Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort, Varkala, India Awaits!

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort, Varkala, India Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort - A Raw & Real Review (with SEO, of Course!)

Alright, here we go! Buckle up, because my review of Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort in Varkala, India isn’t going to be a neatly packaged brochure. This is the real deal, the messy, the beautiful, and sometimes, the slightly annoying truth about a stay at this place. And yes, I’ll try to sprinkle in those juicy SEO keywords so you can actually find this review. 😉

First Impressions & Accessibility (The Good & The "Meh")

Landing in Varkala, the air itself seems to vibrate with a different kind of energy. It's thick with the scent of the ocean, spices, and, of course, the potential for a truly unforgettable vacation. Sanctum Spring Beach Resort promises to be that escape, and honestly, the initial vibe is pretty solid. The entrance is… well, it's there! Shrugs.

Accessibility: Now, here’s where things get a little… nuanced. Wheelchair accessibility? Officially listed. Realistically? I wouldn't bet my lunch on it necessarily. While they probably have some rooms listed for accessibility, the terrain around the resort is what it is: hilly, uneven, and generally not super friendly for wheelchairs. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, so maybe they've got some rooms kitted out, but do your homework and ask specifically before booking. That's my honest advice. Speaking of homework, Airport transfer is available, which is a huge plus after a long flight.

Speaking of Flights and Wi-Fi: Thank goodness for Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet access – wireless, because let’s face it, we’re all addicted (me included!). The signal was mostly good, but occasionally dropped… a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. Internet [LAN] is also listed - which is cool for the old-schoolers, but let's be honest, who's plugging in these days? Internet services are available too, so that's good!

Rooms & Comfort: Your Temporary Sanctuary

The rooms? Clean. Very important. The Daily housekeeping definitely earns its keep. I'm a big fan of the Air conditioning, the Blackout curtains, and the Soundproof rooms. You need these to sleep, trust me! The Air conditioning in public areas is also a welcome relief. The Bathrobes, Slippers, and Toiletries are a nice touch. They’ve got Free bottled water and a Coffee/tea maker – essential fuel for any vacation. Complimentary tea, even better. A Refrigerator is always useful. My room had a Balcony with an amazing view.

I particularly loved having a Seating area to chill out. I spent a LOT of time in there, drinking tea and watching the waves (which I could also see because of the Window that opens). They seem to have thought of everything, including a Laptop workspace. I even found a Mirror in my room and a Reading light. The Non-smoking rooms are standard, so if you’re a smoker, be prepared to head outside. .

The "Sanctum" - Relaxation & Rejuvenation (Spa Time!)

Okay, let's talk relaxation. This is where Sanctum REALLY shines.

The Pool with a View: Ah, the pool. Spectacular. Truly. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is the heart of the resort. I’m a sucker for a pool, and this one is seriously Instagrammable. The Poolside bar is a lifesaver for those scorching afternoons. I found myself spending hours just splashing around, sipping on a fruity cocktail, and watching the world go by. It’s the perfect way to unwind.

Spa & Wellness: My Personal Paradise I didn't just go to the pool… I went all in! The resort has a full Spa where I took advantage of just about everything on offer. The Massage was divine – I mean, seriously, I nearly melted into the massage table. My stiff shoulders and back knots finally relaxed! The Body scrub and Body wrap were also incredible. Afterward, I wandered into the Sauna and Steamroom, which was a perfect way to wind down. They even had foot baths! Seriously, if you're stressed or just want a treat, you need the spa.

Other Ways to Unwind: Besides Spa, I enjoyed the Fitness center. They have a decent Gym/fitness for a beach resort. There is a terrace where I enjoyed the sunset. They also provide Safe dining setup, so that's really convenient.

Food, Glorious Food (And Some Minor Gripes)

Dining, drinking, and snacking is where Sanctum Spring Beach Resort comes into its own, in my opinion. They have Restaurants, a Bar, a Snack bar, and even Room service [24-hour]. Total win!

The Buffet: The Breakfast [buffet] offers a decent spread, from Asian breakfast to Western breakfast. There are the usual suspects plus some local specialties. Coffee/tea in restaurant is available. A la carte in restaurant is also a good option if your looking for something different. Alternative meal arrangement is available!

Specific Food Experiences: Here's a slightly messy, honest account: On my first night, I opted for the International cuisine in restaurant. The food was delicious! But the service? Let’s just say there were a few "lost in translation" moments with the waitstaff. Overall, I think the food is pretty good but they could dial up the consistency in quality.

Cleanliness, Safety & Peace of Mind

In the current climate, Cleanliness and safety are paramount. I was happy to see a lot of measures in place. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays are all reassuring. They have Hand sanitizer readily available. They also have things like First aid kit and a Doctor/nurse on call, just in case.

