
Escape to Paradise: Casa Florus Awaits in Syracuse, Italy!
Alright, picture this: sun-drenched Syracuse, Sicily. You've been dreaming of it, haven't you? That idea vacation, the one with the turquoise water, the ancient ruins, and the… well, the perfect hotel. Let me tell you, I just got back from a stay at Escape to Paradise: Casa Florus and, whew, buckle up, because I have some opinions.
First of all, let's talk accessibility. This is important, y'all. You gotta be able to get to paradise, right? Accessibility is a big win here. They’ve got facilities for disabled guests listed - important, but I couldn't poke around myself, mind you. Also, elevators, which is a godsend… and you can bet they're running for the exterior corridor where you can view the beauty of Syracuse.
Now, the real kicker: Internet. Look, I need my Wi-Fi, I'm a travel writer, I'm attached to it like my phone is charged. I'm practically married to it. And Casa Florus does NOT disappoint! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah. Internet access is solid, and there's Internet [LAN] if you're into the old-school stuff. I mean, even for the Wi-Fi for special events, they have something that I didn't even use, which is great, meaning there's that.
(Rambling interlude – this Wi-Fi is crucial. One time, I was at a hotel in Rome and the Wi-Fi was down… the horror! I nearly had a meltdown. Lost a whole day of writing! Lesson learned: good Wi-Fi is not optional, it's essential for a civilized existence.)
Okay, back to the serious stuff: Things to do. This place is stocked! Swimming pool [outdoor]? Check. Pool with view? DOUBLE CHECK! I’m talking breathtaking views of… well, I won't spoil it, but it's stunning. And the spa! Oh, the spa…
(Another Interlude – a confession: I'm obsessed with spas. I once booked a spa treatment in Bali that was so relaxing I actually fell asleep mid-massage. Mortifying, but… also the best nap of my life.)
So, the Spa/Sauna is amazing. I spent a solid afternoon getting pampered. I’m talking Body scrub, Body wrap, the whole shebang. They have a Sauna, a Steamroom, and even a Foot bath. It’s seriously a slice of heaven. They also have a Fitness center if you're one of those people who actually likes to work out on vacation (good for them). And I'm sure if the Massage is there then the Spa and Gym/fitness would have a great time.
Now, let's chat about Cleanliness and safety. Look, with everything going on in the world, this is crucial. I was impressed. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. You know they're on top of things. Hygiene certification is probably there. Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. And, yes, Staff trained in safety protocol. I felt super comfortable, which is a HUGE weight off your mind when you're trying to relax. There is also a Doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit, just in case.
(Side note: I'm prone to getting mosquito bites. Don't ask. So the peace of mind knowing there's a doctor on call is a huge plus.)
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Okay, let's be honest, a good hotel is about the food. Absolutely. And Casa Florus delivers beautifully. They have a Restaurant, a Poolside bar, and even a Coffee shop. You can also order Room service [24-hour]. They have A la carte in the restaurant, a Breakfast [buffet], and a Breakfast service on the side, the breakfast includes Western breakfast and Asian breakfast which is great, there are many more options like Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in the restaurant, so you can get a different meal daily! I may have indulged in a few too many desserts, but hey, vacation.
(Dramatic pause – I'm a sucker for a good dessert. And this place had amazing desserts.)
Services and conveniences: This place is practically a self-contained city. Concierge, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Daily housekeeping, Currency exchange, Gift/souvenir shop, a Convenience store,… it covers everything. They even have Business facilities, including Meeting/banquet facilities, and a Xerox/fax in business center, if you HAVE to conduct business while you're on vacation (I'm judging you a little, but I get it).
For the kids: They have babysitting service and Kids facilities. Is this a kid-friendly hotel? I'm not sure, because I left my tiny humans at home for this trip, but it is important to mention.
Available in all rooms: Okay, the rooms. They're gorgeous. Seriously. Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area. Alarm clock, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The rooms had it all. I was super comfy, and fell asleep for hours.
