
Hanoi's Hottest Hotel: Super Candle's Unforgettable Stay!
Super Candle Hotel: My Hanoi Adventure (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Fish Sauce)
Okay, folks, let me just say, I've been around. I've seen hotels. I've slept in hotels. I've even, God help me, reviewed hotels. And after my recent jaunt to Hanoi and a stay at the ahem Super Candle Hotel (yes, the name's a bit…vague, but trust me, it works), I'm feeling…well, a bit like a freshly steamed bun. Soft. Satisfied. And slightly bewildered by the sheer intensity of Vietnamese hospitality.
First Impressions (and My Near-Death Experience with the Lobby Art):
Getting to the Super Candle was easy – thank god for the airport transfer ( Airport transfer – check!). After a sweaty, chaotic taxi ride (Hanoi traffic is a thing), I stumbled into the lobby, blinking like a mole. The first thing that hit me? The sheer, elegant calm. There's a vibe, you know? Smells of lemongrass and something vaguely… mystical. And then I saw it: the art. Gigantic, imposing, possibly sentient… I swear, one of the installations moved when I blinked. (Okay, maybe it was just the jet lag. But still!) The Concierge ( Services and conveniences – check!) was instantly helpful, whisking me through a surprisingly efficient Contactless check-in/out ( Services and conveniences – double check!). Phew. Already feeling safer.
Accessibility - The Real MVP:
Now, I'm not in a wheelchair ( Accessibility – check!), but I do appreciate a hotel that cares. And Super Candle clearly does. I noticed Elevator ( Services and conveniences – check!) access everywhere, and signage that clearly caters to anyone with any kind of mobility issues. The hallways were wide, the rooms – more on those later – felt spacious and thoughtful. Big points here. Accessibility matters. I'm all for a hotel that considers everyone.
The Room – My Sanctuary (and the Source of My Endless Tea Supply):
My room! Oh, the room! Let's dissect:
- Oh-so-important: Free Wi-Fi ( Available in all rooms – check!) – essential for a travel blogger like myself (and, let's be honest, anyone who breathes).
- Air conditioning ( Available in all rooms – check!) – Hanoi is humid. Consider this a life-saver.
- Blackout curtains ( Available in all rooms – check!) – crucial for combatting jet lag and general mayhem.
- Seriously comfortable bed ( Available in all rooms – check!) – I actually slept. Like, properly slept. No tossing, no turning, just blissful oblivion.
- Bathrobes, Slippers, and Slippers, Slippers!! ( Available in all rooms – check!) – luxury achieved!
And then there was the detail:
- Free bottled water ( Available in all rooms – check!), and a coffee/tea maker, and complimentary tea! ( Available in all rooms – check!) I'm a tea fiend. My soul felt nourished. They also stocked a mini bar ( Available in all rooms – check!).
Cleanliness and Safety – Because Germs are Jerks:
Okay, let's get real: post-pandemic, cleanliness is everything. Super Candle totally gets this. I saw Daily disinfection in common areas ( Cleanliness and safety – check!), Hand sanitizer ( Cleanliness and safety – check!) everywhere, and staff wearing masks. Felt reassured, and honestly, like the whole operation was running like a well-oiled, sanitized machine. Also, the fact that they had professional-grade sanitizing services ( Cleanliness and safety – check!) on speed dial says everything! Bonus points for Room sanitization opt-out available ( Cleanliness and safety – check!) (though I didn't opt out, obviously!). I even spotted Anti-viral cleaning products ( Cleanliness and safety – check!) in action. Nice work, Super Candle.
Eating and Drinking – My Culinary Adventure (and the Fish Sauce Incident):
This is where things got…interesting. Let's start with the good: the Asian breakfast ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) was a revelation. Pho. Banh mi. Fresh fruit. I ate like a king (or, you know, a slightly messy travel blogger). There was a delicious buffet in restaurant ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) (though I may or may not have eaten a whole mountain of spring rolls). The Coffee/tea in restaurant ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) was delicious. And the Poolside bar ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!)? Perfect for an afternoon cocktail.
Now, the fish sauce incident. I ordered something I thought was pad thai. Turned out to be…well, let's just say it involved a lot of fish sauce. A bottle of water ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) and a stern talking-to with myself later, I was fine. Room service [24-hour] ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) saved the day!
Things to Do and Ways to Relax – From Bliss to (Possibly) Bankruptcy:
Okay, the Swimming pool [outdoor] ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) was gorgeous, overlooking the city. Seriously, the Pool with view ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!). I spent a lot of time floating, contemplating the meaning of life (and whether I'd ever get the fish sauce smell out of my clothes).
