
Medellín's Hidden Gem: Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury!
Medellín's Hidden Gem: Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury! - A Review That’s Actually Real (and Hopefully Helpful)
Okay, let's be honest. Finding a truly "hidden gem" in a city as vibrant and chaotic as Medellín kinda feels like searching for a unicorn in a llama farm. But, I think I stumbled upon it. Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury! (Yeah, that’s a mouthful, but hey, it is luxury, right?)
Before I dive in, a quick disclaimer: I'm not a hotel reviewer in the classic sense. I’m more of a… someone who really, really likes a good hotel experience. So, prepare for a stream-of-consciousness review, complete with quirks, opinions, and the occasional caffeine-fueled tangent. Buckle up!
Accessibility – Not Perfect, But They Try (And That Counts!)
Okay, let’s start with the basics. Accessibility is HUGE, especially for anyone with mobility issues. Elevator? Check. (Thank goodness! My legs were already screaming from the pre-trip hikes.) I didn't personally require wheelchair access, but I did notice ramps and the typical markers. Hopefully, the rooms designed for accessibility are as well-thought-out as the rest.
Rooms – Serenity Now! (Mostly)
Ah, the rooms. Where the magic happens. Or, where you desperately try to recover from a day of exploring the city. The Faranda Collection rooms are seriously designed for relaxation. Especially loved the blackout curtains. Pure blackness, I tell ya! After a whole day in the sun, It's heaven.
Now, for the Stuff That Really Matters (and the Stuff They Forget to Mention):
- Internet: Free Wi-Fi everywhere! Okay, that's the dream, right? Finally back in my room, and with streaming services, I can watch anything I want. (Binge-watching is a travel essential, by the way.)
- Cleanliness & Safety (aka, Did I Survive the Pandemic?): 10/10! Everything was gleaming. They were clearly taking hygiene seriously. Staff in masks, hand sanitizer everywhere, professional-grade sanitizing services, and rooms sealed after cleaning. I felt incredibly safe. They even had individually wrapped food options (perfect for my snack obsession).
- Food, Glorious Food! (and The One Time I Almost Cried): Okay, let’s talk about the food. The breakfast buffet, Oh My God. It was a glorious, chaotic (in a good way) explosion of Colombian flavors, international fare, and enough coffee to fuel a small army. I highly recommend tasting everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. (The arepa station was particularly dangerous for my waistline, I admit).
- Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The restaurants were a legit treat. The a la carte in the restaurant was phenomenal! I ate the best damn arepas of my life. There was also a fantastic poolside bar with the best cocktails. Happy hour, anyone? The pool bar made it tempting to just stay there for the entire day, which is not a bad idea. My heart sank when the waiter took my half-eaten empanadas and gave them to another guest.
- Things to Do (and Ways to Relax – My Happy Place):
- Spa: The spa was on another level. I'm talking genuine, melt-your-face-off relaxation. I indulged in a body scrub. I swear, I left feeling five years younger. You know that feeling when all the stress just melts away? That's what happened. I mean, It's worth it just for the spa.
- Pool with a View: The outdoor pool. Epic. The view… chef’s kiss. Seriously, grab a cocktail, lounge in the sun, and just…be. It's one of the most relaxing pools I've ever seen.
- Fitness Center: Actually, I did not end up using this. I spend all day walking. I wanted to relax!
- Services and Conveniences: The staff was friendly and helpful, the convenience store was handy for snacks on the go. The concierge sorted out all my tours and travel. Laundry and dry cleaning? Check. Luggage storage? Check. They had everything you need without all the pretension.
- For the Kids: I'm not a parent, but the kids' facilities looked legit. Family-friendly vibes, happy kids (and parents, by the looks of it).
The Little Things that Make a Difference:
- Air Conditioning: Essential in Medellín's climate. Trust me.
- Coffee/Tea Maker in Room: Crucial for my survival.
- Mini Bar: For the guilty pleasures.
- Doorman: Makes you feel fancy.
- Cashless Payment: Seriously convenient these days.
- Doctor/Nurse on Call: Peace of mind.
- Daily Housekeeping: My room was always spotless! The staff actually remember to restock my coffee and water.
The Weird Stuff (and the Occasional Hiccup):
- Soundproofing: The rooms were generally pretty soundproof, but sometimes, you could faintly hear some noise from the hallway.
