Escape to Paradise: Bon Bini Resort's Curacao Oasis Awaits!

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Escape to Paradise: Bon Bini Resort's Curacao Oasis Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Bon Bini Resort - My Curacao Confessions (and a Few Rants)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Curacao, and I'm still trying to untangle my thoughts and my tan lines. We're talking about Bon Bini Resort, that "Curacao Oasis Awaits!" joint. And you know what? "Oasis" isn't a total lie. Let's be real, the island itself is an oasis. But the resort? Well, let's dive in, shall we? This isn't your typical sterile, perfectly-SEO'd review. This is the raw, unfiltered truth, sprinkled with a little sunshine and a side of "did-I-leave-my-keys-in-the-room" brain fog.

First Impressions & Getting There (Accessibility, Getting Around, Luggage Storage, and the Initial Shivers of Anticipation):

Okay, so first things first: getting to Bon Bini. The airport transfer was a breeze – smooth, efficient, and mercifully air-conditioned after the blast furnace that is the Curacao airport. This is crucial for me because I'm an absolute wimp when it comes to heat. Speaking of which, airport transfer? Yes, they have it, which is brilliant, especially after a long flight. Car park [free of charge] is a massive plus – no fumbling for change or the stress of finding street parking. Car park [on-site]? Also there - more secure than the street, and a must-have.

Accessibility wasn't perfect mind you – some of the paths were a little uneven, a bit of a bummer if you need Facilities for disabled guests. The elevator was a godsend, though. Thank goodness for that! It's not the super-sleek, ultra-modern type, but it serves its purpose. Luggage storage? Yep, they got you covered. After all the stress of flying you won't worry.

Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Mini-Bar (or, My Quest for the Perfect Pillow):

My room? Oh, the room. Let's be honest. I spend most of my time out and about, But it's the Air conditioning was a life-saver, especially after a day baking on the beach. Blackout curtains? Yes! Slept soundly. Free bottled water? Much appreciated, hydration is key, people! And the Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms? A must-have. Sadly, my connection was dodgy at times (more on that later, Mr. Wi-Fi). Alarm clock? Check. Hair dryer? Check. Ironing facilities? Check. In-room safe box? Always a plus. Mini bar? Now we're talking! Though, let's just say the prices made me wince. And that bloody bathtub, I struggled to get in and out. In the end I opted for the shower.

But here’s my biggest gripe: the pillows. Honestly. I’m a pillow snob. I need the cloud-like, head-sinking bliss. The ones at Bon Bini were…well, they were pillows. Adequate, sure, but not pillow-porn worthy. Maybe I should've brought my own. Lesson learned.

Cleanliness & Safety - Because Let's Face It, We're All a Little Germophobic Now:

Okay, here's where Bon Bini earns some serious brownie points. Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely. Daily disinfection in common areas? You betcha. They were serious about hygiene, and it showed. There was hand sanitizer everywhere, which made my germ-obsessed heart sing. Anti-viral cleaning products? Likely, I feel extra safe. They even had individually-wrapped food options at the breakfast buffet, which was reassuring. The staff was also trained in safety protocol. So, top marks for feeling protected. This Safe dining setup was awesome. Plus, the First aid kit was visible, just in case. I felt secure. No complaints whatsoever.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food, Glorious Food (and My Personal Quest for the Perfect Breakfast):

Alright, let's talk food. This is where things get…interesting. Breakfast [buffet] was included and, like most buffets, a bit of a mixed bag. They offered a Western breakfast, and an Asian breakfast, offering a nice variety. Coffee/tea in restaurant was good, but I found a Coffee shop offsite. The Breakfast takeaway service was a nice touch for those early excursions. The Restaurants were good, and they were always offering Bottle of water.

I did get a bit fixated on finding the absolute perfect breakfast. My daily ritual involved strategically navigating the buffet, searching for the holy grail of fluffy scrambled eggs and crispy bacon. One morning, I may or may not have snagged an extra piece of bacon "for later." Don't judge me!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - (Spa Day Disaster & the Pool with a View):

Okay, let's talk relaxation for a moment. Bon Bini boasts a Pool with view, and let me tell you, it's stunning. The views are breathtaking, especially at sunset. I spent hours lounging there, sipping cocktails and pretending I was a glamorous travel blogger (spoiler alert: I'm not). The Swimming pool [outdoor] was also a great spot to cool down in.

Now, the spa. Oh, the spa. I went for a Body scrub, picturing myself emerging silky-smooth and renewed. Instead, I ended up with a slightly irritated skin and a face full of…well, let's just say it wasn't the most relaxing experience. Maybe I chose the wrong scrub. Or maybe I have sensitive skin. Either way, lesson learned: always check the ingredients. Massage are amazing, but I avoided one. I was also thinking of sauna and Spa/sauna!

