perfectly polished hotel reviews; this is the real deal – the good, the not-so-good, and the moments that'll stick with you long after you've checked out. Prepare for my ramblings…
Indonesian Luxury: Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya - Unforgettable Stay! - The Whole Truth (and Nothing But the Truth… Mostly)
Let's be honest, when you type "luxury hotel Surabaya" into Google, you're hoping for the best, right? The Tunjungan Hotel promises an "unforgettable stay," and… deep breath…well, it's certainly memorable.
First Impressions (and a Panic Attack Over the Marble):
The lobby? Spectacular. Seriously, it's like stepping into a movie. Gigantic chandeliers, polished marble floors that could double as skating rinks (I almost took a tumble – embarrassing!), and that impossibly high ceiling… it's all very, very impressive. Accessibility? Oh, they've got elevators – praise be! Wheelchair access seems decent overall, though I didn't personally test every nook and cranny. The doorman? Impeccable. He practically materialized to open the door and whisked my luggage away before I could even blink. Already felt I had "made it"!
Checking In - The Smooth (Mostly) Operator:
Check-in was relatively smooth because of a contactless check-in - because of the virus. It was a strange feeling not needing to go directly to the front - but I appreciated the safety measures. I was able to get the essentials and got to the rooms after a little while, the staff were really nice and patient. And they got me the all-important Wi-Fi password (free in all rooms, hallelujah!).
My Room - A Fortress of Comfort (and Air Conditioning Bliss):
Okay, the room. Okay. Let's start with the good stuff: Air conditioning that actually works like a champ. Bless you, Tunjungan, for understanding that Surabaya is a furnace. Seriously, I could control it and the room looked clean.
I was in one of the non-smoking rooms (essential for me – I’m a wimp when it comes to smoke). The bed? Huge and comfortable. Blackout curtains? Yes, please! Because getting good sleep is crucial for my sanity. I also loved the in-room safe, and the mini-bar (though I somehow managed to avoid the temptation of overpriced snacks). The bathroom? Spacious (separate shower and bathtub!) and stocked with all the usual suspects, and it was all clean.
The Highs and Lows of Hotel-ing:
I'm not sure there was a "low," but more of a "this is life" moment because of the minor imperfections.
- The little things: Because a hotel is more than the room, the location, the access. I had fun, the hotel provides a lot of basic things, and I felt content.
- The Room Service Game (A Mixed Bag): I did order room service one night (because, why not?). The food? Okay, nothing terribly extravagant. I got the burger, and it was fine, but not exactly a culinary revelation. But hey, 24-hour room service? That's a win in my book. But let's be real, I was so happy for it to arrive while watching a movie.
- Things to Do, Ways to Relax – The Spa! (My Personal Paradise): If there's one thing the Tunjungan excels at, it's pampering. The spa is incredible. I treated myself to a massage (a must after a long flight) and practically melted into the massage bed. The pool with a view is spectacular, as is the sauna and the steam room. The spa is great, everything is clean.
- The Staff: Mostly Awesome: Some of the staff were just lovely – helpful, smiling, and genuinely trying to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The daily housekeeping was great, and I always had fresh towels and a neatly made bed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Fun:
- Breakfast Buffet – The Feast of Champions: Okay, this is where the Tunjungan really shines. The breakfast buffet. Oh. My. Goodness. I mean, it had everything. Asian breakfast staples, western options, fresh fruit, pastries, a whole noodle station… I went back for seconds (and thirds…). It's a food coma waiting to happen, but it's totally worth it. The coffee was strong.
- Restaurants & Bars: The hotel has several restaurants, including options for Asian cuisine, international fare, and a coffee shop for a quick caffeine fix. There's also a poolside bar, perfect for a sundowner cocktail, and "Happy Hour" which I took full advantage of.
Cleanliness and Safety - Pandemic Priorities:
The Tunjungan Hotel takes cleaning and safety seriously. They have obviously invested in training the staff on protocols, and they had individual packed foods where appropriate. Hand sanitizer was everywhere, and the staff were always wearing masks. They really made an effort, and I appreciate it.
The Stuff That Matters for the Rest of Your Life:
- Accessibility: Excellent elevators and good overall access.
- Internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a godsend. Internet access – LAN option also available.
- Services and Conveniences: Concierge, currency exchange, laundry, and more.
- For the Kids: Babysitting service, family-friendly options, and kid's meals.
- Getting Around: Car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], airport transfer and taxi service.