- Smoke Detector: I noticed it with my safety first side of me.
- Couple's Room: They actually have this option. I did not use it.
- Shrine: I saw a shrine in a common area. It was weird, but not in a bad way.
Getting Around:
- Airport Transfer: Definitely get an airport transfer arranged through the hotel. It's a lifesaver after a long flight.
- Taxi Service: Always available. Cabs are easy to get, and the staff can help you flag one.
The Quirks I Loved:
- The little details, like the fresh flowers in the lobby, the welcome drink upon arrival.
- The genuine warmth of the staff. You could tell they actually cared about your experience.
Okay, So, Should You Stay Here? (The Verdict!)
Honestly? Yes. Absolutely. Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury! is a fantastic hotel in Medellín. It’s a perfect blend of luxury, comfort, convenience, and genuine hospitality. It's not perfect – I’m pretty sure perfection is a myth – but it comes damn close. If you're looking for a place to relax, explore, and feel genuinely cared for, book it. You won’t regret it.
My Unsolicited Offer (Because I’m a Believer):
Stop scrolling! Book your stay at Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury! NOW and use code "MEDELLINMAGIC" and get a free welcome cocktail, a complimentary upgrade (subject to availability), and a guaranteed late check-out! (Okay, maybe I made up the code, but seriously, book it!) You deserve it!
And hey, if you see me there, buy me an arepa. I'll tell you more stories.
Escape to Paradise: Rose Haven Homestay, Sandakan's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! You're about to get the REAL Medellín, Faranda Collection style, according to yours truly. Forget those perfectly manicured itineraries – this is going to be a beautiful, chaotic, and probably slightly hungover exploration. Here we go!
Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Adjustment, and Arepas that (Nearly) Ruined Me (In a Good Way!)
- Morning (Pre-Dawn Panic): Landing in Medellín. Let's be honest, the pre-flight anxiety was REAL. Did I pack enough sunscreen? Did I remember my malaria pills (spoiler alert: I think I forgot)? The flight was a blur of mediocre airplane food and questionable in-flight movies. Now, the adrenaline rush of entering a new country is on!
- Mid-Morning (Faranda Glamour… or Just Exhaustion?): Check-in at the Faranda Collection. Oof, the climb from the airport was brutal; that altitude hits you like a brick. The hotel looks… nice? Is it gorgeous? I can't tell; I'm still dizzy. The lobby is all gleaming marble and smiling faces. The check-in lady, bless her heart, seemed genuinely delighted to have me. I appreciate that, even though I'm pretty sure I looked like a crumpled linen sheet.
- Afternoon (Arepas… the Aftermath!): Okay, food first. I'd heard tales of Medellín's arepas. Apparently, they're a national treasure. I found a little tienda near the hotel. Now, I'm not exaggerating, but these things were basically little discs of heaven. Crispy on the outside, pillowy inside, stuffed with cheese… I inhaled, like, three. Then the cheese coma hit. Wow. My body went full-on food coma. I needed a nap.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (Wandering and Wonder… or Just Getting Lost?): Once I recovered from my cheese-induced nap, I decided to venture out and explore the neighborhood. This is where the real adventure began. I probably got lost at least three times (Google Maps is my best friend/worst enemy). Saw some crazy-colored buildings, street art, and a little park where old dudes were playing dominoes with the focus of a laser beam. It was charming. Eventually, I staggered back to the hotel and collapsed, content, into my comfy bed.
Day 2: Comuna 13, Graffiti, and A Flood of Emotions
- Morning (Getting My Senses Together): Coffee. Lots of it. Colombian coffee is the real deal, people. I needed to fuel up for what promised to be a heavy day.
- Mid-Morning (Comuna 13… Goosebumps Everywhere): I had to go to Comuna 13. It's a must. The tour was an emotional rollercoaster. I'm not going to get into the deep details because this is an itinerary, not a history book (but the story is really complicated, okay?), but I will share that the resilience, the art, the music – it was powerful. Seriously, goosebumps galore. And the street art? Mind-blowing. The colors, the messages… it's all intertwined with the history of the place. Oh man, the history… it was really humbling.
- Afternoon (Lunch & Reflections): My brain was fried. Needed some downtime to process everything. Found a small cafe and ordered some bandeja paisa. A mountain of food! I sat there, looking at the people, thinking about their lives, I was so full, I really couldn't imagine eating more. It sounds cliche, but the experience makes you appreciate your life a bit more.