For the Kids & More - (A Slight Detour into Family-Friendliness):

Although I traveled solo, I couldn't help but notice Bon Bini's family-friendly vibe. They have Babysitting service? Sweet! Family/child friendly? Absolutely. It's a great place for kids. The kids' pool was bustling. They have Kids facilities? Excellent.

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Difference:

Front desk [24-hour]? Always a plus. Daily housekeeping? My room was sparkling clean every day. Concierge? Super helpful with recommendations. Cashless payment service? Modern and convenient. Laundry service? I didn't use it, but it's there. So. Many. Good. Things.

The Imperfections & The Quirks (Because Nothing is Perfect):

Okay, let's get real. Bon Bini isn't perfect. The Wi-Fi, as I mentioned, was a bit spotty at times. The spa experience wasn't exactly a highlight. And the sheer number of tourists could be overwhelming during peak hours. However, despite the little hiccups, Bon Bini is generally good.

The Emotional Verdict (and Why You Should Book This Thing):

Look, Curacao is amazing. And Bon Bini Resort, even with its quirks, is a great home base for exploring this Caribbean gem. It's clean, safe, and well-located. The staff are friendly, and the pool is truly spectacular.

Here's My Opinion:

For Whom is it suitable:

  • Solo travelers seeking relaxation and adventure: Bon Bini offers a perfect blend of relaxation and proximity to attractions.
  • Couples looking for a romantic getaway: With its stunning views and spa services, the resort offers a romantic escape.
  • Families seeking a fun-filled vacation: With its kids' facilities and family-friendly atmosphere, Bon Bini caters to all ages.

Is it for you?

  • You prioritize cleanliness and safety: The resort's stringent hygiene protocols will give you peace of mind.
  • You enjoy stunning views and a relaxing pool: The pool with a view is a true highlight.
  • You don't mind a few minor imperfections: No resort is perfect, but Bon Bini's positives far outweigh any drawbacks.

Here’s My Recommendation

Bon Bini Resort is a fantastic choice for a Curacao getaway. Book now and prepare to be enchanted by the beauty of the island and the comfort of this wonderful resort!

Now, go forth and book!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Golden Peacock, Haridwar Awaits!

Book Now

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my chaos-fueled adventure at Bon Bini Resort in Curaçao. This isn't your perfectly polished Instagram itinerary, folks. This is the real, messy, sunburnt truth. And believe me, it's a wild ride.

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Doubts at the Pool

  • Morning (Around 7:00 AM, but who's counting?): Ugh, the airport. You know the drill. Delayed flight, tiny airplane pretzels that taste like sadness, and the overwhelming urge to strangle the guy who keeps mansplaining the overhead bin etiquette. But hey, we made it! Curaçao! (Insert a very enthusiastic, slightly manic YES!)

  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM: The Curse of Booking Through an Agency): Finally, at Bon Bini! It’s…cute. Okay, it's actually charming. Pastel-colored buildings! A pool that looks suspiciously inviting! But… the check-in took FOREVER. Our supposed "ocean view" room clearly just overlooks the parking lot. Sigh. You win some, you lose some. And in the travel game, I seem to be losing a lot lately.

  • Lunch (12:00 PM: The Chicken & Fries Crisis): Found a little shack down the street with some "local" options. Tried to be adventurous and order something that sounded authentically Curaçaoan. Ended up with chicken and fries, which, to be fair, was glorious. But the fries… Oh, the fries. They were so good, so crispy, so perfectly salty… I may have blacked out for a minute. Afterwards, I was staring at the pool with the profound realization that I had forgotten my swimsuit (WHY?!?!)

  • Afternoon (2:00 PM: The Pool Conundrum): So, I'm sitting by the pool, fully dressed in my travel clothes, watching everyone else live their best life in swimwear. This is my self-inflicted punishment. I am now contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and whether or not I can get away with wearing my underwear as a swimsuit. Decisions, decisions. I think I'll just stay put, and quietly judge everyone else in their perfect, perfectly-fitting swimsuits.

  • Evening (6:00 PM: Sunset, and a Slight Panic Attack): Sunset over the water is stunning, but I'm now hyper-aware of the fact that I have nothing planned for dinner. Panic sets in. This always happens when I travel. I need a plan, or I will literally wither and die of indecision. I've convinced myself that I'll be stuck in the resort's restaurant… which, by the way, has a romantic, soft glow, an obvious attempt to manipulate me into thinking I'm in a Nicholas Sparks movie.

  • Evening (8:00 PM: The Restaurant Revelation): Fine. I give in. The shrimp scampi is actually pretty damn good. And the wine? Smooth. Maybe the resort life isn't so bad after all. I'm starting to understand the appeal of a little, simple… (I'm getting sleepy… zzzzz…)

Day 2: Willemstad Wonders & the Curse of the Sunburn

  • Morning (9:00 AM: The Pain of Sunburn): Oh, the horror. Remember yesterday's pool-side existential crisis? Well, the sun clearly took pity on me and decided to remind me of my pasty, indoor-dwelling lifestyle. I'm now a shade of lobster-red that would make a clown blush. Applying aloe vera feels like a personal attack.