I was impressed by the Staff trained in safety protocol. They also use Sterilizing equipment. Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items are also in place.

Services & Conveniences (The Small Stuff That Matters)

  • Convenience store: Always useful for snacks, sunscreen, etc.
  • Laundry service: Lifesaver, especially if you're travelling light.
  • Luggage storage: Essential for early arrivals/late departures.
  • Cash withdrawal: Handy!
  • Concierge: Available to assist!
  • Daily housekeeping – thank goodness!
  • Hotel chain: I didn't see any information about the chain.
  • Taxi service: Easy to arrange.
  • Invoice provided: Good for business travellers!

For the Kids & Family

Family/child friendly is listed, and they have Kids facilities. They have a Babysitting service.

Things to Do (Beyond the Beach!)

  • Things to do will vary depending on your interests, but Varkala itself has lots to offer. The beach is gorgeous, of course.
  • Shrine: There's a shrine – a good way to experience local culture.
  • Exterior corridor: I didn't see any exterior corridors.
  • Proposal spot: Well, I didn't propose, but I could see it being romantic!
  • Room decorations: I didn't see any decorations.
  • Smoking area: They have a designated smoking area.

Getting Around

  • Car park [free of charge].
  • Car park [on-site].
  • Airport transfer.

The Quirks & Annoyances (Because Life Isn't Perfect)

  • Limited vegetarian options: This is more of a general India thing, but if you're a dedicated vegetarian, make sure to specify your needs.
  • Service, service, service: The staff were generally friendly, but sometimes service was a little slow.

The Verdict & My Unsolicited Advice

Sanctum Spring Beach Resort is a fantastic option for a relaxing beach vacation. It has a lot going for it: stunning views, a great pool and spa, comfortable rooms, and a good location. It's not perfect, mind you. But that’s part of its charm.

Final Words & a Compelling Offer (For SEO, and You!)

Are you dreaming of an Escape to Paradise? Do you crave the serenity of Varkala Beach? Then book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort today!

Here's what to expect:

  • Proximity to the Beach & other attractions: You can take the Taxi service and get to other places.
  • Unwind your mind: Come to the Spa.
  • Make your holiday memorable: The Outdoor venue for special events.
  • Good food: Try Desserts in restaurant.
  • Cleanliness: The **
Bali Dream Home: 3BR Garden Paradise (IR31)

Book Now

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. Because this ain’t your momma’s perfectly polished travel itinerary. This is my trip to The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort in Varkala, India, and it’s gonna be… well, it’s gonna be something. Consider this a journal entry meets a slightly panicked travel guide. Let the chaos begin!

Varkala Vibe Check: The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort & Me, Because Why Not?

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Sun-Drying Incident (aka, Jet Lag Wins)

  • 8:00 AM (ish) – Arrive at Trivandrum International Airport. Okay, let's be honest, more like stumbling out of the airport. Two connecting flights and a night of zero sleep. My brain is currently operating at about 20% capacity. First impressions? Everyone moves with such grace! I, on the other hand, feel like a slightly bewildered flamingo.
  • 9:30 AM – Taxi ride to The Sanctum. The drive is a blurry kaleidoscope of vibrant colours, honking horns, and the faint scent of something delicious that’s definitely not airport food. I think I'm seeing palm trees. Maybe.
  • 11:00 AM – Check-in. The resort is… stunning. Seriously, the pictures don’t do it justice. Lush greenery, infinity pool, the ocean! I try to be cool, but inside I'm doing a tiny, slightly hysterical happy dance.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch at the resort restaurant. Order. Eat. Fall asleep with my mouth halfway full of delicious Kerala fish curry. Damn you, jet lag!
  • 2:00 PM – This is where things get interesting. Or, as I like to call it, the Great Sun-Drying Incident. Decided to bask in the sun by the pool. Naive, I know. I thought I had sunscreen on. I'm now the colour of a slightly overcooked lobster. My shoulders are screaming, and I suspect my skin is plotting a mutiny. Lesson learned: Apply. More. Sunscreen. Regularly. (And maybe hire someone to do it for me.)
  • 6:00 PM – Attempt to shower. It hurts. Everything hurts.
  • 7:00 PM – Dinner. I choose a meal less spicy, and eat it slowly. Thinking: maybe the sunburn will fade overnight? Hoping. Praying.
  • 8:00 PM – Bed. Out like a light. Pray for a cooler tomorrow.