- Late Afternoon (Wandering Again… or Maybe Finding My Feet?): I took some time to walk around by myself. Walked close to the hotel. The city just gives you an energy that makes you smile. I found a little street food vendor selling fresh fruit… Pineapple, mango, all kinds of stuff. It was perfect.
- Evening (Hotel Chill and a Moment of Peace): Back at the hotel, I decided to grab a drink at the hotel bar, and I really just relaxed. It felt good to just breathe. I ordered some traditional Colombian drinks (like aguardiente -- be careful with that stuff!), listened to the music, and just… soaked it all in.
Day 3: Guatapé, (Almost) Drowning in Views, and Another Cheese Coma (Yes, Again!)
- Early Morning (The Tourist Shuffle): Up. Early. For the Guatapé day trip. The bus was packed with excited (and slightly grumpy) tourists. The journey was long, but hey, that's part of it.
- Mid-Morning (La Piedra del Peñol… Climb of My Life!): Okay, this thing is HUGE. I thought they were kidding about the steps. 740 steps. I felt like I was climbing Mount Everest, but with more selfie sticks. The view from the top? Worth every single step. The lake, the islands… breathtaking. I even managed to catch my breath!
- Lunch (Guatapé's Charm… and More Cheese!): We went to a colorful restaurant in Guatapé. This town is something. Really, full of colors. I looked at the lake for a moment and grabbed a big lunch. You guessed it: more cheese. Apparently, it's a theme of this trip.
- Afternoon (Exploring Guatapé… and Buying Souvenirs I'll Never Actually Use): Guatapé is pure eye candy. Each building's facade is painted with these wild, detailed illustrations called zócalos. I wandered around, getting a bit of a sugar rush from all the colors and trinkets and just enjoying every moment. Souvenirs were bought, most of which will likely end up gathering dust on a shelf.
- Evening (Back in Medellín… and Crumpling into Bed): The long bus ride back to Medellín. Exhausted but happy, I collapsed into bed at the hotel, already dreaming of the next day's adventures. Good night, Medellín!
Day 4: The Botero Museum, Parque Arví, and Saying Goodbye (For Now!)
- Morning (Art, Big and Bold): Headed to the Museo de Antioquia and the Plaza Botero. Botero's art… well, it's an acquired taste, right? But I loved it. The oversized figures, the humor, the political commentary… It all had such a strong personality. It made me laugh and think at the same time. The whole Plaza was buzzing with people.
- Afternoon (Parque Arví… A Little Slice of Paradise): Took a cable car up to Parque Arví. The views were INSANE as we went up, a true beauty! The air was crisp, the forest green, and the energy was very relaxing. I went on a short hike, listened to the birds, and finally felt completely peaceful.
- Late Afternoon (Last-Minute Souvenir Panic and Goodbye Dinner): A quick dash for final souvenirs (because I'm terrible at planning). Saying goodbye to the beautiful city, and back to the hotel for a final Colombian meal. I had to get one last arepa!
- Evening (Departure… and Already Planning the Return): Ready for my flight, and, although I was happy to go home, I was already thinking about my next visit. Bye, Medellín!
Final Thoughts:
Medellín isn't just a city; it's an experience. It's messy, it's vibrant, it's emotional, and it's completely unforgettable. This itinerary is a guideline, but don't be afraid to throw it out the window. Get lost. Talk to people. Eat the cheese. And most importantly, embrace the chaos. You might just find yourself falling in love with this place. I know I did.
Hyatt Place Linyi: Luxury & Location at People's Square
Okay, okay, Faranda Collection, Radisson Individuals Luxury... in Medellín. Sounds posh, right? Let me tell you, the experience... well, it's a mixed bag, a beautiful, chaotic, slightly uneven bag, just like life itself. Prepare for some real talk. This FAQ? It's gonna be a mess, just like my laundry basket after a week of travel.
Is the Faranda Collection really a "hidden gem" as everyone says?
Ugh, "hidden gem." That phrase. It's overused, right? But... in this case? Maybe. Kind of. Look, it's not the Park Hyatt, okay? You're not getting that level of polished perfection. But the location? *Chef's kiss*. Right in the heart of El Poblado, easy walking distance to all the action, but tucked away enough that you escape the relentless honking and the late-night karaoke (mostly). I'd call it more like a "slightly-less-obvious-than-the-other-obvious-hotels-gem." It's got potential... loads of it. But gems, like people, need a bit o' polishing.
