
Unbelievable Sapporo Onsen Escape: 501 Rooms, 4 W-Beds & 6 S-Beds Await!
Unbelievable Sapporo Onsen Escape: 501 Rooms, 4 W-Beds & 6 S-Beds Await! - Seriously, What's the Buzz? (A Review That Gets Real)
Okay, so "Unbelievable Sapporo Onsen Escape"? That's a claim. And with 501 rooms, 4 W-beds (presumably wide beds, bless), and a mere 6 S-beds (single? twins? who even knows!), it sounds… well, massive. I'm usually more of a "boutique hotel with character and a slightly wonky door handle" kinda gal. But hey, Sapporo in winter? Onsen? I'm in! Let's dive headfirst into this beast and see if it lives up to the hype, or if it's just… a whole lot of hotel.
First Impressions & Getting There (Accessibility & Getting Your Bearings):
Right off the bat, let’s be real - I always worry about accessibility. I’m not in a wheelchair, but I am a klutz and I do appreciate a smooth experience. Good news! The website (the one that actually works, unlike some…) promised facilities for disabled guests, elevators (essential!), and all the usual suspects. I was relieved to see these were definitely present, and the common areas seemed navigable. Check-in was surprisingly quick, even though the lobby was teeming with what felt like everyone flying into Sapporo. They've got a 24-hour front desk which is always a win. And the sheer scale of the place? It's kind of impressive, if overwhelming. My brain almost short-circuited.
Rooms & Relaxation (aka, The Good Stuff… Hopefully):
Okay, room check! This is where the "Unbelievable" part better kick in. They promise Wi-Fi [free] (praise!), air conditioning, blackout curtains (for those late-night Netflix binges, naturally), and all the usual suspects. My room was… well-equipped. Definitely not the quirky boutique vibe I crave, but it was clean, and the bed (thankfully not an S-bed!) was comfy enough. Linens felt fresh, and I loved the bathrobes and slippers. It's those little touches, you know? The coffee/tea maker, though… well, it was there. Let's just say I made a beeline for the coffee shop downstairs first thing.
And the onsen, the reason for the escape? Here's where things got real good. Okay, so the sauna was pretty basic, but the pool with a view? Spectacular. Watching the snow fall while soaking in hot water? That's Unbelievable with a capital U. The spa/sauna complex was a highlight, and I saw some people getting massages. (I may or may not have booked another one.) There was a fitness center, which I bravely glanced at before retreating to the spa. And the foot bath? Yes, please! My tired traveler’s feet were eternally grateful.
Food, Glorious Food (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking):
This place is a beast when it comes to food options. Multiple restaurants boasting Asian cuisine, International cuisine, and even a Vegetarian restaurant… seriously, they've got it all. Breakfast [buffet] was… buffet-y. Vast, chaotic, and full of everything you could possibly imagine. The coffee/tea in restaurant was… ok. The Western breakfast offering was decent, and I spotted some interesting desserts in the restaurant (because of course I did). They have a bar and a poolside bar (perfect for sipping something stronger while soaking in the sun), and even a snack bar. They offered room service [24-hour] too, which is perfect for those late-night cravings. The salad in restaurant was a welcome relief from all the rich food. The bottle of water in the room was a nice touch.
Cleanliness & Safety (aka, The Worrying Bits):
Okay, let's get serious. This is 2024. We expect clean, and we expect safe. I'm happy to report… well, mostly good news. They clearly take hygiene seriously. I saw hand sanitizer stations everywhere. They use anti-viral cleaning products – a big sigh of relief! The daily disinfection in common areas gave me peace of mind. Plus, rooms sanitized between stays, right? They even have staff trained in safety protocol. I felt that, despite the size of the place, the whole operation was run with a commitment to the health of their guests. I believe that the hygiene certification is a strong point.
Services & Conveniences (The Perks & Perplexities):
Alright, let’s get to the nitty-gritty. They have a concierge, currency exchange, laundry service, and even a gift/souvenir shop. They also provide car park [free of charge]. The doorman was particularly helpful. There's a convenience store on site (perfect for those midnight snack runs). I needed an ironing service, the hotel happily provided. They also provide useful services to guests, such as having luggage storage and a safe deposit box for valuables.
For the Kids(or lack thereof) (Family Matters): I don't have kids personally, but I did notice a good amount of family/child friendly facilities, I saw some kids facilities and even a babysitting service. This place must be great if you're going with your kid.