Getting Around: They've got you covered for getting around. Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], or you can use Taxi service
Final Verdict… and the irresistible offer
Alright, here's the deal. Casa Florus is, in a word, amazing. It's the ultimate escape, offering luxury, comfort, and a whole lot of relaxation. It's got the accessibility you need, the internet you crave, the spa you dream of, and the dining options to satisfy any craving. It really is a paradise.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
Limited-Time Offer:
Book your stay at Casa Florus in Syracuse, Italy, now and get:
- 15% off your room rate
- A complimentary bottle of local Sicilian wine upon arrival
- Free access to the spa for one day
Why wait? Your Sicilian escape awaits! Click that link below and book your escape to paradise today! This is your chance to relax, rejuvenate, and experience la dolce vita at its absolute finest. You deserve it! Don’t miss out on the vacation of a lifetime.
Escape to the French Countryside: Hotel Burnichon Tarare Awaits!
Casa Florus & Syracuse: A Messy, Wonderful Whirlwind (My Itinerary… Kinda)
Okay, so here's attempt number three at my Syracuse itinerary. The other two? Suffice it to say, they'd make even a seagull question my sanity. This one…well, we'll see. "Wonderful Italy" and “Casa Florus” promised a dream, and I'm here to find out if they delivered. Strap in, buttercups. It's going to be…interesting.
Day 1: Arrival & Almost Lost in Translation (And My Luggage?)
- Morning (Before Espresso): Landed at Catania Airport, feeling optimistic. You know, the feeling before you realize you've spent 20 minutes staring at a map that resembles a Jackson Pollock painting. Pre-booked a transfer (thank the gods) to Casa Florus. Actually found the driver, which felt like winning the lottery.
- Impression: So far, so good. Sicily is stunning even from the bus…though I'm already starting to sweat. Not the good kind.
- Afternoon (Post-Espresso, Still Sweating): Arrived at Casa Florus. OMG. The pictures didn't lie! Seriously, the place is gorgeous. That balcony?! Breath-taking. Check-in was smooth, but… my luggage? MIA. Currently fighting with my luggage-less reality. The staff at Casa Florus were lovely, though. Very patient with my horrified gesticulations.
- Anecdote: The woman at the front desk kept repeating "Tranquillo, Signora," which is Italian for "Calm down, lady," and let me tell you, my inner Italian fire was currently a volcano. I ended up wandering Syracuse in my airplane clothes, looking like a drowned rat and a very confused tourist.
- Evening (Dinner, Alone, With Regret): Pizza. In Syracuse. Alone. Because, you guessed it, no clean clothes. The pizza? Divine redemption. Margherita. Simple, perfect. Ate it on the balcony of my apartment. Couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. I really wanted to wear that cute dress I had planned.
- Emotional Reaction: This first day gave me a huge range of highs and lows, all of which ended with "Why didn't I pack a carry-on?!" I'm tired, a bit lost, but so, so excited. Even with the luggage drama, I can already feel the magic of this place.
Day 2: Exploring Ortygia & Becoming a Gelato Addict
- Morning (Post-Luggage-Update-That-Wasn't): No luggage, alas. Decided to embrace the day. Ortygia, the island heart of Syracuse, beckoned. Wandered aimlessly – which, let's be honest, is my preferred method.
- Quirky Observation: Every corner seems to hold a hidden fountain or a crumbling balcony overflowing with flowers. It's like living inside a postcard.
- Afternoon (Gelato-Induced Bliss): Found the Temple of Apollo. Impressive, even if it's mostly ruins. Then…gelato. Oh, the gelato. Pistachio. Hazelnut. Lemon. All consumed with a speed and gusto that would impress a competitive eater. I'm pretty sure I've already gained five pounds.
- Anecdote: Stumbled (literally, tripped on a cobblestone) into a tiny artisan shop selling ceramics. Ended up buying a tiny, ridiculously cute ceramic lemon. It's become my talisman of the trip. Also, I've learned the phrase "Quanto costa?" (How much does it cost?) faster than I've learned any useful Italian.
- Evening (Dinner, This Time With Purpose): Finally! Found a tiny trattoria (via Google Maps, naturally) in the maze of Ortygia. Ordered the pasta with pistachio pesto (again!). Didn't regret any of it. And yes, I wore the same clothes. They are officially multi-day travel wear.
- Emotional Reaction: Absolute, unadulterated joy. Ortygia is a treasure. I'm starting to feel like there's something special about this place. I'm happy.
Day 3: The Greek Theatre & A Bathing Experience
- Morning (Finally Got My Luggage!): SUCCESS! The baggage fairies delivered. Felt like Christmas morning. Finally, time for clean clothes and an enthusiastic re-pack.
