
Ocean Village Club B-17: Your St. Augustine Dream Getaway Awaits!
Ocean Village Club B-17: My St. Augustine Dream…or Did I Just Dream It? A Review (and a Plea to Go!)
Okay, so I just stumbled back from… well, from a pretty darn good stay at Ocean Village Club B-17 in St. Augustine. And honestly? I'm still trying to piece it all together. It’s like that perfect beach vacation you think you remember, but the details are hazy. Did it really happen? Was that sunset THAT ridiculously gorgeous? And more importantly, did I actually feel relaxed?
Let's wade through the sand (and the memories) and see if I can explain this… experience.
First, the Basics (the Boring Stuff, Let's Get This Over With):
- Accessibility: Okay, Ocean Village Club, you get a thumbs up. They've got some solid facilities for disabled guests, an elevator, and I believe the common areas were pretty navigable. I didn’t personally need it, but I appreciated seeing the effort. This is a HUGE plus for a lot of folks.
- Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! I was able to actually get some work done (ish). Internet access – wireless worked flawlessly. Don't expect blazing speeds for streaming a full movie, but it's definitely adequate.
- Cleanliness and Safety (the Post-COVID Considerations): Honestly, they were on it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization between stays… the whole shebang. Felt very safe. They even had hand sanitizer everywhere. It’s the little things. The staff trained in safety protocol gave me some, let us say, 'over-enthusiastic' greetings.
- Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (the Good Stuff): They don’t have on-site restaurants per se, but there are some serious perks. A la carte in restaurant (near-by) , Breakfast [buffet], and Breakfast service (in room) are my personal favorites. The coffee/tea in restaurant, was fine. There are lots of other restaurants nearby. I did order room service once - and it came promptly!
Okay, Enough Dry Listings, Let's Dive Into the Feels!
The Room: My Own Little Beach Bubble
B-17 is listed as a ‘condo’ and not a hotel room, which is great! Air conditioning was a godsend (thank you, Florida humidity!). I especially loved the blackout curtains (necessary for sleeping in), the extra long bed, and the refrigerator. Stocked up on my favorite snacks and beverages - crucial for a truly relaxing vacation. Free bottled water; thank goodness. And the small balcony was perfect for those early mornings with coffee, watching the sun peek over the ocean.
My Big, Fat, Wonderful Obsession:
The thing that truly made it for me? The sound. Seriously. I’m talking about the sound of the ocean. Because of the exterior corridor, all the rooms can face the water. The crashing waves lulled me into the most profound, sleep-of-the-dead kind of sleep. I’m talking, I woke up feeling like a new person. It was total bliss.
Things to Do (and NOT Do) and Ways to Relax:
Okay, so it's not a mega-resort. They don’t have a crazy spa, but you can still kick your feet up here!
- Swimming Pool: Yes, there's a lovely swimming pool [outdoor]. Totally clean and refreshing.
- Beach Access: You're practically on the beach. Walk out the door, down a path, and BAM! Sand. Sun. Ocean. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- Fitness: There’s a fitness center, but I might have walked in and walked right back out. Something about the ocean just felt…healthier? I opted for beach walks instead. Priorities.
The Little Things That Matter:
- Daily housekeeping: Appreciated it immensely. Coming back to a clean room is fantastic.
- Customer Service: Very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Car park [free of charge] & Car park [on-site]: This is HUGE in St. Augustine. Parking is a nightmare normally, so this was a massive perk.
- Contactless check-in/out: Easy and fast, especially after a flight.
The Imperfections (Because, You Know, Life):
- No Doctor/nurse on call.
- No onsite spa.
- No onsite restaurant. (But so many amazing ones nearby!)
- The occasional seagull that sounds like a dying cat. (But hey, beach life, right?)
My Verdict: Run, Do Not Walk, to Ocean Village Club B-17!