What Could Be Better (The Imperfections, Because Life Ain't Perfect):
Honestly? The sheer size. It’s a bit overwhelming. It lacks a certain warmth and intimacy that you find in smaller hotels. The food, while plentiful, varied, and generally good, could sometimes feel a bit generic. And I wish they had a little more personality beyond the very polished façade.
The Verdict: Is It "Unbelievable"?
No, it's not unbelievable in the sense of a mind-blowing, life-altering experience. But it is a solid, comfortable, and incredibly well-equipped hotel. And with that amazing onsen, it's definitely worth it for a relaxing escape. It's perfect for families, groups, or solo travelers who prioritize convenience, comfort, and a vast array of amenities.
My Recommendation: Book it. Especially for the onsen. Just breathe, embrace the chaos, and prepare for a truly relaxing experience.
SEO-Optimized Closing & Call to Action:
Ready to experience the Unbelievable Sapporo Onsen Escape? This stunning hotel boasts everything you need for a perfect getaway – from its accessible facilities and free Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi [free]) to its incredible onsen (Spa/sauna, Swimming pool [outdoor]) and diverse dining options (Restaurants, Breakfast [buffet]). Don't miss out on your chance to unwind in style! Enjoy the fitness center, or indulge in a massage. Explore all of the things to do during your vacation. This is the perfect choice for a family/child friendly getaway. Book your stay now and experience the best of Sapporo in comfort and style! Click here to book your Unbelievable Sapporo Onsen Escape and let the relaxation begin!
Newport's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!
MolinHotels501 ~ Sapporo Onsen Story ~ W-beds4 & S-beds6: A Messy, Glorious Itinerary (or, How I Survived Sapporo and Didn't Completely Embarrass Myself)
Okay, so. Sapporo. Japan. This was the trip I'd been dreaming about for, like, years. Ramen, snow, a freaking onsen! And MOLINHOTELS501, which sounded like the name of a secret government facility where they bred adorable snow leopards. Turns out, it's a perfectly decent hotel with way too many beds, which, let's be honest, is never a bad thing.
Pre-Trip Anxiety & Travel Preparations (AKA, The "I Packed Too Much and Now I'm Paying For It" Phase):
- Weeks Before: Panic. Booking the hotel? Easy-peasy. Researching where to eat all the ramen? Pure, unadulterated joy. But the packing? Oh, the packing. I'm pretty sure I brought enough clothes to outfit a small army. Turns out, winter in Sapporo is cold. Who knew? I also packed approximately three different types of face masks and a small library of Japanese phrasebooks. My luggage was a behemoth.
- The Flight (or, "Why Did I Choose Economy?"): Long. Very long. Trapped next to a guy who kept loudly sniffing and a chatty toddler who repeatedly tried to assess my nose. The in-flight entertainment was… well, it was there. I watched the same three episodes of a British Baking Show about six times. The ramen anticipation was the only thing keeping me sane.
Day 1: Arrival & The Ramen Revelation (or, "I Fell Madly in Love with Soup"):
- Morning (Arrival at New Chitose Airport, AKA, the Gateway to Ramen Heaven): Landed! Snow! Beautiful, pristine snow! Immediately felt a wave of sheer, unadulterated JOY. (Followed by a wave of "Did I remember my passport?" - yes, I did). Navigated the airport like a slightly-lost, but ultimately triumphant, penguin. Took the JR train into Sapporo. The scenery was breathtaking. I started taking a thousand pictures. My phone died. Sigh.
- Afternoon (MolinHotels501 Check-in & Bed Inventory): Found the hotel! It wasn't a secret government facility, but it was clean, efficient, and the staff were super helpful despite my terrible Japanese. The rooms… were… spacious. Four double beds and six singles? What even? I took a quick nap just to recover from the long flight and a bit of jet-lag.
- Evening (Ramen Time!): Okay, this is where things get really good. Located a bustling ramen shop near the hotel. The smell? Divine. The queue? Long, but worth it. I ordered the miso ramen, the Sapporo staple. The first slurp? An explosion of flavor. I nearly cried. (Look, I get emotional about food okay?) It was rich, savory, and the noodles… oh, the noodles. I’m pretty sure I ate the entire bowl in approximately 3.5 minutes. Regretted nothing. And I think I fell in love with a bowl of soup.
Day 2: Exploring Sapporo & The Onsen Dilemma (or, "Is This Too Hot? Am I Dying?"):
- Morning (Sapporo TV Tower & Odori Park Ambling): Decided to be a tourist. Headed to the Sapporo TV Tower for panoramic views. The city looked beautiful dusted in fresh snow. Then wandered around Odori Park. It was so picturesque, like a snow globe come to life. The people were all bundled up, happy, and there was a winter market that smelled like sizzling street food.
