
Geojedo Gohyeon S Plus: South Korea's Hidden Gem? You WON'T Believe This!
Geojedo Gohyeon S Plus: South Korea's Hidden Gem? Yeah, Okay, Let's See About That… (A Very Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, let’s just say interesting world of Geojedo Gohyeon S Plus. "Hidden Gem?" The marketing machine is strong, people. Let's find out if the reality matches the hype, shall we? This won't be a perfectly polished travel brochure – I'm here to give you the real deal, warts and all, and let's be honest, I'm probably still picking seaweed out of my toes.
First Impressions: Getting There and Getting In (Accessibility and… Well, That Whole "Ease" Thing)
Okay, so, Accessibility. Geojedo Island itself? Not exactly a breeze for those with mobility issues. The roads can be… spirited. Think winding, think hills, think… praying your taxi driver actually knows where he’s going (happened to me). Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] are your friends here. Seriously. Thankfully, the hotel mostly gets it right. Elevator, check. Facilities for disabled guests, hopefully, they are available. (though I didn't personally need them)
Check-in/out [express] is a blessing when you're tired from the journey, and trust me, you will be tired. Contactless check-in/out these days? Pure gold. Saves you from potential awkward small talk after a long travel day. Check-in/out [private]? Well, that's the deluxe experience, which I didn't spring for this time, but if you're feeling fancy, go for it.
Rooms: My Sanctuary… or My Tiny, Slightly-Smelly Box?
Let's talk about the room, shall we? My sanctuary after a whirlwind of travel. Air conditioning? Absolutely crucial. Air conditioning in public area? Even Better! Non-smoking rooms? Thank god. I actually used it and it kept with the experience.
Let's get into the nitty-gritty of Available in all rooms:
- Additional toilet – Didn’t have that, but hey, a girl can dream.
- Alarm clock – Yep, beeping away, ready to wake you from your seaweed-and-sushi-induced slumber.
- Bathrobes – A luxury, especially after a long day of… well, of everything.
- Bathroom phone – Because emergencies happen, even on holiday? Didn’t touch it.
- Bathtub – YES! Absolute YES! After hiking around the island, this was HEAVEN.
- Blackout curtains – Crucial for combatting that glorious sunshine!
- Carpeting – Meh. Depends on your preference. I prefer a good, clean tile.
- Closet – Enough to hang my slightly-wrinkled hiking gear.
- Coffee/tea maker & Complimentary tea – Essential. And the tea was surprisingly good.
- Daily housekeeping – Bless their hearts. Because, well, I’m messy.
- Desk & Laptop workspace – For pretending to work while scrolling through Instagram.
- Extra long bed – Always a bonus, especially for us tall-ish people!
- Free bottled water – Dehydration is real, people. Stay hydrated!
- Hair dryer – Saved my life (and my hair).
- High floor – Might have requested this to get a good view, or at least less road noise.
- In-room safe box – The illusion of security is sometimes enough.
- Interconnecting room(s) available – Didn't need it, personally.
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free] – Because, duh.
- Ironing facilities – Not a fan of ironing on vacation, but it was an option.
- Linens – Soft, clean, and fresh. Essential.
- Mini bar – Okay, the prices were a bit… steep. Maybe skip that.
- Mirror – Needed to confirm my sun-kissed glow.
- On-demand movies – Didn't use it, but good to know it was there.
- Private bathroom – Thank goodness for that. Sharing is not caring on vacation.
- Reading light – For late-night noveling.
- Refrigerator – Helpful for those ahem… "beverages."
- Safety/security feature, Smoke detector, and other Safety/security feature – Peace of mind. Always a plus.
- Satellite/cable channels – Never turned it on.
- Scale – Don’t look at the scale. Just don't.
- Seating area, Sofa – Made the room feel less cramped.
- Separate shower/bathtub – Luxurious.
- Shower – Worked perfectly!
- Slippers – Comfy, disposable, and a nice touch.
- Smoke detector – A must-have.
- Socket near the bed – Thank you, hotel gods.
- Soundproofing, Soundproof rooms – Absolutely crucial for those seeking peace! (Especially if your neighbors are partying…)
- Telephone – For ordering room service (if you dare!).
- Toiletries – Decent quality.
- Towels – Fresh, fluffy, and plentiful.
- Umbrella – Needed it!
- Visual alarm – For anyone with visual impairment .
- Wake-up service – In case the alarm clock fails.
- Window that opens – To let in the sunshine and the salty air.