Okay, so I might be a little over-enthusiastic. But seriously, this place is pretty darn close to paradise. It’s not a glitzy, over-the-top resort. It’s a quiet, comfortable, and genuinely relaxing escape. If you’re looking for somewhere to de-stress, unplug, and soak up some serious sunshine with a perfect beach view and sound, Ocean Village Club B-17 is a MUST.
And Now, the Aggressively-Marketed Plea (Because Let’s Be Honest, That’s Why You’re Here):
Your St. Augustine Dream Getaway Awaits! Book Your Escape to Ocean Village Club B-17 Today!
Are you tired of the daily grind? Longing for the sound of waves, the feel of sand between your toes, and a chance to actually relax? Then look no further!
Ocean Village Club B-17 offers the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and coastal charm. Enjoy spacious, well-appointed condo with all the amenities you need for an unforgettable vacation. Here's why you should book now:
- Prime Beachfront Location: Wake up to breathtaking ocean views and easy access to the pristine sands of St. Augustine Beach. Let the waves be your alarm clock!
- Unbeatable Value: Enjoy the freedom of a condo with the comforts of a hotel, all at a price that won’t break the bank!
- Safety First: We're committed to your well-being. With enhanced cleaning protocols, sanitized accommodations, and a focus on physical distancing, you can relax and enjoy your stay with peace of mind.
- Flexibility & Convenience: With free Wi-Fi, fully equipped kitchens, and convenient parking, you'll have everything you need to make your vacation your own.
- Create Unforgettable Memories: From romantic getaways to family fun, Ocean Village Club B-17 is the perfect backdrop for creating memories that will last a lifetime!
Book your stay with Ocean Village Club B-17 today and experience the magic of St. Augustine!
Click here to book and receive a special discount! (Offer good for a limited time only!)
Don't let this escape pass you by! Your dream getaway awaits!
Thistle London Heathrow T5: 5-Star Luxury You Won't Believe!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your average, perfectly-organized travel plan. This is… well, this is me trying to wrangle a vacation at Ocean Village Club B-17 in St. Augustine, Florida. Prepare for emotional whiplash and possibly a descent into existential dread brought on by too much sunshine and questionable coffee. Let's go!
Ocean Village Club B-17: The Unofficial, Unpolished, Possibly Hilarious Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and the Beach Combing Blues
Morning (ish): Arrived! Okay, truth bomb: getting here was a saga. Airline lost my luggage. My favorite Hawaiian shirt. I almost cried. Managed to salvage some dignity and avoid a full-blown meltdown because, you know, vacation. Found B-17. It looks… like a condo. Not quite the turquoise paradise in the pictures, but hey, it's beach adjacent. Plus, finally got the key. Success!
Afternoon: The luggage saga continues. No shirt. Empty suitcase. But the beach! Okay, the beach is gorgeous. Seriously, the sand is like powdered sugar. Spent a solid hour just staring at the waves. I almost wanted to cry, again, But this time, it was happy tears, just a moment of peace. Began the beach combing, searching for shells. Found a half-eaten crab and some weird spongey stuff I definitely don't want to touch. Did I mention I want my Hawaiian shirt back?
Evening: Dinner. Tried a local seafood joint. It was… fine. The grouper wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly life-altering (and expensive!) Saw a couple of seagulls fighting over a french fry. Realized it was a metaphor for my travel woes. Probably ordered too much wine to forget about the shirt. Stumbled back to B-17. Found a giant cockroach in the living room. Time for bed, maybe tomorrow will be better, hopefully.
Day 2: History, Hustle, and Heartbreak (Over a Parking Spot)
Morning: Slept in. Glorious, glorious sleep. Woke up feeling… relatively okay. The cockroach trauma seemed to have faded (mostly). Decided to be a "cultured tourist" and visit the Castillo de San Marcos. The history is actually fascinating. I felt a profound connection with the history of the oldest city in US. The bastions are impressive. Got a little lost, and started getting tired. At least, I still had my camera. The sun was starting to show its ugly face again.