- Afternoon (The Onsen Adventure): Okay, this was the big one. The Onsen! Nervousness levels were high. I spent an unreasonable amount of time fretting about towels and, ahem, societal expectations of nakedness. Found a public onsen. The ritual was… interesting. The cleansing, the rinsing, the… nakedness. It was… intense. The first soak in the hot water was heaven. Then, after a few minutes, I started to feel like a boiled lobster. I may have yelped quietly. I may have panicked slightly. But I survived! And, afterward, I felt… incredible.
- Evening (Dinner and a Very Mild Karaoke Attempt): Found a delightful little izakaya (Japanese pub). Ordered skewers, fried chicken, and more excellent beer. Briefly considered karaoke. (My singing is… not good). Decided against it. Instead, I listened to locals belt out power ballads and had another beer. Perfect.
Day 3: Chocolate, Snow, and More Ramen (or, "My Diet Consists Primarily of Delicious Things"):
- Morning (Shiroi Koibito Park & Sweet Tooth Delights): Visited Shiroi Koibito Park, the home of those amazing white chocolate sandwich cookies. It's like a Willy Wonka factory, but with more sophistication and less singing Oompa Loompas. Did a cookie-making class. Accidentally ate most of the chocolate chips. No regrets.
- Afternoon (Sapporo Snow Festival, Well, Sort Of): The Sapporo Snow Festival wasn't quite on during my visit, but there were still amazing ice sculptures dotted around the city. I spent a ridiculous amount of time taking photos and marveling at the artistry. The sheer scale of some of the sculptures was incredible.
- Evening (Almost Another Ramen Revelation): Went back for more ramen, this time trying a different style. It was… delicious, but not quite as revelatory as the miso from day one. I still gave it my best shot. Continued to wonder if anyone has ever died of pure ramen happiness.
Day 4: Departing, Reflection, and the Ramen Withdrawal (or, "The End is Nigh… and So Is My Ramen Supply"):
- Morning (Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping & Souvenir Regrets): Did some last-minute souvenir shopping. Realized I had no room in my luggage for anything else. Bought a ridiculous, oversized mascot plushie. Was it necessary? No. Do I love it? Absolutely.
- Afternoon (Departure and the Sad Goodbye): Headed back to the airport. The snow… still beautiful. The Sapporo skyline… still amazing. I almost cried. (Again). The ramen withdrawal was already setting in. I vowed to return.
- Evening (Plane ride and Memories): The flight home was long, this time I slept a bit, the memories of my trip flooded me. I am incredibly happy and grateful for the memories of this journey.
Quirky Observations, Random Ramblings, & Emotional Reactions (Because Why Not?):
- The Convenience Stores: Seriously, these are life-changing. They have everything. And the food… so good!
- The People: The Japanese are incredibly polite and helpful, even when you accidentally blurt out a phrase in the wrong context.
- My Japanese: I know, like, five phrases. "Konnichiwa" (hello), "Arigato" (thank you), "Ramen, onegaishimasu" (ramen, please), and "Sumimasen" (excuse me, which I used constantly).
- Emotional Rollercoaster: From pure unadulterated joy at the snow to mild panic in the onsen, I was utterly, completely, and unapologetically alive.
- The Food: I officially declare ramen a food group. The end.
Conclusion:
MolinHotels501, Sapporo, ramen, the onsen… it was a messy, imperfect, and utterly brilliant trip. I'm already planning my return. And, yes, I'm packing extra luggage this time. For the ramen. And maybe some extra face masks, just in case.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Octo Villa Awaits in Bali!
Okay, 501 rooms? Really? Is this a hotel or a small town? And are they ALL decorated the same?
Alright, let's be real. 501 rooms? My first thought was, "Good lord, where am I, the world's largest Airbnb?!" Seriously though, it's a behemoth. A *massive* behemoth. And to answer your other burning question – the decor? Well, let's just say you're not going to be getting a unique, boutique hotel experience. Think "comfortably generic." I half-expected a mime convention to be going on in the hallways, you know, just due to sheer room volume. *Everyone's* got double beds. Though I did hear a rumor of a 'secret' executive floor with solid gold toilet seats... probably not true. But I got a *real* good chuckle just thinking about it.
Four W-beds & Six S-beds? What's that even *mean*? Is this some sort of bed-based scavenger hunt?