The Room: My Big Gripe. It wasn't… perfect. It was clean, yes. But I did catch a whiff of something… slightly musty upon arrival. Not a dealbreaker, but definitely noticeable, and it kind of followed me through the whole stay. This is the imperfection of the place.
Food, Glorious Food (And the Restaurant Situation)
So, Dining, drinking, and snacking are a HUGE part of the Geojedo experience. The Restaurants are okay. It's not five-star dining, but it’s not terrible. A la carte in restaurant is the standard, but if you want a Buffet in restaurant, you can find one. Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant are all an option.
I had the Breakfast [buffet]. It was… fine. Eggs, bacon, a selection of kimchi (because, Korea), and some slightly sad-looking fruit. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was decent. Bottle of water at the table, which I promptly chugged.
The Poolside Bar! Oh wait, there was no pool with a view, but I did a poolside bar? Nope. This has to be an error. A huge bummer for a hotel boasting itself and the island.
Drinks, Drinks, Drinks! Bar the thing to go to . Happy hour is always appreciated!
The Cleaning Brigade: Cleanliness and Safety (Because, you know… germs)
This is where Geojedo Gohyeon S Plus mostly shines, and where they are doing a great job . They take Anti-viral cleaning products seriously. I saw staff constantly cleaning, disinfecting, and generally being vigilant. Daily disinfection in common areas. Rooms sanitized between stays. It was reassuring, especially in these times. They clearly put it into practice. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were reassuring, and I think I saw some Sterilizing equipment behind the scenes.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax (The Spa and the (Missing) Sauna)
Okay, so, this is where the "Hidden Gem?" part comes in. Things to do, the island of Geojedo itself is an adventure. Gorgeous scenery, hiking trails, those famous seaside restaurants serving fresh seafood. The hotel itself? Well…
The Spa/sauna stuff! Nope! None of it at the Gohyeon S Plus, which is a total shame. I could've really used a nice Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage. All gone. I wanted to ways to relax, and the staff just couldn't do it with what they had.
Fitness center! Yes, they have it, small but usable. Gym/fitness also makes an appearance.
For the Kids (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal): Well, here I have something to report. I did see a few families and I’m not sure if it's a good fit here. Their facilities are limited.
But the biggest letdown: The complete lack of a proper spa. I seriously felt like this hotel was missing a cornerstone of the "relaxing getaway" vibe
Unbelievable Phan Thiet: The Clay Resort Awaits!
Geojedo, You Glorious Mess (and Me, Kinda a Mess Myself) - A Travelogue
Alright, buckle up, buttercups and caffeine addicts, because we're diving headfirst into my Geojedo adventure. This wasn’t some perfectly curated Instagram feed waiting to happen; this was a chaotic explosion of kimchi, wrong turns, and a whole lotta “whoa, that’s pretty!” Moments. Here's the raw, unfiltered truth:
Day 1: Arrival & the "Holy Ship, Boats!" Moment
- Morning (6:00 AM, Seoul to Busan train): Ugh, early. Like, really early. My brain was still half-asleep, fueled by lukewarm coffee and the desperate hope I hadn't packed my toothbrush in my checked bag. The KTX was comfy, though. Slept through most of the countryside (which, according to my neighbor, was "absolutely breathtaking"). I believe them, if I'd actually been awake to see it.
- Late Morning (Busan to Gohyeon, Geojedo – Public Transport): This is where the "adventure" really started. Getting a bus from Busan to Geojedo felt like navigating a particularly complex game of real-life Tetris. I'd envisioned a sleek, modern bus and instead got… well, a well-used bus that smelled vaguely of onions and sea air. The driver, bless his heart, didn't speak much English, so I pointed, smiled, and hoped for the best. Turns out, the best included accidentally missing my stop (yay!) and having to backtrack. The "oopsie" cost me an hour of precious sunlight.
- Afternoon (Gohyeon S Plus Hotel & Immediate Impression): Finally! The hotel. It was… fine. Clean, functional, and had a view of… the back of a building. Okay, first impressions aren’t everything, I told myself while frantically connecting to the wifi. I was starving – a crucial detail, let me emphasize. I had foolishly decided that a single breakfast pastry was "sufficient" for the entire travel day! Immediately set out to find a restaurant, my stomach rumbling like a disgruntled dragon.
- Late Afternoon (Ode to the Shipyards!): The first thing I saw was… ships. Giant, magnificent ships. Like, the kind you see that make you question the very fabric of reality. (Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic. But they were impressive). Geojedo is shipbuilding central, and the yards are visible from almost everywhere. My inner child exploded with wonder. My inner adult… was still hungry.