- Business Facilities: Meeting / banquet facilities, meeting stationery and a business center.
The Verdict:
The Tunjungan Hotel in Surabaya is a fantastic choice. It's luxurious without being stuffy, comfortable, and offers a wide range of amenities. The staff is generally friendly, and the location is a definite plus. It has its flaws (no hotel is perfect), but the good far outweighs the bad.
My Score? 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Now, the Offer - Time to Book!
Tired of Surabaya "Meh" Hotels? Crave Unforgettable Luxury?
Here's the Deal: Book your "Unforgettable Stay" at the Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya now and receive:
- A Complimentary Spa Treatment: Indulge in the relaxation you deserve. Free body scrub or body wrap
- A Welcome Drink at The Poolside Bar: Happy hours every day.
- Guaranteed Early Check-In (Subject to Availability): Because waiting isn't an option.
- Flexible Booking Options: Because plans change.
Why Choose the Tunjungan?
- Unparalleled Comfort: Luxurious rooms with all the amenities you need and more.
- Culinary Delights: A breakfast buffet that will blow your mind (and your waistband).
- Relaxation Redefined: A spa experience that will transport you to another world.
- Prime Location: Close to everything Surabaya has to offer.
- Safety First: Rigorous cleaning and safety protocols for your peace of mind.
Don't Miss Out! This offer is for a limited time only. Visit the Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya website or call us now to book your "Unforgettable Stay." Use code "SURABAYAJOY" when booking to redeem your exclusive benefits.
Book Now and Prepare to be Amazed!
Wichita's BEST Hotel? IHG's Hidden Gem Near I-?? (You WON'T Believe This!)
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-organized itinerary. This is a Surabaya adventure, Tunjungan Hotel and all, cooked up with a healthy dose of chaos, a sprinkle of regret (maybe), and a whole lotta heart (hopefully).
Surabaya, Here We Come! (Or, How I Survived a Train Station and Didn't Completely Screw Up)
Day 1: Arrival and the "Welcome to Indonesia…and Humidity!" Experience
- Morning (ish): Arrive at Juanda International Airport (SUB). Expect a wall of humidity to slap you in the face. Seriously, you could wring your clothes out within five minutes. My hair immediately transformed into a sentient puffball. That’s a bad sign for someone who takes their hair seriously.
- Transport: Taxi - Pray for a driver who understands "Tunjungan Hotel" and can navigate the Surabaya traffic labyrinth.
- First Impression: The airport…it's an airport. Nothing to write home about, unless you're obsessed with duty-free chocolate (guilty). The drive into the city? A wild ride. Scooters zipping, horns blaring, and vibrant chaos everywhere. Honestly, amazing.
- Afternoon: Check in to Tunjungan Hotel (fingers crossed they actually have my reservation!). This is where it gets real - the room! Was it a suite? A closet? The anticipation was actually killing me! Luckily, I didn't get the closet. Score! A decent room with a working AC - hallelujah!
- Anecdote: I'm pretty sure I almost lost my luggage at the check-in counter because I was too busy trying to haggle with the taxi driver about the fare. Note to self: prioritize luggage.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Explore the area around the hotel. Find some food. This is a critical mission.
- Food Adventure: Okay, so I was ridiculously hungry. The hotel recommended a warung (small local eatery) nearby. Ordered something that looked vaguely like noodles. Turns out it was Mie Goreng. Spicy. Delicious. Burn-your-face-off spicy. Worth it. Nearly cried from the heat, but the flavor was addictive. Learned a valuable lesson: Indonesians don't mess around with chili.
- Quirky Observation: The street vendors! Everywhere! Selling everything imaginable. From snacks to clothes to…well, things I couldn't even identify. Sensory overload in the best possible way. The cacophany of noise had me smiling so big I looked like a cartoon.
- Emotional Response: A slight panic attack over the unknown ingredients in the noodle dish, followed by pure, unadulterated joy at how amazing it tasted. I love food, and I love adventure.
- Evening: Exhausted. Jet lag is hitting HARD. Crawl back to the hotel room. Attempt to watch TV but fail because the remote control is a puzzle. Pass out.
Day 2: Surabaya's Soul (and My Stomach's Rebellion)
- Morning: Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet looks promising, but my stomach is still protesting the spicing of yesterday's food. Careful planning needed. Lots of water. Coffee. The essentials.