  • Morning (10:00 AM: Willemstad & the Rainbow City): Despite the agony, I drag my throbbing self to Willemstad. The UNESCO World Heritage site is like a postcard come to life. Those colorful buildings along the water are simply insane. Took a hundred photos. Okay, more like five hundred. I'm pretty sure my phone is now 90% Willemstad.

  • Lunch (1:00 PM: The Spicy Food Fiasco): Found a little place in the Punda district (the cutest part) with some local dishes. Curry goat? Yes, please! I'm a culinary adventurer… or so I thought. Turns out, Curaçaoan spice has no mercy. My tongue's on fire. My eyes are watering. I’m probably regretting my decision to take the "adventurous" route, but the flavor? Unforgettable. I hate it, I love it, I’m going to drink a gallon of water.

  • Afternoon (3:00 PM: The Floating Market & Tropical Fruit Frenzy): Stumbled upon the floating market. A sensory overload in the best way! Boats laden with fresh produce. The smell of mangoes alone could cure any ailment. Bought a coconut. Failed miserably at opening it. Gave up and handed it to the friendly vendor for help. He just shook his head and laughed. I swear, everyone in Curaçao is just too cheerful!

  • Evening (7:00 PM: Dinner & Dancing, or the Attempt Thereof): Decided to try and live a little. Dinner at a restaurant in Otrobanda, the other side of the city. The ambiance was all candlelit tables and live music. Okay, maybe I am in a romantic comedy. Except, I’m also still feeling sunburned. And I’m a horrible dancer. Still, I tried my best to stay on the dance floor and enjoy!

  • Evening (9:00 PM: The Dance-Floor Disaster): The live music transformed into a full group. The music was exciting. My dancing abilities? Terrible. I'm pretty sure I tripped over my own feet at least three times. Did I care? Not really!

Day 3: Beach Bliss & the Bitter Farewell

  • Morning (9:00 AM: Swimsuit Acquired!): Success! Somehow found a little shop that actually sold swimsuits. Took hours to choose one. My new swimsuit is now the most valuable thing in my life.

  • Morning (10:00 AM: The Beach Day, Finally!): Headed to Mambo Beach – the stuff of legend. White sand, turquoise water… it’s everything I hoped for (minus the sunburn). Spent the entire morning floating, swimming, and generally pretending to be a mermaid. I'm pretty sure I turned into a prune. And it was glorious.

  • Lunch (1:00 PM: Beachside Bites): Ate a delicious wrap at a beachside restaurant. The sun, the sea, the food… pure bliss. For a moment, I almost forgot about the impending doom of leaving. Almost.

  • Afternoon (3:00 PM: More Beach, More Bliss…& Minor Meltdown): More beach time. I'm attempting to soak up every last second of paradise. But, of course, I'm also starting to get the pre-departure blues. The constant buzz in my head of "Oh, I wanna stay here forever!"

  • Evening (6:00 PM: Sunset Farewell): One last sunset. This time, I'm determined to savor it. The sky ablaze with colors. A moment of perfect peace. Followed by a sudden wave of sadness that hit me so hard. I didn't want to leave.

  • Evening (8:00 PM: Last Dinner Blues): The dinner at the resort restaurant, once a cause for mild panic, now feels like a bittersweet ending. Looking at all the other guests, so many of them looked so happy to be here, just like before. There should be a rule that you're not allowed to leave nice places.

  • Evening (10:00 PM: Packing and Post-Trip Regret): Packing is a disaster. I can never seem to pack light. There's something about travel that makes me want to buy everything. I swear, I'm bringing home half the island. And staring at my suitcase, I have the realization that the trip is ending.

Day 4: Adios, Curaçao

  • Morning (6:00 AM: Leaving): Waking up to the end of the trip. Saying goodbye to Bon Bini, to Curaçao. The experience was nothing like I expected (because I never know what to expect, honestly). But it was wonderful, and in the end, I am going to miss it incredibly.

P.S. - Will definitely come back, next time with a better swimsuit and sunscreen that actually works.

Luxury Reading Escape: Queens Terrace Select SA Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Okay, so Bon Bini Resort... Curacao? REALLY worth the hype? Because, you know, Instagram.

Alright, let's be real. Instagram deceives. But, for Bon Bini? Mostly, yeah. It's not *perfect*. The photos? Totally dialed up the saturation. My initial impression? "Woah." Followed by immediate panic about finding a damn beach chair. (They're like gold, by the way. Get up early. I’m serious.)