- Afternoon (The Theatre of My Dreams): The Greek Theatre! HOLY. MOLY. This thing is HUGE. And the views…wow. I spent ages just sitting there, soaking it all in and trying to imagine ancient performances happening on that stage. Powerful.
- Anecdote: Made the mistake of not bringing water. In the blazing Sicilian sun. Learned a valuable lesson about staying hydrated and sun-cream application.
- Evening (A bath in the middle of Syracuse): Well, technically a boat trip. I had booked a late afternoon boat trip from the sea to appreciate the ruins that are next to the coast. At one point, the coast guard, of all things, came and told us that we could swim in the sea. I was hesitant since I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans but then I took a dip. Best experience ever.
- Emotional Reaction: The Greek Theatre was, truly, a highlight. My only complaint is that the trip could have never ended.
Day 4 - 7: (The Great Double-Down & Some Rambling)
Morning (All Mornings): Coffee and balcony time at Casa Florus. Watching the city wake up. Planning…or, more accurately, attempting to plan…the day.
The Quest for Seafood, Continued: Spent the next few days exploring further, but with a singular, unwavering focus: FOOD. I'm not even kidding. Especially, seafood. I'm absolutely determined to find the perfect seafood restaurant.
- Rambling: This quest became an obsession. Every restaurant felt like the potential winner, but I was a brutal judge. Do you judge a restaurant’s seafood based on appearance, service, or how the sea flavour blends with your palate?
Double-Down on the Seafood Experience: Found a little place tucked away near the market. Absolutely unassuming from the outside. The waiter had an air of nonchalant authority, as if he knew something I didn't. He was right. I had the grilled octopus. It was a revelation. Crispy edges, succulent in the middle, with a hint of lemon. I think I tasted the sea.
The Verdict (Maybe): Is this the perfect seafood? Maybe. The taste was definitely perfect. But the experience… perfect. You know. The journey, the anticipation, the sudden relief of finding exactly what you were searching for.
- Emotional Reaction: This place…it's more than I could have imagined. I am deeply affected by it.
More "Activities" (That Happened Somewhere In There):
- Drove to the interior, tried to see the sea.
- Wandered the old Jewish quarter.
- Got serenaded by a street musician playing a very…Italian tune.
- Lost myself in the local market, buying strange fruits I couldn't name and delicious pastries.
- Sat on countless cafe chairs, drinking coffee, and just…observing.
Departure (And The Bitter-Sweet Goodbye):
- Packing (sigh). Looking back at everything, Syracuse truly is a mess of emotions, and the best kind. I leave a piece of my heart behind. I swear I'm coming back.
- Opinionated Language: This trip was a dream. It felt like a movie. It's one of the realest, most raw experiences I've ever had.
Final Thoughts (If I Can Summarize):
Casa Florus, Syracuse, the food, the people, the sunshine… Everything. Even the luggage drama. This messy, imperfect, absolutely amazing trip. It was a gift. If there is a place on Earth that can hold a special place in your heart, it's probably Syracuse.
Grazie, Sicily. Until next time.
Ciao!
(P.S. Still no idea why the seagulls like to hang out on my balcony so much. Mystery of the universe?)
Krpan's Croatia: Uncover the Hidden Gem You Won't Believe Exists!
Escape to Paradise: Casa Florus Awaits - Your Syracuse Survival Guide (in Italy!)
Okay, so... Casa Florus. Is it *actually* paradise, or is it just, you know, *Italy*?
Alright, let's get this straight: Italy is *already* paradise. The food, the history, the sheer *drama* of it all... it's a lot. Casa Florus? Well, it's *Italian-paradise-plus*. Think of it as having your own little slice of heaven, with seriously stylish furniture (seriously, I wanted to smuggle the chairs out).
But, and here's the honest bit: the first hour? A bit of a wobble. Finding the place was a *mission*. Our GPS was having a conniption fit, and I swear, the Italian drivers think right-of-way is a suggestion. We were *hangry*. We were sweating. And then... BAM! We found it. And all the travel-induced rage just... melted. That first moment, stepping inside, the sun streaming in... *chef's kiss*. Totally worth the slightly-terrifying drive.
So, yeah. Paradise. But with a side of "nearly lost my sanity getting there." Which, let's be real, is pretty on-brand for Italy.