- Evening (The Korean BBQ Gauntlet): Oh. My. God. Korean BBQ. It was everything I’d dreamed of and more. Sizzling meat, mountains of side dishes (kimchi, of course! And pickled… everything! And… wow. So much). I ate until I could barely breathe. I also managed to burn my finger on the grill. Tiny burn, big drama. (I am a creature of habit), while the other patrons watched me, and then went back to their own BBQ, almost ignoring my histrionics. The language barrier meant no help either. Well, it was a fun experience.
Day 2: Wandering, Wonder, and the Curse of the Lost Map
- Morning (The Windy Hill – or “Where I Nearly Blew Away”): Okay, so I'd seen photos of the Windy Hill, and it looked stunning. And it was. The views were incredible. The wind, however, was a force of nature. I spent a good ten minutes wrestling with my scarf and trying not to resemble a deranged scarecrow. The climb was quite challenging. I do not think I was prepared to walk that long through the windy hill, which lead to me being tired for the next two days.
- Mid-Morning (The Secret Garden… Maybe Not So Secret?): The garden was beautiful, with winding pathways and colorful flowers. I got lost. Repeatedly. My sense of direction is legendary (in a bad way). The garden felt like a dream. Until, I saw another group of tourists, it was like a nightmare for a brief moment there. I still want to visit again, but I don't know if I can survive another round.
- Afternoon (Walk to the sea): Another walk, more spectacular views! And another lost moment. I did enjoy the sight, so I cannot complain.
- Evening (Finding Redemption at the Seafood Restaurant): After a pretty rough day, I decided to have a seafood dinner. The seafood was unbelievably fresh. The sunset over the sea was a balm to my soul. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated joy. Okay, maybe the soju helped a little bit. And the garlic butter sauce. Don’t judge me! It was heaven. I will be honest, it was the best meal I had on this trip and I am glad I went.
Day 3: Farewell, Geojedo & the Emotional Fallout
- Morning (Farewell Walk, Goodbye View): One last walk along the coast, just to soak it all in. The sea air was invigorating, the light was just right. I felt a pang of sadness at the thought of leaving. This place, despite all the mishaps and moments of utter confusion, had really gotten under my skin.
- Afternoon (Bus to Gimhae Airport): More public transport adventures. This time, I was slightly better prepared (read: not completely clueless). The journey was mostly uneventful, but I ended up feeling slightly sad.
- Evening (Flight back to Seoul): As I sat on the plane looking out the window, I realized that travel isn’t always about ticking boxes. It's about embracing the mess, the unexpected, the little moments that make you laugh (and sometimes cry). Geojedo, you glorious, slightly chaotic island, you were brilliant. I'll be back. (Hopefully with a better sense of direction and a stronger stomach for kimchi. And possibly a map.)
The Verdict:
Would I recommend Geojedo? Absolutely! (Just maybe bring a friend with a good sense of direction and a strong handle on the Korean language.) It’s beautiful, it’s delicious, and it’s a place that stays with you long after you’ve left. And that, my friends, is what real travel is all about. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a large, celebratory meal.
Indore's Hidden Gem: Hotel O Ashiyana - Unforgettable Stay!
Geojedo Gohyeon S Plus: Seriously, Is This Place Real?! (A Messy FAQ)
Before You Go: The "WTF is Gohyeon S Plus?!" Stage
Q: Okay, so Geojedo… I've heard of it. Gohyeon S Plus? Sounds like a fancy phone model. What IS it actually?
A: Alright, deep breaths. Geojedo is an island off the south coast of South Korea. Think rugged beauty, coastline that'll make you weep (in a good way!), and seafood that'll have you questioning all your life choices. Gohyeon *itself* is a city on the island. And "S Plus"? Honestly, I'm still not 100% sure. It MIGHT be a local building, maybe a specific area, heck, it could just be some clever marketing... but it’s a *feeling*. It's that "secret gem" vibe. You're *supposed* to stumble upon it and feel like you’ve discovered something the Instagram influencers haven't found (yet!).
Q: Is it touristy? Should I be worried about hordes of people ruining the vibe?
A: Nope! Not yet, thank the travel gods. Compared to, say, Jeju Island or Busan? Gohyeon (and Geojedo in general) is blissfully under-the-radar. You might see a few Korean tourists, a smattering of expats, but you’re mostly getting to interact with the *real* Korea. I’m talking genuine smiles, trying to decipher my terrible Korean abilities (or, more likely, their attempts to understand my babbling), and the occasional offering of soju. It's a beautiful mess of genuine connection.