Then came the Spa/sauna ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) and oh. my. god.. I went for a Body scrub ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) – my skin is now softer than a baby's bottom. A massage ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) so good, it nearly sent me to another planet. You guys…I may have, possibly, considered re-mortgaging my house to stay in that spa forever. I am that relaxed! I did't try the Gym/fitness ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) or the Fitness center ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) because lounging by the poolside was as far as I was willing to go.
Staff – The Human Touch:
Seriously, the staff. Every single person – from the bellhops to the waitstaff. They were genuinely friendly and helpful. Smiling faces, genuine warmth, and a willingness to help with anything and everything. They even spoke English pretty well! The concierge ( Services and conveniences – check!) was a lifesaver, helping me navigate the Hanoi chaos. Wonderful people.
My Verdict:
Super Candle Hotel? Yes. Highly. I'd go back in a heartbeat. It's clean, comfortable, accessible, and has a staff that goes above and beyond. And who knows, maybe next time I'll even conquer the fish sauce landscape.
But, more importantly…
Want to Escape to Hanoi? Book Your Unforgettable Stay at Super Candle Hotel!
Are you dreaming of vibrant streets, delicious food, and a touch of pure tranquility? Then Super Candle Hotel is your perfect Hanoi escape!
Here's What Awaits You:
- Luxurious Comfort: Settle into impeccably clean rooms with all the essential amenities, including Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! ( Available in all rooms – check!).
- Ultimate Relaxation: Indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments, take a dip in the stunning outdoor pool, or simply unwind and let go of your stress.
- Culinary Delights: Experience the flavors of Vietnam with our exceptional breakfast, delicious dining options at the on-site restaurants.
- Exceptional Hospitality: Our friendly, attentive staff is dedicated to making your stay unforgettable. They'll help you navigate the city and make sure you're comfortable and at ease!
Book Your Stay NOW and Receive:
- A Complimentary Welcome Drink at the Poolside Bar ( Dining, drinking, and snacking – check!) to start your adventure off right!
- A 10% Discount on Spa Treatments ( Things to do/ways to relax – check!) to melt away any lingering tension.
- Exclusive Early Bird Rates: Don't miss out on our limited-time offer!
Why Choose Super Candle Hotel?
- Unbeatable Location: Explore all that Hanoi has to offer, from the bustling Old Quarter to the serene beauty of Hoan Kiem Lake.
- Accessibility Matters: Ensuring a comfortable atmosphere for guests with mobility challenges ( Accessibility – check!).
- Safety First: We prioritize your well-being with rigorous cleaning protocols and 24/7 security.
Stop dreaming and start living! Book your unforgettable Hanoi adventure at Super
Escape to Slovakian Paradise: Wellness Bliss at Penzion Strachan!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to waltz through my (likely disastrously delightful) adventure at the Super Candle Hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. Forget pristine itineraries, welcome to my brain on jet lag and pho.
Day 1: Arrival & Utter Chaos (or, "Where's My Luggage?!")
- Morning (or what feels like morning): Land in Hanoi. The airport? A whirlwind of faces, Vietnamese script dancing before my eyes, and the general feeling of "I'm completely lost." Found the taxi - somehow. The driver, bless his heart, looked about as thrilled to be dealing with me as I was to be wrestling with my luggage. (Spoiler alert: I might have left my suitcase in a completely different city. Or, you know, on a different continent. Whoops!)
- Afternoon: Finally, finally, arrive at the Super Candle Hotel. Now, the exterior? Pretty gorgeous. Think warm, inviting lights and a promisingly elegant facade. The lobby? A cool respite from the Hanoi heat. The staff? A whole lotta smiles and the vague sense of a language barrier as thick as a banh mi. Check in and, surprise, discover that my room is not the one I booked. Sigh. This is my life now.
- Early Evening: After some polite negotiation (read: flailing arms and frantic Googling), I'm in my room. Small, but clean-ish. The view? A chaotic jumble of rooftops and the distant honking of motorbikes. But the AC is blasting. Victory! Decided to take a shower, expecting a luxury experience. The water pressure? Less Niagara, more… a polite trickle. Okay, fine. Embrace the imperfect.
- Late Evening: Dinner at a street-food stall. Ordered something that looked like noodles. It tasted like heaven, and was followed immediately by stomach rumblings and mild panic due to the unknown level of spice (I'm a wimp). The plastic chair was about three sizes too small, making me feel like a giant. Chased it down with a Bia Hanoi, which turned out to be the perfect antidote to a near heart attack from the chilli. Fell into bed, utterly defeated.
Day 2: Lost in Translation & The Coffee Conundrum
- Morning: Woke up to the city's symphony of horns. Coffee… coffee… must find coffee. Wandered the streets, feeling like a bewildered tourist in a movie. Found a tiny cafe tucked away on a side street. The barista spoke some English, I think. Ordered a "ca phe sua da"—Vietnamese iced coffee. And… oh. My. God. It's like liquid crack. Seriously potent and sweet. Drank it so fast, the caffeine took effect immediately.