What's the *actual* place like? Is it like the pictures? Because, you know... Instagram lies.
YES! Okay, maybe not EXACTLY like the *professionally* taken pics, but close enough. (And trust me, I'm skeptical. Very.) It's gorgeous, seriously. High ceilings, exposed beams, a gorgeous courtyard you just *know* you'll spend hours lounging in.
However, there *was* a slight snafu with the air conditioning, which, in Sicilian summer, is… well, you need it. (Seriously, it's like living in a pizza oven.) It took a bit to get sorted, but the owner, bless her heart, was *amazing* about it. She practically sprinted over with a repairman. So, yes, it's beautiful, but be prepared for real-life *Italian* charm - which sometimes includes a minor technological hiccup. Embrace it. It's part of the adventure.
The location... Is it good for, like, actual *things* to do? Or just sunsets and gelato (which, let's be honest, is also a valid vacation plan).
Syracuse is *amazing*. Like, seriously good. Casa Florus is perfectly positioned. It's a short walk to Ortigia, which is the island part of Syracuse. Think ancient ruins, a *stunning* piazza, restaurants, and that gelato *that* I mentioned. Basically, everything you've dreamed of Italy being.
But, (and I’m going to be brutally honest here) parking... is a NIGHTMARE. Seriously. Learn to parallel park before you go. Or, resign yourself to walking. Which, honestly, is a blessing in disguise. You’ll stumble upon hidden gems, tiny cafes, and locals yelling at each other (a quintessential Italian experience). Think of it as a built-in workout plan. And trust me, you’ll need it after all the pasta.
Food! What about the food? Because let’s face it, that’s the real reason we go to Italy. Any recommendations near Casa Florus?
Oh. My. God. The food. Okay, deep breath. This is the *crucial* part. Syracuse is a food lover's dream, and Casa Florus is practically in a truffle-scented bubble of deliciousness. Forget your diet. Abandon all hope of portion control. Just... eat.
There's a little family-run place, *A Tavula Cotta*, that I'd *actually* sell my car for. Like, the pasta... the seafood... the cannoli... I’m getting emotional just thinking about it. And the *staff*? They treat you like family, even if you barely speak Italian (which, by the way, learn some basic phrases. It helps!).
And do NOT, I repeat, *DO NOT* miss getting a granita. It's like shaved ice, but… magical. Seriously. Get it with brioche. Breakfast perfection. And... oh man, I could go on for hours. Just... eat *everything*.
Okay, so I'm sold. Anything I should *avoid*? Like, any hidden costs or things that catch you out?
Well, aside from the previously mentioned parking situation (seriously, plan for it!), there weren't any BIG surprises. Casa Florus is pretty transparent. But, here's a tip: check the fine print on cleaning fees and things like that. Sometimes those add up. And, of course, factor in the cost of... well, everything Italy. Pizza (especially good pizza), wine, gelato, souvenirs… it all adds up! But hey, it's worth it, right?
Also, be prepared for the pace of life. Things move... slower. It's glorious, but it takes some getting used to. Embrace the languor. Resist the urge to rush. And don't expect everything to be instant. It's Italy, baby! Take a deep breath, sip your espresso, and enjoy the *moment*.
What about the owner/host? Are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The owner? Absolutely wonderful. Super helpful. She speaks *good* English, which, let's be honest, is a massive relief when you're struggling with Google Translate and trying to order a sandwich at 3 in the morning (hypothetically, of course). She gave us tips on where to go, what to see, and even recommended some local restaurants that were absolutely *amazing*. Think of her as your personal Sicilian concierge.
She was also incredibly responsive. If we had any questions (like, say, about the air conditioning), she was on it, troubleshooting the problem within *seconds*. It added a level of comfort and ease to a vacation that could have otherwise been quite stressful. She's a gem!
Is it good for families? Couples? Solo travelers? What's the vibe?
Casa Florus is pretty versatile. I’d say it’s great for couples looking for a romantic getaway. The courtyard is incredibly intimate. I also think it’s perfect for small families. The space is big enough that you're not tripping over each other, and there's plenty of room to relax. I saw a family laughing and playing cards out in the courtyard one night, and it looked utterly idyllic.
As for solo travelers... maybe. It's a fairly quiet property. If you *love* your own company, you'll adore it. If you're looking for a social scene, it might not be the best fit. It's moreChicstayst