Afternoon: Strolled through the historic district. It's… touristy. Very touristy. So much fudge. So many overpriced souvenirs. But, I did see a really cool antique shop. Found a vintage postcard with a picture of, well, a beach. Reminded me of my missing shirt. I almost decided to just get the same design printed on a t-shirt. Decided not to spend any more money. Now, finding parking in this town is a battle for the ages. Seriously. I've seen more blood spilled over parking spaces than on the actual battlefield. Ended up circling for a solid half-hour, and then finally found a spot… only to have someone else swoop in and steal it. I swear, I almost went full-on road rage. I hate that.
Evening: (Dinner with Myself) And Finding My Place This is where it gets interesting, probably embarrassing. I tried to find a restaurant, but they were all packed or too expensive. I was feeling a little down, missing my shirt, and that missing parking spot had really set me off. So, I did the only logical thing: retreated back to B-17. And made myself dinner. Which, turned out to be a can of beans, and a bag of chips. That's it. Felt a little pathetic. And, for some reason, decided to have a dance party in the living room to some terrible 80s music. I got lost in the music and dance and lost track of time. I felt… happy. Suddenly, the can of beans didn't seem so bad.
Day 3: The Quest for the Perfect Beach Read and the Unexpected Friendship
Morning: Vowed to be more productive. Went to a bookstore. Didn't find my perfect beach read, instead, I found a book about… well, it doesn't matter. The bookstore was cool and quiet. It re-energized me.
Afternoon: Back to the beach. This time, with a mission: find the perfect seashell. Spent hours wandering the sandy stretch, ignoring the sun, the heat, the tourists. This time, I met a kid, maybe about seven, who was also combing for shells. He was so excited when he found his. And he shared his treasures with me. He also didn’t judge my lack of beach expertise. Maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to get the whole "vacation" thing.
Evening: A local bar. Not fancy. Just a place with cold beer and live music. Met some locals. One friendly woman told me about a secret spot to watch the sunset. We laughed, talked about life, nothing major. It was the best evening, filled with new perspectives, and a connection I didn't realize I needed.
Day 4: Departure and The Unfolding Truth
Morning: Packing. Hating packing. Still no Hawaiian shirt. Checked out early - which, after those parking drama, was the only decision I could make.
Afternoon: Back at the airport. Luggage is still missing. I find myself not caring anymore. I've found a bit of serenity.
Evening: Back home. Still shell-shocked from the trip, but oddly content. Maybe those tiny little moments made it worth it. The missing shirt? It's still a bummer, but it's just a shirt. It's not the end of the world.
Final Thoughts:
Ocean Village Club B-17? The condo was fine. The beach was gorgeous. St. Augustine is… quirky, beautiful, and filled with fudge. But it wasn't about the place. It was about the messy, imperfect moments. The little moments I'll carry with me. The ones that made me feel something. And yeah, maybe next time I'll pack a spare shirt… and actually find a decent parking spot.
Escape to Paradise: Centara Avenue & Suites Pattaya Awaits!
Ocean Village Club B-17: Your St. Augustine Dream Getaway – or is it?! FAQs (with a *serious* dose of reality)
Okay, so, what *is* Ocean Village Club B-17, anyway? Sounds fancy...
Alright, down to brass tacks. B-17 at Ocean Village Club is basically a condo in St. Augustine, Florida, right on the beach. Picture this: you, wearing a ridiculously oversized novelty sun hat, strolling from your front door… straight onto the sand. Sounds idyllic, yeah? It *can* be. Emphasis on *can*. It's not a hotel, so you're kinda on your own – which, for some of us, is fantastic, and for others (like my Aunt Mildred who needs constant hand-holding) is a disaster waiting to happen. It's got all the usual suspects: a kitchen (thank goodness!), a living room, and hopefully, a decent view. More on that later...
Where exactly is it located? Is it near the *good* stuff? (i.e., the historical bits, the restaurants, etc.)