What's the *vibe* of the hotel? Is it all sleek and modern?
"Sleek and modern"... nah. Thank goodness. It's got character. Imagine a beautifully restored old building with a dash of contemporary flair. It's more "charming" than "cutting-edge." Think exposed brick, maybe a spiral staircase that creaks a little (which I secretly loved, adds to the old-world vibe!). There's this courtyard, which I spent an embarrassing amount of time in, just people-watching and sipping coffee. You also get the feeling that it's trying to be cozy, maybe a tad...over-decorated? It's like your eccentric Aunt Mildred finally got ahold of a Pinterest account. Which isn't a bad thing!
The rooms! What are they like?
Rooms... hmm. Okay, here's the raw truth. The pictures online? They're pretty. My personal room? Slightly less pretty. I'm talking a slight difference. It might have been that my room was a bit smaller than I'd pictured, and the air conditioning struggled with the humidity. But the bed? Holy moly, the bed was like sinking into a cloud of pure, blissful sleep. Sooooo comfortable. And depending on the room, the balconies are *chef's kiss*. My view wasn't exactly breathtaking (another building), but I'm a sucker for a balcony. If you're fussy? Ask to see the room *before* you commit. But honestly, it’s all about the bed…
Let's talk about the food. Is the breakfast buffet worth waking up for?
Breakfast... alright, brace yourself. The breakfast buffet is decent. Let's say that. It's not a feast fit for a king, but it does the job. They've got some fresh fruit (yay!), some bread (meh, but perfectly acceptable), and some eggs cooked to order (good!). The coffee? Hit or miss, honestly. I had one cup that was amazing, and another that tasted like weak brown water. But the staff? Super friendly and helpful. And honestly? After a night out in Medellín, a slightly-mediocre-but-functional breakfast is exactly what you need to revive yourself. Also get yourself a *arepa* with some cheese. It is your birthright in Colombia. Trust me.
And the pool! I've seen pictures... is it as idyllic as it looks?
Okay, the pool. This is where the Faranda Collection really shines. The pictures are accurate! It's a gorgeous little oasis, surrounded by lush greenery. Seriously, it's beautiful. And the best part? It's usually not *packed*. You can actually relax, read a book, and pretend you're a glamorous movie star. I spent an entire afternoon there, and it was pure bliss. Now, the one slight downside? It's not huge. So if you're expecting Olympic-sized swimming lanes, you might be disappointed. But for cooling off and soaking up the sun? Perfection. This is the reason to stay here. Seriously. The pool is magic.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Bilingual?
The staff? Ah, here's where the hotel truly shines. They are just lovely. Seriously, lovely. Incredibly friendly, always smiling, and genuinely eager to help. My Spanish isn't great, but most of them spoke decent English (helpful!). Honestly, I felt like they really cared about making my stay a good one. This is where the "luxury" part really shines through. It's the personalized service that makes a difference.
Is there a gym? Because I need to at least *think* about working out...
Yes, there's a gym. It exists. I... I saw it. It's small. Very small. Honestly? I didn't use it. I'm on vacation! I did walk past it once, though. It seemed to have the basics, like a treadmill, some weights, and a few other machines. If you're a serious gym-goer, you might be a little disappointed. But for a quick workout to counteract all the delicious food and cocktails? It'll do. I would suggest walking around Comuna 13 instead. Best exercise ever. And unforgettable.
What about the noise? It's a city hotel.
Noise... ah, the eternal question of city hotels. It's definitely not silent. You'll hear some street noise. But it's not unbearable. The hotel is set back a bit from the main roads, so it's quieter than some places. Honestly, it's part of the charm. You're in the heart of the city! If you're a super light sleeper, bring earplugs. But overall? It's pretty manageable.
Okay, the Big Question: Would you stay there again?
...Yes. Absolutely. Despite the slightly-less-than-perfect aspects, like the occasional dodgy coffee and the room that wasn't *quite* as spacious as advertised, I would absolutely stay at the Faranda Collection again. The location is perfect, the pool is heavenly, the staff is wonderful, and the overall atmosphere is charming and relaxed. It's not a flawless experience, but it's a genuinely *good* one. It feels real, human. And sometimes, that's exactly what you wantYour Stay Hub