Getting There: Prepare for a Journey (But It's Worth It)
Q: How do I, like, *get* to Gohyeon S Plus? (Please tell me it's not by boat... I get seasick.)
A: Okay, so the boat thing is partially true! First, you gotta get to Geojedo. You can fly into Busan, then you've got a few options: a bus (long, but cheap), a train (a little faster), or renting a car (gives you glorious freedom). The bus drops you off at the main bus terminal in Gohyeon. Once you're ON Geojedo, you can take a bus or rent a scooter (recommended, if you're brave). Getting around *Gohyeon* itself is easier. But do your research and plan. Public transport isn't the most frequent. Just embrace the chaos. Part of the charm, trust me!
Q: Is it a good idea to rent a car if I don't speak Korean?
A: Hmmm. It’s tricky. Google Maps *mostly* works (use it offline!), but GPS directions can be… *optimistic*. Traffic can be a nightmare on weekends. Road signs are, shall we say, suggestively placed and in Korean only. Parking can be a competitive sport. But then again, having a car offers freedom. Maybe brush up on your Korean phrases, download a translation app, and pray to the navigation gods? I did it, but there were some *moments*. Like, *really* tense moments where I was sure I was about to drive… off a cliff. But then again, I *did* see some amazing views that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Weigh your sanity against the potential payoff!
The Gohyeon S Plus Experience: What to Expect (and NOT Expect)
Q: Okay, let’s say I *get* there. What's the *actual* Gohyeon S Plus experience supposed to be? Is there a specific itinerary?
A: No itinerary! That's the beauty of it! I stumbled upon a small seafood restaurant. Seriously, blink and you'll miss it – it looked like it was about to fall apart! But the ajumma (the owner, a force of nature!) served me the freshest, most amazing *hoe* (raw fish) I've ever tasted. The only thing I could understand was "delicious" and "soju." And she just kept refilling my shot glass! Then, I wandered into a local market brimming with color, smells, and life. The friendly vendors just wanted to chat. It's about embracing the unexpected. Explore those narrow side streets. Follow your nose. Get lost. The real “S Plus” is finding your own version of the place. My biggest “S Plus” was definitely the ajumma.
Q: Is there anything to actually *do* in Gohyeon S Plus? Aside from eating and drinking, of course.
A: Well, Gohyeon is the gateway to the rest of Geojedo! You can cruise around the island, visit the Haegeumgang rock formations (absolutely breathtaking!), hit up the beaches (try Gujora Beach for sunsets), and hike some trails for mind-blowing views. But I’d say, focus on *experiencing* it. Chill out at a cafe, watch the world go by. Talk to the locals. Try not to be afraid. Sure, some places might be a little… rough around the edges. Some places might be a bit… *chaotic*. But that's part of the charm. It's not polished. It's real.
Q: Okay, but what about the food? I'm a *foodie*!
A: You're *set*! Seafood is king! Think giant tanks of live octopus, plates of fresh oysters, spicy seafood stews, and more. But venture beyond the obvious. Explore the street food scene – a little stall selling hotteok (sweet pancakes) changed my life. Just... be prepared to point a lot. And don't be afraid to try anything! My biggest food regret? Not trying the live octopus. Next time, sucker! (Pun intended... hah!)
Dealing with the Feels: Culture Shock, and All That Jazz
Q: I'm nervous about the language barrier. What if I can't communicate?
A: Alright, honest moment: the language barrier can be… *intimidating*. But don't let it stop you! Download Google Translate (offline is your friend!), learn some basic Korean phrases (hello, thank you, and "delicious" will get you far!), and be prepared for a lot of pointing, gesturing, and laughter. Koreans are incredibly patient and friendly. And, frankly, sometimes the miscommunications are the funniest part. I once tried to order a coffee and apparently ended up telling a vendor that I wanted to *marry* her. (True story.) Just roll with it!
Q: Any specific culture shock tips? I'm from [Insert Your Country Here].
A: Okay, depends on your origin! But a few general tips: remove your shoes before entering homes. Be mindful of bowing (a slight bow is usually appreciated). Don't be afraid to use your hands when eating (they'll give you chopsticks and a spoon!). Be prepared for constant offers of food and drink. And, most importantly: embrace the politeness and generosity. It's a beautiful part of the culture. But also, don't push yourself too hard! Take breaks, find your quiet moments. Gohyeon is a big adventure. It can be overwhelming, just accept the challenge, embrace the awkwardness, and that’s part of the charm.
The "I'm Already Planning My Return Trip" Stage