Okay, this one *did* make me chuckle when I was booking. Four *W*-beds? Six *S*-beds? I spent a solid ten minutes trying to figure out if it was some Japanese-to-English mistranslation or if they were seriously selling a bed census! Turns out, W-beds are probably wider beds, and S-beds are, well... single beds. Mystery (mostly) solved. I actually ended up with an S-bed. It wasn't exactly the lap of luxury. I’m a bigger guy, and I felt like I was auditioning to be a sardine in a can. But honestly, after the onsen, I was so relaxed I could have slept on nails. Literally.
Let's be honest, the Onsen! Is it actually good? I’m picky about my hot springs.
Alright, buckle up, because this is where things get *intense*. The onsen is the reason you're going, right? The *whole* reason. And... it's good. Really, really good. But *massive* caveat: it also depends on your onsen preferences. Here's my take: I LOVE onsen. I worship them. And this one... this one delivered. Outside, under the snow, the Japanese maples were all orange and red, and the steam rising from the water... pure bliss. I was practically levitating. But be warned. This wasn't some tiny, intimate, secret location. It was busy. A lot of people. The sheer *scale* can be a bit… overwhelming at first. You're sharing your zen with a whole lot of strangers. I saw a guy doing backstrokes, like, seriously. In the *onsen*. Sigh. But overall? Worth it. Absolutely. Just take a deep breath and try to embrace the communal experience!
Food! What kind of grub can I expect? Is it all just ramen?
Okay, the food situation... it's a *mixed bag*. Yes, there's ramen. And it's decent ramen. But don't expect Michelin-star quality. Think more along the lines of "satisfying after a long soak." There's also a buffet, which, again, is a mixed bag. Think of the best and worst buffet items you’ve ever encountered and then imagine them both side-by-side. There was a sushi bar! But, the presentation felt a bit… mass-produced. I mean, it's not gourmet. But there's enough variety to keep you happy. On my first time, I made a rookie mistake and ate *way* too much. I felt like a stuffed turkey by the time I got back to my sardine-can room. Lesson learned: pace yourself!
Is it family-friendly? I have small children who need entertaining.
Hmm. Family-friendly... yes and no. They *do* have some amenities geared toward the younger crowd. There were arcade games and a small play area I spotted, and the buffet is definitely kid-friendly (lots of things shaped like animals!). But the onsen, of course, is a pretty quiet experience because kids are expected to exercise a degree of decorum. And honestly, with 501 rooms... you're going to be battling for space, and the potential for noise is high. The pool area had kids, and I have to admit, it provided some of the best people-watching I've ever done in my life. Screams, giggles, the whole thing. (Though it's safe to say, it wasn't *my* idea of a relaxing environment...). I would say, if your kids are pretty well-behaved and adaptable, it's doable. If they're the type to spontaneously combust on a bad day? Maybe reconsider. Consider it.
Any tips for making the most of the onsen experience, because I'm a total newbie and don't wanna look like a fool.
Okay, listen up, grasshopper. Onsen etiquette is *everything*. First, shower *thoroughly* before you enter the bath. Like, seriously. Scrub down like you're trying to win an award. You want to leave your worries, and some of your dirt, *behind*. Second, no swimming! No splashing! No yelling! (I saw a guy doing *all three* things, which made me seriously question society. I'm not joking, the guy was wearing goggles!). Don't bring your phone in the bath. Don't even think about it. And most importantly? Relax. Just breathe. Let the warmth melt your stress away. Oh, and if you're shy about being naked? Just… get over it. Everyone else is. I’m a very modest guy, but frankly, after the fourth time, I thought, "Ah. Everyone's got a body." Eventually it's a non-issue.
What’s the deal with the robes? Are they clean? Can I wear them everywhere?
Ah, the robes! The hotel provides *yukata* – those lovely cotton robes. They’re generally clean, *yes*. (I hope!). You can wear them around the hotel, to the onsen, to the restaurant, wherever! Think of them as your official "I'm on vacation and I don't care" uniform. I saw a woman strutting through the lobby in hers, heels and all! And you get the *slippers*. I'm a big fan. Just, you know, don’t go wearing them to the onsen itself. That's a no-no. Basically? Embrace the robe life. It’s the ultimate symbol of chillaxation. Just don’t go wearing it outside, unless you want some *interesting* stares. Trust me on this one.
Would you go again? Be honest.
Honestly? Yeah, I probably would. Look, it's not perfect. It's a little chaotic. The buffet is… well, you get the idea.Scenic Stays