Ocean Village Club B-17? It's on the beach...duh. I kid! It’s a bit south of the main historic district. Which, honestly, is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because you're away from the HUGE crowds swarming the Castillo de San Marcos (seriously, those lines are *insane*). Curse because you'll probably need to drive or cab it to get to all the action. Walking is an option, but… it's a walk. A hot, Florida walk. Let's just say my calves weren't thrilled. And parking in the historic district? God help you. Budget for that. And patience. Lots and lots of patience.
Speaking of the beach... is it actually a *nice* beach? Because, you know, some beaches are… not.
The beach? Now we’re talking. Generally, yes, it’s a *nice* beach. Wide, sandy, and you can actually walk on it without tripping over a million shells (though, granted, you’ll still find a few. My niece, bless her heart, collected approximately 300,000,000 tiny shells to "take home"). The waves are usually pretty gentle – not exactly surfing territory, but great for splashing around or just floating. And, crucially, it felt *clean*. No weird seaweed monsters or suspiciously oily patches. Bonus points for the sunrise views! I swear, I nearly wept the first morning. It was THAT good.
What’s the deal with the condo itself? Is it… charming? Updated? Or, you know… stuck in the 80s?
Okay, *this* is where things get… interesting. Honestly? It’s a mixed bag. "Charming" is a good word if you squint your eyes and tilt your head. “Updated” is… debatable. Let’s just say the decor *varies*. My experience? The kitchen was perfectly functional (thank GOD), but the bathroom? Let's just say, the tile work had seen better decades. And the furniture? Well, let's just say I’m not sure if that floral sofa *ever* saw the light of day. But hey, it *was* clean, which I think is a massive deal breaker for me. And the balcony! The balcony was a lifesaver and probably the highlight of my stay. The constant salty breeze and the morning coffee were a match made in heaven.
Are there any amenities? Pool? Gym? Do I have to bring my own toilet paper?! (Please say no to the toilet paper!)
Alright, essential questions. Yes, there's a pool. Pretty standard, nothing to write home about, but it's there. A gym? Technically, yes. A gym with… equipment. How well-maintained it is, I can’t say. I'm not a gym person, you see. I’m happy to skip the workout and go straight for the mimosa and the beach chair. And the toilet paper? THANKFULLY, no, you don't have to bring your own! They usually provide a starter kit, but you’ll probably need to buy more depending on your… habits. (And honestly, if you run out, just head to the nearest Publix; it's not rocket science.)
What's the best time of year to visit? Avoid the crowds, the hurricanes... the humidity...
This is a tricky one. St. Augustine is lovely pretty much any time of the year, but… May or October/November are your sweet spots. The weather is (usually) glorious, the crowds are thinner than in summertime, and the hurricane risk is lower. Avoid July and August unless you *love* humidity and are prepared to sweat 24/7. Also, be mindful of events! St. Augustine hosts some amazing festivals but also tends to be *packed* during them. And let’s be honest, nobody wants to fight for a parking spot while trying to enjoy their vacation.
Okay, serious question - what about the downsides? What should I be prepared for?
Alright, real talk time. The downsides… Well, first, like I said, the interior of the condo can be a bit of a toss-up. It REALLY depends on the owner and when they updated it last. Second, the location, while convenient to the beach, means a bit more legwork to get into the historical district. Third, parking. Always a pain, especially during peak season. Fourth, the noise. You're on the beach, so you'll hear the waves, which is great, but you *might* hear your neighbors too. And finally, be prepared for the Florida heat and humidity. It's no joke, people. Stay hydrated!
Any tips for a newbie visiting B-17?
Oh, yes! First, pack light. Unless you plan on dressing up in your best ballgown for dinner every night, you really don't need a ton of clothes. Second, bring bug spray! Seriously. Those mosquitos mean BUSINESS. Third, find the local grocery store and stock up on snacks and drinks. A well-stocked fridge is key to a happy vacation. Fourth, explore the nearby restaurants! There are some real culinary gems in St. Augustine. And finally? Relax. You're at the beach. Let go of your worries, put your feet up, and enjoy the view. Unless, of course, the view is of your neighbor's questionable inflatable flamingo collection. Then, maybe close the blinds.
So, would you go back? Be honest.