- Messy Structure: Okay, so this morning kind of imploded. The coffee tasted like burnt tires. I ate too much pineapple. The air conditioner in the room decided to stage a coup. Overall, a disaster.
- Mid-Morning: Visit the House of Sampoerna. This historic building is beautiful, like stepping back in time. The free tour was surprisingly captivating. They let you watch women hand-rolling cigarettes! A real spectacle.
- Quirky Observation: So many people were smoking! And I’m not used to that (I'm a wimp about smells). But the building itself was enchanting. I could almost imagine the ghosts of the Sampoerna family wandering the halls.
- Emotional Response: Initial mild revulsion at the sheer volume of smoke, followed by fascination with the history and the intricate craftsmanship involved in cigarette-rolling.
- Lunch: This is where I probably messed up. Tried something new – Sate Klopo (coconut-coated skewers). The smell was incredible. The taste?…well, let's just say my stomach and I are locked in a battle of wills. More water.
- Opinionated Language: Sate Klopo is definitely an acquired taste. Or, at least, I haven't acquired it yet. Let's just say it's not love at first bite.
- Afternoon: Heroes and History: Explore the Heroes Monument (Tugu Pahlawan). It was supposed to be a moving experience. It was, but mostly because I was feeling the effects of the Sate Klopo. Really, I regret that.
- Stream-of-Consciousness: Okay, I need to talk about this. I'm going to be honest. I did not enjoy this portion because the food was making me feel truly awful. Also, the heat. Sweating. Not good when you're trying to act respectful. So basically, I have no memory of how I felt, and I'm sorry.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Retreat to the hotel. Netflix and chill (literally, crank that AC!). Order room service because I'm terrified of venturing out after the Sate Klopo incident. And I’m tired. So tired.
- Humorous Anecdote: While ordering room service, I stared at the menu for a full ten minutes, paralyzed by analysis paralysis. Finally, I just pointed at something random. Hopefully, it won't involve any coconut or mystery meat.
Day 3: Retail Therapy (And Praying for a Normal Digestive System)
- Morning: Breakfast (with extreme caution). The hotel's plain toast is now my best friend. Slowly venturing back to "okay" with my stomach.
- Mid-morning: Explore Tunjungan Plaza - a major shopping mall near the hotel. The air conditioning is a welcome relief.
- Afternoon: Mall time. Lost in the sea of shops, feeling less terrible and a little bit giddy with the idea of potentially buying something I don't need.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure retail therapy bliss. Browsing, window shopping, maybe a small purchase… It's amazing what a little air conditioning and mindless consumerism can do for the spirit.
- Opinionated Language: If you are a shopaholic like me, this place is paradise.
- Late Afternoon: Back to the hotel. Start packing.
- Anecdote: Realized I'd bought way too many souvenirs. Now I'm going to have to pay extra for my luggage. Curse you, gift shops!
- Evening: Final meal. Something safe. Something familiar. Maybe a pizza.
- Final Thoughts: Surabaya, you've been…an experience. Messy, chaotic, and occasionally stomach-churning. But unforgettable. I’ll be back. And next time, I’m bringing a Pepto Bismol factory with me.
- Important Note: Don't try to do everything. Don't be afraid to change plans. Embrace the chaos. And for the love of all that is holy, bring some Tums!
Departure: Farewell, Surabaya! (Until Next Time…hopefully with a stronger constitution!)
This is just a starting point. Feel free to ditch the plans, get lost, eat some weird food, and have an adventure. Surabaya is waiting! Go out there and make some memories. Good luck!
Nera Hotels Abuja: Luxury Redefined in Nigeria's Capital
Okay, spill the tea! Is the Tunjungan Hotel Surabaya really *that* luxurious? I mean, is it worth the hype (and the price tag)?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because I'm about to get REAL. "Luxurious"? Oh honey, it's not just the *hotel* that's luxurious, it's the entire *experience*! I went last month, and honestly? I'm still dreaming about the marble floors. And the… the *pillows*. Seriously, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud made of angel feathers and pure, unadulterated joy.
Is it worth the price? Hm… that's where it gets tricky. Let's be honest, it's a splurge. My bank account whimpered a little bit. But... and this is a big BUT... the memories? The sheer pampering? The feeling of being treated like absolute royalty for a few glorious days? PRICELESS. I'd say, if you've saved up or you're celebrating something special, GO FOR IT. You deserve it.
Let's talk rooms. What's the vibe like? Are they all the same, or do different types have different feels?