Day 2: The Cliffside Craze & The Coconut Water Catharsis

  • 8:00 AM (ish) – Wake-up. Still pink. Sigh. Breakfast overlooking the ocean (that really takes the edge off). This view is everything.
  • 9:30 AM – Explore Varkala Cliff. Okay, wow. This place is seriously packed. It’s a vibrant, chaotic mix of shops, cafes, yoga studios, and people of all shapes, sizes, and levels of serenity. Witnessing a yoga class – the instructor is impossibly bendy, while the students look like they’re trying to survive an earthquake. I giggle, secretly proud I remembered to bring water.
  • 10:30 AM – The mandatory souvenir shop scramble. Ended up buying a ridiculous, totally impractical scarf that I’ll probably wear once. Also, a tiny Ganesh statue because, India. Feel like I've already spent half my budget.
  • 12:00 PM – Lunch at a cliffside café. Trying to avoid food that’s going to set my mouth ablaze. The sea breeze is saving me from the heat.
  • 1:30 PM – The Coconut Water Catharsis. Wandered into a little shack and ordered fresh coconut water. Pure bliss! The heat, the pink skin, the jetlag – all slightly mitigated by that sweet, refreshing liquid. I swear, I could feel my soul rehydrating.
  • 3:00 PM – Beach time! Finally. The waves are incredible. The sand… well, it's more like fine, warm gold dust. Dipped in… maybe going to get a real swim later.
  • 4:00 PM – Almost made it to the water. My phone went for a swim. I'm doing everything I can to cope. Praying to the tech gods.
  • 7:00 PM – Dinner. A little better to the sunburn. Still not great (but the amazing chef's food is holding me), but making progress. Thinking a relaxing swim in the pool later to "suck the heat out".
  • 8:00 PM – Bed. Trying to remain positive.

Day 3: Ayurvedic Adventures & the Bliss of Doing Absolutely Nothing

  • 9:00 AM – Breakfast at the resort. The view is everything.
  • 10:00 AM – The Ayurvedic Spa awaits. Honestly, I was a little nervous. The idea of strangers slathering me in oil… but it turned out to be a deeply, profoundly, ridiculously relaxing experience. Had the Shirodhara treatment: warm oil poured on my forehead, and honestly, it was like my brain finally said, "Ah, yes. This is what peace feels like." I almost fell asleep right there.
  • 12:00 PM – Back in my room to think about my thoughts.
  • 1:00 PM – Lunch. More delicious food.
  • 2:00 PM – The Bliss of Doing Absolutely Nothing. Yes, you read that right. This is the main event. This is what I came for. Sat on my balcony, staring at the ocean, listening to the waves, with a book I'll never finish. I don't think I've ever felt such a profound sense of… well, not feeling anything, in the best possible way. Truly letting go.
  • 7:00 PM – Dinner. Had a very pleasant conversation with a couple from Switzerland. They shared their life stories. It was very heartwarming.
  • 8:00 PM – Bed. Content.

Day 4: Varkala's Grand Finale & Departure (with hopefully, less sunburn)

  • 8:00 AM – Breakfast, one last time. This is the view I'll miss the most.
  • 9:00 AM – One last wander on the beach. A heartfelt goodbye to the waves.
  • 10:00 AM – Check out.
  • 11:00 AM – Taxi to the airport, filled with a weird mix of sadness and excitement. Sadness that I'm leaving this oasis, excitement for… getting back home?
  • 1:00 PM – Flight…

Final Thoughts (or, Ramblings of a Slightly Sunburnt Soul)

Okay, Varkala. You were… intense. You were chaotic. You were beautiful, and delicious, and occasionally, quite painful (thanks, sun!). There were moments of pure bliss, moments of near-panic (thanks, phone!). But I think, despite the sunburn and the jet lag, I needed this. The chance to get lost, to slow down, to say "yes" more often. This place has gotten under my skin. I will absolutely be back, with more sunscreen, and maybe an emergency phone case. Thank you, Sanctum Spring Beach Resort, for the memories, the food, and the opportunity to completely, utterly, and gloriously do nothing for a few days. And thank you, Varkala, for being wonderfully, messily you.

(P.S. – My skin is, at long last, starting to peel. It's fine. I'm fine. This is fine.)

Bibione Beach Bliss: Your Dream Swim & Stay Awaits at Beahost Rentals!

Book Now

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

Escape to Paradise: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort, Varkala, India - FAQ (with a little bit of me!)

Okay, so, Varkala... Is it *really* paradise? Or just another Instagram trap?