- Mid-Morning: Decided to explore Hoan Kiem Lake. Beautiful, serene, perfect for a leisurely stroll. Until I got hopelessly lost. Asked for directions. Received a flurry of Vietnamese and hand gestures. Ended up completely somewhere else. And had to get back to find my way back to the hotel.
- Lunch: Found a restaurant that actually looked like it would recognize the English language. Ordered something called "Bun Cha," which is essentially grilled pork with noodles. It was the best I'd ever had.
- Afternoon: Wandered through the Old Quarter. Shops overflowing with silk, trinkets, and the relentless energy of vendors. Bargaining—an art form I clearly haven't mastered. Everything is so cheap! The prices feel almost insulting.
- Evening: Tried to find the famous water puppet show. Got lost. Again. Finally found it. The puppets were amazing. The music? A bit repetitive (but I love it.) The whole thing? Utterly charming. After the show, I went back to my room. My suitcase still hasn’t arrived, and I'm pretty sure my socks have seen better days.
Day 3: Pho & Finding My Inner Zen (Maybe) & The Hotel "Issues"
- Morning: Determined to become a Pho expert. Found a place with a queue snaking down the street - always a good sign. Waited. Ordered. Devoured. It was the most delicious, soul-warming, hangover-curing bowl of noodles on the planet. This is it. This is why I came here.
- Mid-Morning: Yoga class! At the hotel! Decided to embrace the Zen vibes. The class was interesting. The instructor did not speak English, the room had no AC, and it's possible I spent most of my time trying not to sweat. I'm not sure I found my inner peace, but I did find a newfound appreciation for air conditioning.
- Lunch: Ate from a street vendor - the food, absolutely divine - got the runs and was utterly miserable.
- Afternoon: Attempted to find a tailor. Ended up lost in a maze of alleyways. Got chatted up by a very persistent woman selling silk. Successfully escaped with only a couple of silk scarves (which are surprisingly good quality for the price). Found the tailor, but he was closed for the day. Sigh.
- Evening: Back at the hotel. Found a note under my door offering a Complimentary Massage! This, I thought, might make everything better, so I went to the spa. Turns out the massage was… interesting. Let's just say the masseuse was very enthusiastic and, it's possible, I have a bruise or two. The relaxation was… minimal.
Day 4: Departure & Heartbreak (or, "I Don't Want to Leave")
- Morning: Woke up, feeling surprisingly refreshed. Ate one last glorious bowl of pho. Seriously, I might move here just for the pho. Packed up my bag (the one I actually had, thank god).
- Mid-Morning: Checked out of the Super Candle Hotel. Said goodbye to the lovely, if slightly exasperated, staff. Had to say goodbye to the city. It was hard.
- Afternoon: Taxi to the airport. Last-minute souvenir shopping (of course).
- Late Afternoon: Board the plane and the final farewell to the amazing city of Hanoi.
Quirky Observations & Random Ramblings:
- The sheer volume of motorbikes on the streets is mind-boggling. It's like a giant, organized swarm.
- The street dogs are so chill. Just casually lounging everywhere.
- The constant honking? You get used to it. Sort of.
- The food is the real star. Like, seriously, I'd fly back here just to eat.
- The Super Candle Hotel? It had its quirks, but it was part of the charm. And look, the staff, were amazing.
Emotional Reactions:
This trip? It was chaotic, exhausting, and at times, incredibly frustrating. I got lost, got scammed (probably), and ate food that might have given me temporary superpowers and then gave me the runs. But. But. It was also exhilarating, beautiful, and utterly unforgettable. I fell in love with the city, the food, and the sheer resilience of the people. I laughed, I cried (mostly from the spice), and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hanoi, you beautiful, messy, chaotic, delicious place, I'll be back. Probably soon.
Twin Magic: Your Dreamy Terracina Escape Awaits!
Super Candle's Unforgettable Stay: FAQs (and My Sanity Check)
Okay, so "Unforgettable"? What's the big deal about Super Candle Hotel, *really*? Is it just hype?
Let's talk rooms. Are they *actually* as dreamy as the photos? And more importantly, do they have decent Wi-Fi? Because, ya know, work...
Food, glorious food! How's the dining at Super Candle? Is it overpriced fancy stuff or actually worth it?
The Spa. Tell me EVERYTHING. Did you get a massage? Was it worth it? Did you achieve Nirvana?
I keep hearing about the "candle" theme. Is it cheesy? Like, am I going to be tripping over decorative candles everywhere?
Any hidden gems or things to watch out for? Any major disasters you experienced?
So, final verdict? Would you go back? And should *I* go?