Okay, room-wise, it's a whole other level of "wow." I stayed in a suite (trying to hide my credit card scar now…), and lemme tell you, it was ENORMOUS. Think: walk-in closet bigger than my first apartment. The decor is… well, it's opulent. Think polished wood, intricate carvings, and enough gold accents to make King Midas jealous. There was a little balcony overlooking the city - which was lovely the first day. On the second, a screaming toddler and a construction site blighted the view - but let's just say the soundproofing held up remarkably well.
From all the searching on sites, my suite was the Deluxe one? Apparently, other rooms... oh boy, the view can be better, the perks more incredible. I feel like I missed a ton. There are Presidential suites, I bet those are on another planet. Honestly, I never considered the view was a huge deal until I had one.
The food! Tell me about the food! I'm a foodie - is it going to blow my mind?
Oh, the food. WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?! Okay, so, first, the breakfast buffet. It’s legendary. I'm talking mountains of fresh fruit (mangos that practically *sung* to me), pastries that were so buttery and flaky I nearly wept (the chefs deserve all the awards), and every type of Indonesian delicacy you could imagine. The nasi goreng? PERFECTION. Seriously, I tried to recreate it at home and…let’s just say my kitchen is still recovering.
Dinner at the main restaurant... again, stunning, the seafood, the service was impeccable. But... and this is where I get a little picky... I ordered steak, and it was a *teensy* bit overcooked. Not catastrophically so, mind you. Almost like the kitchen was trying to see how "tough" I was... the staff was super professional and immediately offered to replace it, but I'd already had a few glasses of wine and honestly couldn't be bothered. It was still delicious, though! Don't let my one tiny complaint deter you. Generally? Expect amazing. Expect to be stuffed. Expect to be happy. And maybe, just maybe, order the fish.
What about the pool and spa? Are they worth the time?
YES. Absolutely, unequivocally YES! The pool area is a tranquil oasis from the Surabaya heat. Think shimmering blue water, plush loungers, and attentive staff who bring you iced water and cool towels without you even having to ask. And the spa? Oh my god, the spa. I had a massage that was so good, it erased all the stress of my life so far (including the whole steak situation). The ambiance is pure serenity – dim lighting, calming music, and the most skilled masseuses imaginable. I think I actually drifted off to sleep during the facial. It was THAT good. DO NOT MISS IT. Make sure to book in advance!
There was a jacuzzi, too, full of bubbles, and a sauna. I'm not much of a sauna person, I prefer water to steam, but the jacuzzi was the bomb! Seriously, go spend some time there.
Okay, I'm sold. But what's the service like? Is it pretentious or friendly?
Okay, this is important. Because sometimes, with luxury, you get stuffy. NOT AT TUNJUNGAN. The service is impeccable, but not in a pretentious way. The staff are genuinely warm, friendly, and helpful. They anticipate your needs before you even realize you have them. They remembered my coffee order after the first morning. They were incredibly patient with my terrible Indonesian (I tried!).
There was one tiny snafu – I had a slightly grumpy valet service experience. The guy looked tired and didn’t seem to care when I took my suitcase from the car out of the blue and walked away, but hey. Everyone can have a bad day, right? Overall, the service was truly fantastic; it’s what really sets Tunjungan apart. It’s attentive, personalized, and makes you feel like the most important person in the world.
Any insider tips for making the most of my stay?
Okay, listen up, because I'm about to drop some serious knowledge.
- Book in advance, especially for the spa. Seriously, don't be like me and miss out on the full experience because you left it to the last minute.
- Ask about special packages. They often have amazing deals that include meals, spa treatments, and other perks. (I regret not doing this)
- Explore the surrounding area. Tunjungan is in a great location. Don't be afraid to wander around and discover the local culture. (Just watch out for the traffic.)
- Don't be afraid to ask for anything. The staff are there to make your stay perfect, so use them!
- Take lots of pictures. You'll want to remember this. (I took about a million.)
- Most importantly: RELAX AND ENJOY! Seriously, leave your worries at the door and soak it all in. You deserve it.
Are there any downsides? Anything I should be aware of before I book?
Okay, real talk time. The main downside? The price (a little, even though I said it was worth it). But hey, that's luxury for you!
And, the hotel is in a busy part of Surabaya – traffic can be a nightmare getting in and out. Also, if you're not a fan of crowds, the pool area can get a bit lively during peak hours. And, as mentionedHotel Finder Reviews