Alright, let's be real. "Paradise" is a high bar, right? Like, am I expecting unicorns and endless margaritas? (Although, the margaritas *would* be nice...) Varkala, and Sanctum Spring Beach Resort specifically? Definitely leans towards paradise. But it's not perfect. And thank GOD for that! Because perfect is boring. The cliffside views? Breathtaking. I swear I spent half my time just staring out at the Arabian Sea, feeling totally insignificant in the best possible way. The sunsets? They were a religious experience. Seriously, I almost cried a few times. (Don't judge me, the light was *magical*!) The *potential* Instagram trap? Oh, it's there. The place is gorgeous. You *will* want to photograph everything. But... and this is a big but... it doesn't *feel* fake. It feels real. Maybe it's the salt on your skin, the constant sound of the waves, the friendly faces of the staff… It felt a million miles away from my life back home where my biggest worry was running out of coffee. Actually, I *did* run out of coffee one morning and almost lost it. Good thing there was an amazing coffee shop right on the beach!

What's the vibe at Sanctum Spring Beach Resort? Is it a party place, or more chill? And what about the food?!

Chill. Utterly, gloriously chill. Picture this: you're sprawled on a sunbed, the sun is warm on your skin, the sound of the waves is lulling you into a peaceful slumber… Okay, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. But it's *close*. There's no pumping dance music blasting until dawn. Thank. God. (My ears and my soul are forever grateful.) The food! Oh, the food… Okay, let's be honest. I'm a picky eater. A VERY picky eater. I also suffer from something I like to call "FOMO for Food." (Fear Of Missing Out). The resort restaurant had a fantastic selection. Like, seriously, I ate way too much. Breakfast? Fresh coconut water, delicious fruit, and pancakes that were fluffy perfection. I could write a whole essay about the pancakes. Actually, thinking about it, maybe I *will*… Some days the service at the restaurant was a little slow. Patience is key. And it’s a good chance to just watch people.

The rooms... tell me about the rooms! Were they clean? Comfy? Did you feel like you were in a cockroach-condo? (Asking for a friend... and myself.)

Okay, the rooms! First off, they were clean. A HUGE win. Like, I'm a clean freak. I brought a bottle of Clorox wipes. (Judge me. I don't care.) The bed was comfy. The air conditioning worked (THANK YOU, LORD). And no cockroach-condos! Hallelujah! I stayed in a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. Worth. Every. Single. Penny. Seriously. Waking up and seeing that view? Pure bliss. There were a few tiny little ants that sometimes came to visit, the cleaning staff promptly took care of that. The only downside? Well, sometimes the wifi was… let's just say “temperamental.” But, honestly, that was a blessing in disguise. It forced me to disconnect and *actually* relax. (Which, you know, is the whole point of a vacation, right?)

What is there to do NEAR the resort? I don’t want to be stuck in a bubble!

Okay, so here's the deal: Sanctum Spring Beach Resort is right ON the beach. That's a major win. You can literally roll out of bed and be on the sand. But yes, you can also leave! Varkala offers tons of options. * **The Cliff Walk:** You've gotta do it. It’s the main drag. Restaurants, shops, more restaurants… The vibe is vibrant. * **The Beach:** Not just the one at the resort. There are gorgeous little coves to explore. * **Yoga:** If you’re into it. I tried a class. It was… an experience. I spent most of it trying not to fall over.

Okay, okay, the *really* important questions. How was the service staff? Were they friendly? Helpful? Grumpy? (Gimme the tea!)

The staff? Amazing. Seriously. So helpful and accommodating. They were always smiling, always willing to help with anything. They made the whole experience even better, particularly one gentleman who always greeted me with a smile. The smiles were genuinely warm. And after my coffee incident, I especially appreciated their patience with my frantic requests. There was a small miscommunication regarding a taxi pick up once, it was quickly sorted out by the staff. They do genuinely care about making sure you have a good time.

Anything I should be aware of BEFORE I go? Any insider tips?

* **Pack light,** you're probably going to buy some clothes! * **Bring mosquito repellent.** Seriously. Those little vampires are relentless. * **Learn a few basic Hindi phrases.** They'll appreciate it. Even "Namaste" goes a long way. * **Be prepared to haggle.** * **Don't be afraid to try the street food.** It's usually delicious, but be careful about where you eat it. Use your head! * **Embrace the chaos!** India is a sensory overload, but it's also incredibly beautiful. Let go of your expectations and just go with the flow. * **Coffee!** If you're like me, be prepared to hunt for a good cup. The coffee situation is more often than not: strong. And most important? Go with an open mind. Be patient. And be willing to let go of your usual routines. It's an experience. And it's one you won't soon forget, even if you find yourself cursing at ants.

Would you go back? (And if so, when can I join you?!)

Absolutely. Without a doubt. And honestly? Probably sooner rather than later. When can you join me? Well, I'm already planning my return. Book your flight NOW! We'll need to get a room with a view, and we will need to try every pancake ON THE MENU. We'll have serious conversations about the sunsets, and we will giggle about the ants. And we'll try to remember that we're on vacation. It's a date.
Unique Hotel Finds

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India

The Sanctum Spring Beach Resort Varkala India