Is the water THAT turquoise? Actually, yeah. On a sunny day (which is most days), it's unreal. I swear, I spent a good hour just staring, jaw on the sand. The real letdown? The occasional rogue seaweed. Mother Nature, you little rascal!

So, hype? Met with a bit of reality check, but still mostly delivered. Just don't expect the perfectly staged, filter-laden version, and you'll be golden. Or, you know, bronzed with a good SPF.

The Villas vs. the Hotel Rooms: Battle Royale! Which one wins? (And is it worth the extra cash?)

Okay, here's the thing. The villas… are a *vibe*. Major "living your best life" feels. We splurged on one, thinking we were fancy. Which, fine, we probably were. But the *privacy*! And the little plunge pool? Worth it. Especially after a day battling the sun and sand.

The hotel rooms? Fine. Perfectly adequate. Clean. Good air con. But... you're kinda packed in. Think "communal sunbathing" rather than "private paradise." And the noise? Ugh, a noisy couple next door. We heard *everything*. Even their, ahem... "negotiations" about the air con temperature. Awkward! (And yes, I *am* judging.)

If you're budget conscious? Save. The rooms are okay. But if treat-yo-self is your mantra? Villas. No contest. Just be prepared to maybe never want to leave your private oasis. I might've considered that one a flaw.

About the Food. Specifically: Is it all just bland, overpriced resort fare? (Pray for me.)

Okay, deep breaths. Resort food *can* be a gamble. But Bon Bini… it swings both ways. The main buffet? Hit or miss. Breakfast? Pretty solid, the omelet station is a lifesaver. Lunch and Dinner? Sometimes it's incredible, and other times it tastes like they just forgot to, you know, *season* the food.

BUT! The a la carte restaurants? Worth the reservation (book WELL in advance, seriously!). The seafood place? Amazing (the catch of the day? Seriously, get it). The Italian place? Decent, nothing world-shattering, but still good. The biggest downside? The time crunch. Everything's slow-paced, which is fine when you're relaxing by the water, less so when you're starving after all the sun exposure.

Pro Tip: Venture outside the resort for at least a couple of meals. Willemstad has some incredible local spots. You won't regret it. Especially if you're a foodie like me. And if you're not? Well, you'll still enjoy the change of scenery.

Tell me about the beach! Because, you know, that's kinda the point.

Alright, the beach. This is where Bon Bini *really* shines. The sand is that perfect, powdery white stuff you dream about. The water? Crystal clear. And the snorkeling? Amazing. (I saw a sea turtle! I nearly died of happiness. Seriously, I almost choked on my snorkel.)

However, things get crowded. This is where the early bird gets the worm (or, in this case, a decent beach chair). Also, bring reef-safe sunscreen. PLEASE. Protect the coral. And the sun? Intense. I'm talking lobster-red after day one, then a peel so epic, it's still talked about. Lesson learned: SLATHER that stuff on. I learned the hard way.

The beach bar? Conveniently located for cocktails. Too convenient, possibly. I might have had one too many piña coladas. And the sunsets? Stunning. Just… perfect. Seriously. I actually cried a little. (Don’t judge me, the rum punch was flowing! and the sunsets are spectacular.)

Is the staff friendly? Because a grumpy staff can ruin a whole dang vacation.

Generally, yes. Most of the staff are lovely. Smiling, helpful, genuinely seem to want you to have a good time. And they work HARD. Seriously, the guy who cleans the beach chairs? Be grateful for that guy! He's a legend.

Of course, you get the occasional… less enthusiastic employee. (We all have bad days, right?) And language barriers can be a thing. My Spanish is appalling, my Papiamentu non-existent. But hey, a smile goes a long way. And pointing! Lots of pointing.

But overall? The staff contribute a lot to the positive vibe of the place. You’ll definitely be charmed by the warmth of the locals! The small inconveniences are worth it for the friendliness they provide. A tip is always appreciated, by the way. (And deserved.)

Okay, let's talk about the Kids' Club. I have little monsters. Should I run?

Okay, this one's a bit of a mixed bag. My kids... well, let's just say they’re *spirited*. The kids' club? It's there. They offer activities, from what I could gather. They seemed to have enough energy, even after all the energy they released on the beach

The thing is, my kids? They're more "explore the world" kind of kids. They went for maybe, oh, half a day! And loved it! And then they were back with me, but the respite was nice. I wouldn't *rely* on the kids' club to make or break your trip, and I can say that they are prepared. They are good people, and the kids had fun!

So, should you run? No. But also, manage your expectations. It is worth the extra time you might get as well as the piece of mind. They are good people, and you'll get some *good* time to yourself.

Anything I *really* need to know that the website doesn't tell you? (Hidden fees? Secret costs?Book Hotels Now

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao

Bon Bini Resort Curacao Willemstad Curacao